Atmosphere At Fir Park

Dee

And then safely disposing of the 4000 seats.

you've got a bee in your bonnet about getting rid of the seats after they've been unbolted. Sell them, sure when love street was demolished they sold everything from the seats to the toilets. If not bung it all in landfill, or the spare seats could be stored somewhere within the ground and used to replace any damaged stock over future seasons.

SAFE STANDING! AGAIN! wallbash.gif

Fuck sake, we do not need to spunk money on a safe standing section! Shalke need one 'cos when they're in Europe they don't miss out on revenue in UEFA sanctioned games, their standing section holds 16,000 and can be converted to 8,000 seats. It works for big German teams who can pack them in for the Bundesliga and can pack them in for the Champions League and some international games too. We do no need safe standing.

You're right - we don't need safe standing. All we need is some proper terracing for a few thousand fans. If we can't use it during the odd UEFA sanctioned game, then fair enough. We'll just need to use the remainder of the ground for that. I'm sure we can squeeze the regular 4-5000 in.

True. He may well have been. My main gripe with the post was that 8,000 at the semi and the atmosphere was great. Double that and it was like sitting at church (or any other place of religious worship :whistling:).

I've got to be honest and say that, on reflection, I think I'd have preferred it if we'd been given a smaller allocation (assuming the club were able to make sure the "core support" got tickets). I'd far rather be apart of a 6,000-strong Motherwell support making lots of noise and getting behind the side, than a 16,000-strong Motherwell support largely uninterested in making a sound.

You're right - we don't need safe standing. All we need is some proper terracing for a few thousand fans. If we can't use it during the odd UEFA sanctioned game, then fair enough. We'll just need to use the remainder of the ground for that. I'm sure we can squeeze the regular 4-5000 in.

not even a huge section of standing, say 2 sections, one either end of the east? that means there's nobody getting in the way of peoples view. And there would be an option of a standing area away from the traditional areas where it's maybe too boisterous for some people.

Don't see what all this arguing is about. If you want to stand at Motherwell games go and stand at the end of the east stand. The club are by in large turning a blind eye to it nowadays. As far as the cup final goes; that's done with now, we got pumped. Some stood, most sat down. None of that is relevant anymore. If ye want to stand then there is a place to stand. Simples

Agreed. We were lucky enough to be right in front of the 'Well Boys which meant our section was mostly standing for the entire game, but I couldn't believe how many 'Well fans were happy to sit on their arses in relative silence in the "Singing Section" during a Scottish Cup final.

Just out of curiosity, I wonder how many fans knew that they had bought tickets for "the singing section".

I knew a few folk who went into the ticket office, asked for tickets and bought them before turning up at Hampden to see that there were people standing in front of them.

If I wasn't a regular on this forum I doubt I'd have known anything about singing sections or whatever. Was it advertised?

If you had a standing section then it would probably be full to bursting mostly with people keen on making an atmosphere. This would result in making the seating sections even more of a ghost town which for me would make the atmosphere at the ground even worse than it is now.

If I wasn't a regular on this forum I doubt I'd have known anything about singing sections or whatever. Was it advertised?

It was on the official site, I don't know if it was advertised elsewhere. It was an official thing by the club though, nothing to do with this forum,

Singing Section = opportunity for the club to charge a couple of quid more.

The lack of atmosphere isn't suddenly gonna get 100 times better if the club take away the seating. The installation of seating vastly reduced atmosphere but taking it away isn't gonna be the only solution. Safe standing also isn't the way forward, the whole attraction of standing was that you could move about freely and safe standing areas are hindered just the same as seats are. Fir Park can produce great atmosphere but whether sitting down or standing, its down to the individuals concerned.

The problem is football fans are to pampered today. They want top class facilities whilst keeping the nostalgia of how it used to be. Look at this thread for example, some folk are wanting the young guys who are trying to create some atmosphere to sit near them so they can join in. Why don't you join in regardless of how where yer sitting or how shite yer singing is cause I guarantee that theres someone else sitting near to ye who fancies joining in to but like you they don't fancy making an eejit of themself. Sing out, sing loud and sing often.

• Like 3

The problem is football fans are to pampered today. They want top class facilities whilst keeping the nostalgia of how it used to be. Look at this thread for example, some folk are wanting the young guys who are trying to create some atmosphere to sit near them so they can join in. Why don't you join in regardless of how where yer sitting or how shite yer singing is cause I guarantee that theres someone else sitting near to ye who fancies joining in to but like you they don't fancy making an eejit of themself. Sing out, sing loud and sing often.

Here here! :drinks:

I sit at the 2nd section in from the end of the East Stand and the boys gave it big licks!

Thing is i try to get involved with singing but the guys who sit near me dont bother, their there with their kids and want to eat pies with their replica 91 tops they dont bother singing so im usully left myself surrounded by people who dont want to sing.

Ive noticed recently these arseholes who stand behind us (at the railings in front of the toilet) who have the worst patter ive ever heard, singing things about gillette for no reason. So there is singing in my neck of the woods but it's not the best

How was the patter for you today? I like being an arsehole and I'm very good at it. Also, your hair is very gay.

• Like 2

Thought the lads at the end of the east were superb again today. Picked the crowd up when the game was at a standstill. Right after the goal was superb!

+1. Had my son at his first ever game at FP today, and he was loving the drumming from the end of the East...keep it up guys, us boring auld farts do appreciate you, honest..drinks.gif

I thought the boys at the end of the East Stand really came into their own in the latter part of the second half today.

How many times have we gone into the last 5-10 minutes of a game holding a narrow lead or hanging on to a draw where the crowd are getting edgier and edgier and the pressure just builds and builds.

That was great today. Any tension there was, was overwhelmed by the positive, loud encouragement that was being generated down the bottom of the East.

Fine work again lads!!

• Like 1