Atmosphere At Fir Park

Dee

Just because I disagree with you doesn't make me a dick :doh:

And just because someone disagrees with you doesn''t make them 12.

By the way standing isn't illegal in football grounds. If it was loads of clubs in Britain would be breaking the law. The Taylor was a set of recommendations that weren't made into law.

I think the actual standing bit is SPL rules rather than law.

• Like 3

The guys are doing a great job of trying to create a decent atmosphere. Long may it continue!

IMO folk seem to have fallen out of the habit of singing and it's something we will have to work hard at to reintroduce.

What we really need is more fans in both the home and away stands. The lower the numbers that harder an atmosphere is to create.

I've always been in favour of reintroducing alcohol at footy games. There's no denying a few pints would loosen up the vocal cords!

Standing or seated the main aim is to improve atmosphere at Fir Park something which i think we are actively achieving. The flags and drums which have been introduced are clearly helping to improve it and the players seem to appreciate it. So stop the f***ing arguments and enjoy being top of the league drinks.gif.

Neither of the examples you quote were anything to do with standing (safe or otherwise). Hillsborough was caused by (potentially criminal) negligent police crowd control and the Cup Final was due in large part to drunkeness.

So at least bolster your case with some relevant supporting evidence. You don't need to worry about losing your wee plastic seat just because some standing areas are introduced. You'll still have the choice to sit through a game with your knees on your chin and your neighbour's elbow in your ribs.

don't forget the drunk scousers :nod:

Standing or seated the main aim is to improve atmosphere at Fir Park something which i think we are actively achieving. The flags and drums which have been introduced are clearly helping to improve it and the players seem to appreciate it. So stop the f***ing arguments and enjoy being top of the league drinks.gif.

Are you kidding, it's the Steelmen Online way, if everythings going well you just need to look harder for something tae moan about. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Despite the end section of the East being the busiest it's been so far this season it didn't seem to gather as good an atmosphere as previous games. That said, this was the first time this season we had been behind so that would have had a knock on effect.

Here are some photos of the display as the teams came to the field:

35ixg0w.jpg

2hwe4d4.jpg

I thought the atmosphere was certainly an improvement on previous 'Well v Old Firm games.

The Rangers goals did dampen it, but in terms of what it could have been if we had taken the lead, I reckon it would have been brilliant because we were there in healthy numbers and everyone seemed up for it.

Keep it up everyone. I will certainly be there in the Cooper every 2nd week screaming my lungs out cheers.gif

section was bouncing again, even after 3-0. Think the atmosphere never really spread due to the section next to us being empty, usually afew folk in there joining in from time to time, seems to make a difference to get the singing going along the stand.

The 2nd last section looked to have a fair few in it to me, looked the same as Inverness and Hearts I thought. smile.gif

I reckon it was just our ineptitude yesterday on the park that stopped it from spreading sad.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Best i can remember fir park in a long time. Amazing tonight and definitely helps make the defeat a little easier. Thought tonight was a great game as well which helped the atmosphere but the section was bouncing tonight...literally.

More of the same on saturday hopefully thumbup.gif.