Atmosphere At Fir Park

Dee

Great atmosphere yesterday. I'm usually up that end just so I can stand up. The gap between the seats aren't the biggest for someone who's 6ft 4". :whistling:

It was brilliant watching the C&A flags flying and everyone jumping around. By the end of the first half, just about the whole section up that end was bouncing around mental.

Brilliant!

I was sitting in the second to last section and thought I'd be cringing, I was pleasantly surprised!

Keep it up!

If we can keep that kind of support up all season going to the football in the winter won't end up being a chore. The Keith chant was the mutts nuts, need to see if we can hear it on sportscene tonight.

Aye, another good show yesterday. Look's like things are slowly spreading up the east stand. If yous can infect a vertical row of seats a season with that mentality maybe we'll get songs in the cooper by season 2134/35.

But actually, a bit of perseverance and more folk will join in. Just a shame yous aren't bang smack in the middle of the east stand or suhin.

Aye, another good show yesterday. Look's like things are slowly spreading up the east stand. If yous can infect a vertical row of seats a season with that mentality maybe we'll get songs in the cooper by season 2134/35.

But actually, a bit of perseverance and more folk will join in. Just a shame yous aren't bang smack in the middle of the east stand or suhin.

Apart from the last 2 sections of the East Stand, The Cooper is actually the next best place for a wee singsong imo i-m_so_happy.gif

A lot of time and effort was put into the display especially when a good few of us had holidays etc and trips to norway in between so a big thanks goes to everyone who joined in with the confetti and balloons etc. It looked amazing standing underneath it and also the flags which i know a few of the younger lads have made themselves only add to the colour about FP.

A few good songs and chants yesterday which will hopefully catch on,but after 5 years of hard work i feel that we are eventually making a difference to the overall atmosphere at FP. We currently have a great relationship with the club,which certainly helps but i also think a lot of regular fans are now making a difference too and supporting the team in a more positive manner than what has previoulsy been the case.

All in all a great start to the season both on and off the park...lets hope it continues.

PS for the record,we're miles ahead of the rangers group ^_^ .

A lot of time and effort was put into the display especially when a good few of us had holidays etc and trips to norway in between so a big thanks goes to everyone who joined in with the confetti and balloons etc. It looked amazing standing underneath it and also the flags which i know a few of the younger lads have made themselves only add to the colour about FP.

A few good songs and chants yesterday which will hopefully catch on,but after 5 years of hard work i feel that we are eventually making a difference to the overall atmosphere at FP. We currently have a great relationship with the club,which certainly helps but i also think a lot of regular fans are now making a difference too and supporting the team in a more positive manner than what has previoulsy been the case.

All in all a great start to the season both on and off the park...lets hope it continues.

PS for the record,we're miles ahead of the rangers group ^_^ .

the guys are doing good :cheers:

Seen another poster linked this video in the ICT game thread so thought I would add it in here:

Thought the atmosphere was really good yesterday, there was a period of about 20 minutes in the 2nd half where it seemed to dry up but other than that it was consistent and loud. Some newish songs aired and like Neil said on here, not sure if it was in this thread of the match thread, they are all simple, catchy and seemed to go down a treat!

Lets remember though its easy enough to do well when were winning, lets hope we can continue this throughout the season, even on the rare occasions when were not top of the league :whistling:

As Rico mentioned, quite a few folk had brought their own wavey flags and that really helped to improve the colour in the section, keep up the good work guys :thumbup:

I agree.

I think there would be more people willing to join in if the singing was to start from closer to the middle of the stand.

Still, it was a great showing! Well done lads! :thumbup:

But if they stood in the middle folk widnae be long in complaining they couldnae see so the end section is the right place.

Aye, I never actually thought of that. I just thought the middle would be best to get others to their left & right involved.

Aye, I never actually thought of that. I just thought the middle would be best to get others to their left & right involved.

Ideally aye, but then you'd need to educate the rest of the stand to get off their erses and join in. Just take the fuckin seats oot. :thumbup:

• Like 4

Think it would be agreat idea to swap ends of the East Stand as it would be right next to the Cooper and they can join in with the chants.

As mentioned before we do like a sing song and the songs/chants are more likely to catch on and potentially a lot more voices heard :)

• Like 1

Think it would be agreat idea to swap ends of the East Stand as it would be right next to the Cooper and they can join in with the chants.

As mentioned before we do like a sing song and the songs/chants are more likely to catch on and potentially a lot more voices heard :)

Also want chants to be heard by the away support (when there is enough of them to justify opening the stand). Any more drums, trumpets, whatever also great for adding a more continental feel. B-)

As Neil mentioned in his post, alot of ideas and a couple of the chants were picked up from our recent trip to Aalesund. It certainly gave us alot more hope moving forward, their section where the "Stormen" sit is roughly the same size as the last section of the east stand and the noise generated was unbelievable, it proved to us that it can work on a small scale. I was particularly impressed with one song they have where the stormen sing one line and then the main stand opposite sing it back. Cant quite see the main stand here bouncing around and joining in any time soon though :lol:

Edit: Another excellent idea from Norway that could be something to replicate here was from the Valerenga v Molde game, the Valerenga fans have a small section set aside for a "mini ultras" group, looked like kids from about ages 6 to 14, all sitting together with a group of adults at the perimeter to supervise and start songs. It gets them interested in going to games through singing and adding a bit of colour at an age when concentrating on the football for a full 90 minutes isnt exactly the most exciting of prospects. They then move into the section with the older guys and girls. With the free season tickets that are on offer through the local schools, it might be an idea to try and open some dialogue with the club about starting something similar here, possibly in the cooper stand.