Atmosphere At Fir Park

Dee

Standing section, here we go again :doh:

1. It's not allowed.

2. It won't increase the attendance. The biggest factor for people not going to games is ticket prices, not a lack of standing areas. And will clubs make standing tickets a lower price? No chance.

Time for some folk to get real.

It might create a better atmosphere though?

• Like 1

1. It's not allowed.

2. It won't increase the attendance. The biggest factor for people not going to games is ticket prices, not a lack of standing areas. And will clubs make standing tickets a lower price? No chance.

It's currently not allowed (in the SPL), but there is an increasing demand. If we all shut up, nothing will change. If we keep asking, then the post-Hillsborough knee-jerk reaction might be reversed.

I have never heard anyone claim it would increase attendance, but it might improve the atmosphere a little. What would improve the attendance is 3pm kick-offs for every game on s Saturday.

• Like 1

To be fair, I think the answer is all of the the above. Aye, we all want a wee bit of the ground so if folk want to stand up and watch the football, they can. Add to that, tickets that are a wee bit less expensive with most games at 3pm on a Saturday and I think we would see crowds creep up slowly. We aren't going to have the seats in one game with 4,000 folk, rip the seats out and that will jump up to 7 or 8,000. Bigger crowds will allow for a better atmosphere and we'll all be happy! :whistling:

The main problem with ripping seats out is that most teams will lose a fair bit of £ that they paid to upgrade to an all seater.Agree though that it would create a better atmosphere and the standing area would be cheaper which i'm sure would get plenty of people in it.Can't see it happening any time soon.

Maybe one of the guys who sits up the far end of the east can answer this, but how many of you are there?

The reason I ask is, if there were enough numbers, couldn't you split into two and hit both sides of the east stand, thus hopefully encouraging some singing from the Cooper and the middle of the east?

In terms of numbers there's not enough to do that one big groups better than 2 smaller ones any way.

• Like 1

So you like a good atmosphere but you dont really want to contribute to it. I wasn't suggesting people standing up singing on their tod but if a small group of people in other areas of the stadium can start chants i'm sure others would follow. I sit in the section just beside the so called 'singing section' and join in with a lot of their chants so if you're up for creating an atmosphere and dont want to be on your own in whatever section, why not sit nearer the well boys and help increase the overall volume inside Fir Park.

Everybody likes games having a good atmosphere but the problems is that away from the singing section there's no real concentrated section of guys to get it going and if anybody does try to join in they just look like a tit.For me i go to the pod 'cause i prefer the view and i live at that side so it's more convenient.

• Like 1

What people seem to be forgetting is that standing is not allowed under current legislation as a result of the Taylor report recomendations after Hillsborough. It is a condition of membership of the SPL that you have an all seater stadium, currently 6,000 minimum, but not sure on that.

So irrespective of whether the majority of fans at a club want it it wont happen unless the SPL change their rules, and we all know how difficult that is or we get relegated which is again unlikely. :whistling:

The SPL wont change their rules as they are bound by current government legislation re all seated stadiums. So unless there is a major political U-turn and the SFA, SPL etc agree it wont happen.

Och wheesht. We'll stand if we want. :evilgrin:

1. It's not allowed.

here we go again? I never mentioned attendances going up, you did.

Standing might not be allowed but whenever Scotland play almost 70% of the stadium stands and watches the game.

Government legislation can't be changed? damn

What's so hard about standing anyway. Been doing it most of my life no problems and have only fell over once or twice...

Health & Safety dont'cha know, that once or twice could leave the club open to all sorts of compensation claims from folk that encounter those 'once or twice' moments. :thumbup:

What's so hard about standing anyway. Been doing it most of my life no problems and have only fell over once or twice...

It's a complicated mental process, all to do with your subconscious. If you go to a gig or a festival, you are in a particular psychological state that subconsciously improves your ability to deal with gravity and the difficult task of standing up. However, your subconscious reacts differently when the people in front of you are kicking a ball rather than singing a song, and therefore standing up becomes border line impossible and gravity itself appears unbalanced. This can be perfectly demonstrated by watching MTV whilst standing perfectly normally in front of the TV, and then suddenly collapsing in a heap upon switching over to Sky Sports.

It's a strange phenomenon that causes real danger across the world, and we should be happy that those in charge of our game recognise that the human brain is yet to evolve to a level of being able to stand at the football without hitting the deck on a semi-regular basis.

• Like 6

It's a complicated mental process, all to do with your subconscious. If you go to a gig or a festival, you are in a particular psychological state that subconsciously improves your ability to deal with gravity and the difficult task of standing up. However, your subconscious reacts differently when the people in front of you are kicking a ball rather than singing a song, and therefore standing up becomes border line impossible and gravity itself appears unbalanced. This can be perfectly demonstrated by watching MTV whilst standing perfectly normally in front of the TV, and then suddenly collapsing in a heap upon switching over to Sky Sports.

It's a strange phenomenon that causes real danger across the world, and we should be happy that those in charge of our game recognise that the human brain is yet to evolve to a level of being able to stand at the football without hitting the deck on a semi-regular basis.

And there wis me thinking ah hud a drink problem :doh:

Cheers for that Jay :drinks::thumbup:

Was watching the World Cup qualifier between Maldive and Iran just there (HT the now) and in the noisey section of the Maldives support they had a group with a load of drums and one boy with a trumpet and they were giving 5 loud timely blasts of the drums in unison before a single scream of the trumpet. It sounded amazing. With the right tools this could be done no bother at Fir Park, just a matter of the price of said tools.

If we could get four drummers then we could have perform something similar to Halestorm's drum solo, I think it's actually called drummer fun Or something. The band use it to warm up the crowd for their act usually two Or three songs in. I went to the taste of chaos tour last year at the SECC and they performed it then. It was brilliant :thumbup:

If we could get four drummers then we could have perform something similar to Halestorm's drum solo, I think it's actually called drummer fun Or something. The band use it to warm up the crowd for their act usually two Or three songs in. I went to the taste of chaos tour last year at the SECC and they performed it then. It was brilliant :thumbup:

I think using drums to warm the crowd up is a good idea. Having more than one in the crowd during the match just annoying. i think we need to tip toe with the drum thing. Some of our older supporters hate the thought of drums at fir park, my dad for one. Just because we like it doesn't mean everyone likes it. Easier trying to create a better atmosphere with a few drums,than getting another couple of thousand to come to fir park.

I think using drums to warm the crowd up is a good idea. Having more than one in the crowd during the match just annoying. i think we need to tip toe with the drum thing. Some of our older supporters hate the thought of drums at fir park, my dad for one. Just because we like it doesn't mean everyone likes it. Easier trying to create a better atmosphere with a few drums,than getting another couple of thousand to come to fir park.

yeah it wouldn't be the best of ideas considering there are others in the stadium not just those in the end section. but in terms of atmosphere i think it would work, although not during the game itself. as you said, that'd just get annoying to both fan's and players.

There is a good local band from Craigneuk thats good at that stuff, now that there busy time is over they have midweek's free, it's only a short walk down to Fir park. :whistling:

Could we not meet up say around 1pm and walk behind them as they do their stuff, kinda like we do at Europe away games.:whistling:

Could we not meet up say around 1pm and walk behind them as they do their stuff, kinda like we do at Europe away games.:whistling:

You would probably be guaranteed a good turn out for any Fan parades like that, music, flag waving and lots of old fashioned singing and jovial banter just what the Scottish game needs :ph34r: