Atmosphere At Fir Park

Dee

Alright folks,

As you will know there was a group of us who helped put together the cup final display and a few other displays at Fir Park and I believe that towards the end of the season the overall atmosphere at 'Well games was improving, with the United cup replay being one of the best nights at Fir Park in many years. Moving on in to the new season we would like to try our best to help improve the atmosphere and colour at Fir Park and would like to encourage as many others as possible to do so.

Recently I visited Alesund in Norway and took in 2 game whilst I was over there and what really sprung to my attention was how many fans got involved in the singing. Men, women and children of all ages standing together, waving flags and generally just having a fantastic time supporting their local team. This is pretty much a contrast to Scottish football where you usually find, for example in the last section of the East Stand, a group of young males usually ranging from about 14 - late 20s singing the songs. Now I know this is down to many cultural differences and other factors such as traditions etc. and it will never be quite the same in Scotland but I would love to urge as many people as possible to help improve these things at Fir Park.

Other teams in Scotland have introduced singing sections this season, with the obvious areas at the Old Firm; the Green Brigade at Celtic Park and The Blue Order and Union Bears joining up in the Broomloan at Ibrox this year. Added to this are Hibs who are trying to get a "12th man" singing section in the stand which used to be the shed and Aberdeen having a singing section. It is clear to those that go to Fir Park that the last section of the East Stand is the "unofficial" singing section so hopefully we can push on and have a good wee section that is consistent with singing throughout.

Tomorrow we have a display planned for the teams coming out and we would love for as many people as possible to participate. Anyone can get involved so if interested please make your way to the end section of the East prior to kick off.

Also, If anyone in the main has the opportunity it would be great if you could get some photos also.

Looking forward to a new season, Mon the 'Well :thumbup:

• Like 8

Aye, can only echo what dee's saying here. Really would be great if more of the support could try joining in with us, singing along etc. We know we're not to everyones taste all of the time, but we've seen enough to know that a better atmosphere leads to a better result.

STAND UP AND SING FOR MOTHERWELL!!!

good post dee,we defo need more flags banners ect,sometmes the atmosphere in fp is dreadfull even when were winning.looking forward to tommorow hopefully a decent crowd and the right result.i will go to majlorca a happy man.:drinks:

Been really looking forward to the start of this season because of the flags and displays etc. It would be great if we could replicate other "Ultras" in the country such as the Green Brigade and Union Bears. On the last day of the season at Septic Park, the corner in which the Green Brigade sit looked absolutely mental and the whole ground seemed to join in with them. Would be brilliant if we could have this at Fir Park.:thumbup:

Been really looking forward to the start of this season because of the flags and displays etc. It would be great if we could replicate other "Ultras" in the country such as the Green Brigade and Union Bears. On the last day of the season at Septic Park, the corner in which the Green Brigade sit looked absolutely mental and the whole ground seemed to join in with them. Would be brilliant if we could have this at Fir Park.:thumbup:

We won't cos there's too many old fuddy duddies, old before their time, boring old farts etc etc but keep on doing what you're doing lads. We need someone making a difference so shut your ears and open them there lungs for the Mighty Dossers, hopefully you get more support than previously.

I completely understand what you and the lads are trying to do Dee and it's always appreciated.

From someone who likes a song at the fitba tho there is a good few things tho that make it harder.

There has been a few new songs which I'm sure I'm not the only one that doesnt have a clue what your singing.

The ACAB chants not everyone feels the need to join in the 7 or 8 times it's sang, same as the Stand up for the Motherwell, when it's clearly being sang to antagonise the stewards etc.

Maybe more established Motherwell songs being sung would create a better atmosphere.

I could go on but it would sound like I'm having a go which I'm not. Hopefully constructive.

Tbh i think these 'ultra' sections really only work if you're allowed to stand.Also think 1 of the probs with that section is that nothing really takes off, better having a singing section in the middle of a stand or behind 1 of the goals where folk are closer and more likely to join in.

Hopefully you can get a few things going this season and get a decent atmosphere.Will take a few pics from the pod.

I actually think a simple thing like moving to the 2nd last section of the East Stand instead of being in the last would help.

I think the general 'singing section' is a bit too cut off from the rest of the fans; It's a decent sized block of fans in the last section, followed by a fairly sparse looking 2nd last section, picking up again at the next section.

Of a 3000 stand, each section must hold over 400 people, so imagine moving back into that 2nd last section and creating a solid block of around 400 singing fans and thus making it easier to spread down the stand and around Fir Park.

I think it would be a solid starting point.

Hope my points help smile3.gif

And good luck guys good.gif

09eee33c.jpg

272e3977.jpg

f23d7ca0.jpg

defb8d5c.jpg

911d9b28.jpg

I actually think a simple thing like moving to the 2nd last section of the East Stand instead of being in the last would help.

I think the general 'singing section' is a bit too cut off from the rest of the fans; It's a decent sized block of fans in the last section, followed by a fairly sparse looking 2nd last section, picking up again at the next section.

I agree. A more central area would help fans to both right & left get involved more.

Not sure how possible that is though.

I agree. A more central area would help fans to both right & left get involved more.

Well Celtic moved season ticket holders out of that area to accommodate the GB, so the club would just have to do that. I think perhaps more communication needs to be had. As well, anyone with a ST in the 2nd last section could be offered a move elsewhere with a wee bit off their ticket or stay in the official, club sanctioned singing section.

And with it being the 2nd section, there is the chance for it to grow to the whole bottom end of the East stand.

That would be good in theory, but I'm not sure if the club would be up for upsetting the few fans who actually pay their money for season tickets by simply moving them.

They would have to ask them, and I doubt many would be up for moving. I wouldn't move, for example, but I'd be happy enough to get involved.

I just don't fancy moving to the end of the east, or being the only berk in my area to stand up and start singing :blush:

As a guy who has flipped in to his 50s, I'd say that I still love having a chant at the game, but although there a good few around the middle of the East who go for it, it generally fizzles out.

When a good proprtion of the East get going, and I should point out that the Cooper more than pitched in last year, it can sound impresssive - as pointed out though, maybe it would make a difference if you guys up the end moved down a bit. I expect you originally went as far up as you could to get as close as you could to the away fans, as this can get the singing going when both sets of fans are close together - this is what we did in the 70s & 80s with both sets of fans yards apart, but those days have unfortunately gone, so until the powers that be bring back terracings, it's up to ourselves to get our fans up for it.

Time'll tell

MON RA DOSSERS

The 2nd last section do look as if they get involved but it's mostly the last section that starts it.

I think if the main singing group in the last section moved just that one block to their right, it would create a more solid block of singers.

I think that all the usual people who sit/stand in those last 2 sections could fit comfortably into that 2nd last section.

I'd be willing to hazard a guess that there'd be very few season ticket holders in that 2nd last section they could piss off by nicking their seat, but should that happen, then just politely move for the ST holder.

It used to be a couple of years ago that most of them stood in that section, then moved.

As for bringing more colour to Fir Park........I think alot of the people involved could actually start by wearing club colours like they used to a couple of years ago. I think everyone wearing making a point of wearing an amber Motherwell shirt at a Motherwell game looks far better than fancy Pretty Green jackets and white Fila zippers etc

That's not me having a pop guys, I know alot of you are good lads. I just think that these wee things could help massively wink.gif

• Like 1

We won't cos there's too many old fuddy duddies, old before their time, boring old farts etc etc but keep on doing what you're doing lads.

The percentages of old fuddy duddies etc. at Fir Park as probably the same as most places. The difference is in total numbers. 10% of the crowd participating at Fir Park is a lot less than 10% of the crowd participating at the Stadio Olimpico.