Atmosphere At Fir Park

Dee

I sit at the 2nd section in from the end of the East Stand and the boys gave it big licks!

Thing is i try to get involved with singing but the guys who sit near me dont bother, their there with their kids and want to eat pies with their replica 91 tops they dont bother singing so im usully left myself surrounded by people who dont want to sing.

Ive noticed recently these arseholes who stand behind us (at the railings in front of the toilet) who have the worst patter ive ever heard, singing things about gillette for no reason. So there is singing in my neck of the woods but it's not the best

Ive noticed recently these arseholes who stand behind us (at the railings in front of the toilet) who have the worst patter ive ever heard, singing things about gillette for no reason. So there is singing in my neck of the woods but it's not the best

Cheers!

I look forward to the next home game when you come up and tell us that we're arseholes :cheers:

Oh, and of course the Gilette shout was nothing to do with Inverness player Kenny Gillet :doh:

• Like 3

Cheers!

I look forward to the next home game when you come up and tell us that we're arseholes :cheers:

Oh, and of course the Gilette shout was nothing to do with Inverness player Kenny Gillet :doh:

:laugh:

@ Kris*Kaizer 2*Nunn

Do you never think that when you have your photo as your avatar and you abuse people directly that it might just go against you?

Looks like your gonna have a very enjoyable season in front of they "arseholes"

:whistling:

• Like 4

a small section set aside for a "mini ultras" group, looked like kids from about ages 6 to 14, all sitting together with a group of adults at the perimeter to supervise and start songs.

Tbh that would make me not want to go to games. At Craigans testimonial, we had a small group of preteens with really high pitched voices trying to start chants every two minutes. I nearly got up to move at half time as a result of a sore head brought on By them. I never though the second half wasn't as bad. although it would be a good way to fill out the east stand at both ends and increase atmosphere.

Cheers!

I dunno if I can go back there now, I might cry, someone on the internet thinks i'm an arsehole. NOOOOOOOO.

Tbh that would make me not want to go to games. At Craigans testimonial, we had a small group of preteens with really high pitched voices trying to start chants every two minutes. I nearly got up to move at half time as a result of a sore head brought on By them. I never though the second half wasn't as bad. although it would be a good way to fill out the east stand at both ends and increase atmosphere.

Is that a piss take?

I laughed. :ph34r:

Anyway, it's time we had a standing section, proper barriers and capacity held to a sensible amount.

Aye so's folk can call other folk arseholes in person and the other folk can hit them wi' a big right hook over the crush barrier tae get them back :thumbup:

Anyway, it's time we had a standing section, proper barriers and capacity held to a sensible amount.

I'll pay £300 to vote for you with that proposal

Front of the POD, perfect

Pens at the rear of the East stand sections 50ish people in each pen, proper barriers to stop it spilling out into seating or stairwells

VOTE Yabba's Turd

• Like 1

Maybe one of the guys who sits up the far end of the east can answer this, but how many of you are there?

The reason I ask is, if there were enough numbers, couldn't you split into two and hit both sides of the east stand, thus hopefully encouraging some singing from the Cooper and the middle of the east?

don't think thats all that feasible, plenty of people sit up the cooper end of the East for a reason and it probably isn't the best idea to stick 20-30 lads with flags and banners standing in the middle of them

thats a major problem with seated stadia, its not that simple to grow a good thing, best just sticking with the sections at the bottom end until it outgrows in naturally

I think the numbers in the end section at the moment are just enough to create a decent atmosphere especially with their drums. Splitting them up will not work as a) they will want to be together and b) why should all the responsibility for creating an atmosphere be with the guys who are actually making the effort.

Like it or not the people in the rest of the east, the copper and POD need to take some responsibility onto themselfs if they really want a great atmosphere at FP. People shouldn't need to be treated like sheep, the well boys have done their part, now for others to do theirs.

At the end of the day I would say the oversall experience of a day at the football is enhanced if everybody joins in a sing song.

• Like 1

I think the numbers in the end section at the moment are just enough to create a decent atmosphere especially with their drums. Splitting them up will not work as a) they will want to be together and b) why should all the responsibility for creating an atmosphere be with the guys who are actually making the effort.

Like it or not the people in the rest of the east, the copper and POD need to take some responsibility onto themselfs if they really want a great atmosphere at FP. People shouldn't need to be treated like sheep, the well boys have done their part, now for others to do theirs.

At the end of the day I would say the oversall experience of a day at the football is enhanced if everybody joins in a sing song.

Not for a lot of people it isn't, in fact i'd say the vast majority can be arsed with that.I like games with a good atmosphere and when i went to the east i'd join in but i'm not gonnae stand up and start singing myself in the middle of the pod and i'm sure that's how most away from the 'singing' section feel.

• Like 1

Not for a lot of people it isn't, in fact i'd say the vast majority can be arsed with that.I like games with a good atmosphere and when i went to the east i'd join in but i'm not gonnae stand up and start singing myself in the middle of the pod and i'm sure that's how most away from the 'singing' section feel.

So you like a good atmosphere but you dont really want to contribute to it. I wasn't suggesting people standing up singing on their tod but if a small group of people in other areas of the stadium can start chants i'm sure others would follow. I sit in the section just beside the so called 'singing section' and join in with a lot of their chants so if you're up for creating an atmosphere and dont want to be on your own in whatever section, why not sit nearer the well boys and help increase the overall volume inside Fir Park.

What people seem to be forgetting is that standing is not allowed under current legislation as a result of the Taylor report recomendations after Hillsborough. It is a condition of membership of the SPL that you have an all seater stadium, currently 6,000 minimum, but not sure on that.

So irrespective of whether the majority of fans at a club want it it wont happen unless the SPL change their rules, and we all know how difficult that is or we get relegated which is again unlikely. :whistling:

The SPL wont change their rules as they are bound by current government legislation re all seated stadiums. So unless there is a major political U-turn and the SFA, SPL etc agree it wont happen.

Standing section, here we go again :doh:

1. It's not allowed.

2. It won't increase the attendance. The biggest factor for people not going to games is ticket prices, not a lack of standing areas. And will clubs make standing tickets a lower price? No chance.

Time for some folk to get real.

• Like 1