Atmosphere At Fir Park

Dee

No.

You aren't allowed to stand when watching a game at an SPL ground. What part of that is hard to understand? :dash2:

is it too hard for you to understand the concept of change, and peoples desire for it? dash2.gif

Motherwell are trying as much as they can to turn a blind eye to the heinous crime of standing at a football match, afew other teams have also done the same. Even the clubs want change.

is it too hard for you to understand the concept of change, and peoples desire for it? dash2.gif

Motherwell are trying as much as they can to turn a blind eye to the heinous crime of standing at a football match, afew other teams have also done the same. Even the clubs want change.

So... "All of it" is your answer to my question then.

I thought the fans in the East were excellent yesterday. A much better atmosphere than last season. Keep it up lads. Also we almost got the whole ground Cheering "well, well super well" it did last for all of 10 seconds!!!!

Came across well on the radio, and the TV highlights seemed to show the Shed busier than usual, (and the Cooper for that matter).

Top of the league after 3 games, no goals conceded, and the Shed beginning to vibrate again...... FANTASTIC.

Tynie gets many plaudits for its atmosphere. Get the Shed booming and Fir Park will receive similar comment, and the players will appreciate it and perform accordingly imho.

It's a win-win.

Well don Dee and the guys ......... keep it going.

Thanks, its good to get some good feedback and the only way is up. I suppose the next aim is to try and get the end section completely full of like minded individuals for home games and see where it goes from there. Ive been friends with everyone involved for as long as ive been going to games but its only after the recent trip to Aalesund ive truly believed it can work on a smaller scale like we have at fir park and got more involved in the organising. The only thing i'd say is that it would be fantastic if everyone on here who is dishing out the praise would come down and join us for a game or two, see if they like it. I notice Jay saying his lot are going to move over which is great news, if a few more follow suit then the atmosphere will only get better.

800px-Cappielow.JPG

I fear the worst for those daredevil at the back there who are standing up with seemingly no thought to their own safety. The one in white is even LEANING FORWARD SLIGHTLY oblivious to the fact that gravity could kick in at any moment. God only knows what would happen if he had fallen over. He might have had the pish ripped right out him by his mates. In fact, I bet this foolhardy mob were probably involved earlier in that dangerous pastime of walking and could even have crossed a road - all the while the Nanny State blithely stands buy and allows this sort of behavior to go unpunished and, indeed, unsupervised. Shocking.

• Like 2

in their Shed, you can see a white wall half way up that runs right along??? anyway, point being anything in front of this is a seated area, and anything behind it is terracing - is that a solution?!?!

I'd say we have a solution for now, the club seem to have relaxed their demands to sit so the lads can keep on making a better atmospher than previously. If you're being allowed to do that then keep schtum and don't keep bringing it up for others to try to rain on the parade. I enjoyed the last couple of games and I hope it continues but by continually getting into arguments about it you draw unwanted attention to the fact you're being allowed to stand for now. Let the auld codgers mump and moan about the rules all they want. Just you get on with things as has been happening lately and keep improving.

I dont think we are actually being freely allowed to stand, the Stewards were back to asking us to sit down again but seemed to give up after 3 or 4 attempts.

Just saying it as it looked from my seat, if that's the case then I would hope it's just a half ersed attempt from some jobsworth who doesn't know the score. The improvement in atmosphere is surely noticeable over in the directors box, any dialogue being passed back and forth?

My answer is learn English.

Just because a couple of 12 year olds want the rules changed doesn't mean it's a good idea.

I'm actually 23 and want the laws readjusted. The main body of lads that are trying to change the atmosphere at Fir Park and are militant about the standing issue are around this age.

I don't think the guys behind the FSF are a bunch of 12 year olds. The FSF being the main body down south looking to force through change.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/

I'd like to know why you think its a bad idea, without resorting to calling people 12 year olds or questioning their comprehension skills.

Other than "it's against the law".

It's a very good idea to allow responsible adults the choice as to how they watch their favourite sport. Given that teams of a comparable size in England offer this same choice, and teams elsewhere in Europe allow this freedom of choice.

I'm actually 23 and want the laws readjusted. The main body of lads that are trying to change the atmosphere at Fir Park and are militant about the standing issue are around this age.

I don't think the guys behind the FSF are a bunch of 12 year olds. The FSF being the main body down south looking to force through change.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/

I'd like to know why you think its a bad idea, without resorting to calling people 12 year olds or questioning their comprehension skills.

Other than "it's against the law".

It's a very good idea to allow responsible adults the choice as to how they watch their favourite sport. Given that teams of a comparable size in England offer this same choice, and teams elsewhere in Europe allow this freedom of choice.

Is it though, I was always under the impression that in Scotland the SPL voluntarily intruded all seated stadia and it has never been enshrined in Scots Law. Also I can't find any regulation that you must sit at the game only that numbered seats have to be provided.

I notice Jay saying his lot are going to move over which is great news, if a few more follow suit then the atmosphere will only get better.

Aye mate - me, Busta, Joe & Davie made the short move along a section and joined Marty, Craig & Sparra a few rows behind yourself yesterday. Can't imagine there'll be any great rush to move back to our old seats.

Football supporters, in general, cannot be trusted to behave. That's why we don't have alcohol in Scottish grounds, why you can't drink in sight of the pitch and why we don't have standing in major stadia. Past examples have proven this and this is why "responsible" adults are not offered the choice.

And there's no point complaining that it's just an English football/Old Firm problem. It's one rule for everyone I'm afraid. So instead of being "militant" ( :lol: ) about safe standing, why not be "militant" ( :lol: ) about creating an even better atmosphere within Fir Park?

It's a moot point anyway, what SPL team, outside the Old Firm, has the money to invest in a safe standing area? None of them.

Mate check your facts about hillsbrough before you start using that issue to point score. It wasn't standing that caused it. The fans were caged in and the police done nothing to help the situation. The Taylor report was a knee jerk reaction to that event to shut a few people up. As for drinking at the football, only Scotland doesn't allow it. I'm not 12 year old either. GIRFUY

Football supporters, in general, cannot be trusted to behave. That's why we don't have alcohol in Scottish grounds, why you can't drink in sight of the pitch and why we don't have standing in major stadia. Past examples have proven this and this is why "responsible" adults are not offered the choice.

Neither of the examples you quote were anything to do with standing (safe or otherwise). Hillsborough was caused by (potentially criminal) negligent police crowd control and the Cup Final was due in large part to drunkeness.

So at least bolster your case with some relevant supporting evidence. You don't need to worry about losing your wee plastic seat just because some standing areas are introduced. You'll still have the choice to sit through a game with your knees on your chin and your neighbour's elbow in your ribs.

• Like 2

And there's no point complaining that it's just an English football/Old Firm problem. It's one rule for everyone I'm afraid. So instead of being "militant" ( :lol: ) about safe standing, why not be "militant" ( :lol: ) about creating an even better atmosphere within Fir Park?

It's a moot point anyway, what SPL team, outside the Old Firm, has the money to invest in a safe standing area? None of them.

Atmosphere is generally created through singing, you can't sing sitting down, can't get tall the colour with the flags sitting down. Infact you even need to stand to sing the good lords praises in church. I never said militant about safe standing either. I said militant about the standing issue i.e. standing in the current ground, and not sitting in the seats provided.

And incase you've been too busy being a dick to notice we've been quite busy creating an atmosphere at Fir Park. Whilst standing up, it's against the law doncha know(laugh.gif)

• Like 1

The fans were caged in and the police done nothing to help the situation.

There would have been a crush outside the turnstiles, due to supporters turning up late and pushing to get in quicker, if the Police didn't open the floodgates. Sadly, whatever anybody did there was going to be a crush somewhere that day. And I'm most definitely not trying to "point score" here.

The Taylor report was a knee jerk reaction to that event to shut a few people up.

The Taylor report showed just how disorganised football was in this country and brought in measures (such as seating with tickets to a specific seat) to stop any events like Hillsborough happening again. And what do you know? It hasn't! But you're right, it was just to shut a few people up.

As for drinking at the football, only Scotland doesn't allow it.

You can't drink alcohol within sight of a football pitch during a game anywhere in the UK. That's what I said.

you can't sing sitting down

It is perfectly possible to sing sitting down.

And incase you've been too busy being a dick to notice

Just because I disagree with you doesn't make me a dick :doh:

• Like 1

There would have been a crush outside the turnstiles, due to supporters turning up late and pushing to get in quicker, if the Police didn't open the floodgates. Sadly, whatever anybody did there was going to be a crush somewhere that day. And I'm most definitely not trying to "point score" here.

The Taylor report showed just how disorganised football was in this country and brought in measures (such as seating with tickets to a specific seat) to stop any events like Hillsborough happening again. And what do you know? It hasn't! But you're right, it was just to shut a few people up.

You can't drink alcohol within sight of a football pitch during a game anywhere in the UK. That's what I said.

It is perfectly possible to sing sitting down.

Just because I disagree with you doesn't make me a dick  laugh.gifand calling people 12 year olds I'm afraid does.:doh:

• Like 1