Atmosphere At Fir Park

Dee

We can't afford the change. Even if we could, unless both of the "real teams in Scotland" approved, we'd get nowhere. We know who holds the power, and when they can pretend to have 45000 at every home game, why would they bother?

It would cost MFC next to nothing to return the East stand to a standing section.

It would cost MFC next to nothing to return the East stand to a standing section.

Really? I'de be interested to know how many contractors are going to come in, rip out and despose of 4000 seats, do any maintenance that would no doubt be required to the paving to bring it up to standard, install crush barriers and jump through H&S loops, all for next to nothing.

The state the clubs finances are in right now, a £20k spend, is not a drop in the ocean!

While we are on the subject, I like standing at the football, but if its not co-ordinated properly its a pain in the arse and usually people who lose out are those that can't stand or small kids. Case in point, cup final. I was sat in the normal section, not the singing section. About 5 rows in front of me, 2 blokes decided they were going to stand and watch the game. This has the knock on effect of people behind them standing, and as the effect fans back up the stand, the wedge grows. The only way I could see the cup final was to stand, however there is a family with two small children sat right behind me. What do you do??????????

Don't go in the standing section (hypothetically if a ground has one in the future) I'm talking about things being done properly, not just knee jerk shite, get the legislation changed to allow for these areas then the trust or whoever has the ear of the steering group committee petitions the club for it. Is that just too fucking sensible?

Grand idea. Let's give the stewards cattle prods and if any paying customer is selfish enough to sit on the seat for which they purchased a ticket, then 20,000 volts will set them straight.

did i say people couldn't sit down? just don't moan that others want to stand. i stood at stranraer, tannadice, the replay and the semi no problem at all then at the final the section i was in right behind the goals was mainly sitting, load of pish.

how come celtic fans (or scotland fans) are able to stand and support their team for 90 minutes in a big game but it too much hassle for well fans?

everyone in the celtic end managed to stand for 90 minutes (as well as completely out singing us)

anyone who wasn't willing to stand should have been in the family section.

I agree with this Steelboy - I think there needs to be clearly defined sections with the majority of space being for people who are up for standing. And if someone wants to sit there should be a decent section set aside.

Anyone who argues the opposite needs to look at the away sections when the OF come to town - sometimes their fans standing / singing to a man is like a goal start.

I often wonder what they must think at kick of when they all stand and roar while we all sit on our arse

did i say people couldn't sit down? just don't moan that others want to stand. i stood at stranraer, tannadice, the replay and the semi no problem at all then at the final the section i was right behind the goals was mainly sitting, load of pish.

how come celtic fans (or scotland fans) are able to stand and support their team for 90 minutes in a big game but it too much hassle for well fans?

Agreed. We were lucky enough to be right in front of the 'Well Boys which meant our section was mostly standing for the entire game, but I couldn't believe how many 'Well fans were happy to sit on their arses in relative silence in the "Singing Section" during a Scottish Cup final.

If there ever was a chance to change it then fans opinions who sit in that stand would need to be considered and unless almost everyone agreed then it wouldn't happen and it would cost the club more than just ripping out seats etc, how much did they pay to upgrade to an all seater?! Also it would be better having the cooper for standing, the idea of the east with has only 1 entrance/exit being packed with people standing would have the police/stewards shitting it so that won't happen unless the stand was changed quite a bit.

Because the final was full of folk out for the day. (Have we not covered this pish already? :doh:)

Our core support was there for the semi. Everyone one extra at the final was just out for the day. I even seen my aunt at the game ffs.

I had an auld guy telling me to sit down, "cos ye kin stawn when they score..." I moved and stood at the back of the stand.

did i say people couldn't sit down?

No, you just said that "anyone who wasn't willing to stand should have been in the family section". So you graciously would permit people to sit down in the sections you designate otherwise they would have to be willing to stand.

SAFE STANDING! AGAIN! wallbash.gif

Fuck sake, we do not need to spunk money on a safe standing section! Shalke need one 'cos when they're in Europe they don't miss out on revenue in UEFA sanctioned games, their standing section holds 16,000 and can be converted to 8,000 seats. It works for big German teams who can pack them in for the Bundesliga and can pack them in for the Champions League and some international games too. We do no need safe standing.

How do you know the 'auld guy' wasn't a regular?

True. He may well have been. My main gripe with the post was that 8,000 at the semi and the atmosphere was great. Double that and it was like sitting at church (or any other place of religious worship :whistling:).

True. He may well have been. My main gripe with the post was that 8,000 at the semi and the atmosphere was great. Double that and it was like sitting at church (or any other place of religious worship :whistling:).

See, I agree with you mate. Im just pointing out what I saw first hand. A couple of guys 5 rows in front of me were standing, and it had a direct result on a family with two young children right behind me. Should they be in a family section? Should the two guys standing have been at the singing section?

Arguaments for either, the only point Im making is that without it being set up appropriatley its going to fuck people up.

PS- I would say the atmosphere comparisons may have something to do with cracking off 3 quick fire goals against St J, v getting humped off Celtic.

Really? I'de be interested to know how many contractors are going to come in, rip out and despose of 4000 seats, do any maintenance that would no doubt be required to the paving to bring it up to standard, install crush barriers and jump through H&S loops, all for next to nothing.

The state the clubs finances are in right now, a £20k spend, is not a drop in the ocean!

The AaFK lads made there own standing section with the permission of their club. Unbolted the seats basically, sure us in the end section could rustle up afew volunteers to do the same. I know how to use a spanner, I'm sure afew more do aswell.

This is the United Kingdom though mate. There's no way you would be allowed to even hold a spanner without attending at least 2 courses and 3 different briefings, taking out your own insurance, and signing a liability waiver!