Sign in to follow this  
underboyleheating

Motherwell Kit Archive

87 members have voted

1. 1. Which past kit if any would you like to see re-introduced as a future match worn kit?

• Kit A : Classic 1950?s rugby hooped sleeve shirt
    • Kit B : Classic 1960?s crewneck hooped shirt
    • Kit C : Classic 1970?s claret sash shirt
    • Kit D : Past kits should remain just that, in the past

.......................... Personally I have always favoured white away kits with subtle hints of C&A.

Too dull, lack imagination.

Too dull, lack imagination.

Suppose that's the beauty of it. One man's dull and lacking in imagination is another's simple, uncluttered and classy.

Our C&A makes us instantly recognisable. Hunners play in white as a change strip ...................... reverse the Home strip by all means but keep the Away kit predominately C&A for me.

Why are we "due" a black kit? Is it in our history to have often had such a colour associated with us?

I've never liked a black kit.

If memory serves it was only Xara that made us black away kits was it not?

Pony and Xara are the only manufacturers in recent times that have been about long enough to have a 'cycle'.

This was the one they chose. Looks more like a training shirt to me.

.2hcg6qr.jpg

Mock up of that shows it having one white sleeve, too simlar to the Xara training shirt, don't like odd sleeves.

That looks a bit better, not much but a bit.

I suspect the kit will be shown in Sundays programme ahead of the Open day a week later?

Usually the last home game of the season where a kit is announced/launched is it not?

I've said it before but I'll say it again. The Canterburry away top seemed to be one of the most popular strips we have had in a long time. Why not use a similar style now and again. Obviously better quality material would be good.

I dont like black strips, never have.

Refs should be in black and no-one else.

We have a whole spectrum of colours to chose from for our strips why go with black?

This years alternate the jade/electric blue thingy with the claret and amber hoops was different and, although I wasnt impressed at first, it did grow on me and I finally decided i liked it enough to buy one.

I think that's the kind of line we should take, pick a colour you hardly ever see on a football jersey and splash a bit of claret and amber here and there and away ye go. Lets steer away from the dullsville blacks and greys.

I've never bought a black football top in my life and never will. Training tops? Aye. Fitba tops? No.

This years alternate the jade/electric blue thingy with the claret and amber hoops was different and, although I wasnt impressed at first, it did grow on me and I finally decided i liked it enough to buy one.

I think that's the kind of line we should take, pick a colour you hardly ever see on a football jersey and splash a bit of claret and amber here and there and away ye go. Lets steer away from the dullsville blacks and greys.

Jade/Electric Blue thingy is relevant to our history, random non fitba strip colours have fuck all to do with us :rolleyes:

I like some black and white strips

Motherwell_1959_Ian_St_John_photo.jpg

A short lived top from the days when the same kit would usually be used for several seasons. The top that replaced it in season 1960-61 was kept in service until season 68-69. Something that you will never see in the the modern game, where kits are changed sometimes on a yearly basis.