Jamie Murphy - Is This His Year?

David

Assuming that young Murphy decides to see out this season with us, what do you think he's capable of accomplishing?

Is this his year to be a breakout star? Will he eventually get the international recognition that some think he deserves already?

Going by what I've seen thus far, and it has only been one league game and a few pre-season matches, I think he looks as though he ready to step up to the plate and become a real star this season.

I just hope he's sensible enough to recognise that another season with us is what he needs at this point in his career.

sadly with a stand full of scouts this afternoon I don't think we will be playing for the well much longer

however if he does decide to stay I sure he'll be our highest scorer and the Scottish media will link him with the old scum at every opportunity

and he still won't get a game for Scotland as he not play for the old firm

i think murphy would be class in the championship wee forward types that have pace and can take players on always seem to do really well in that league.i think our resolve is really gonna be tested before the end of august and if thats the case id really urge the board to get the fee we deserve for him we do produce some good young players on a fairly regular basis but talents like mcfadden and murphy dont come through very often so its vital we get as much money for them as we can imo jamie is worth atleast £1.5million.if hes stays i can see him scoring 15+ goals this season and that clown levein giving him a chance in a scotland jersey

not saying that i think templeton is better than murphy but i cant see murphy getting a call up before him , i dont understand why levein was at the rangers game he knows those players inside out and it was on tv shouldve stuck it on record and got his arse to FP

sadly with a stand full of scouts this afternoon I don't think we will be playing for the well much longer

Sadly, I think you are right. I'd be very pleasantly surprised if he is still here when the transfer deadline comes.

Another season at Fir Park would put him in good stead but I think he is already at a different level from 95% of the players in the SPL.

It has been his year every year, just depended on what each person expected of him

been a joy to watch him developing and painful to watch him get overused with our small squads and burn out

his technique is superb, some of the still shots of him striking the ball should be used by coaches everywhere. and he has a natural ability that we only ever see a glimpse off when he gets the ball at his feet and takes it for a walk

a confidence player if every there was one and once he realises that he is one of the best, there will be no stopping him

I 'believe' its time he did

Best not to heap too much pressure on the guy just as McCall has tried to ease the creative burden on him by signing Law.

In terms of ability, it's all there. But I'd like to see him do it in a big game. Too often for me against the Old Firm he seems to have an inferiority complex and doesn't perform as we know he can. He needs to start believing he can rip the likes of Mark Wilson and Steven Whittaker to shreds. Because he can..

Will he still be here in September? I think the answer hinges on that question of doing it against the best the SPL has to offer. Any scout will want to see him doing it against Rangers and Celtic before they takes a chance on him. Doing it against Inverness (with the greatest respect) is unlikely to seal a big move. The comparison with McFadden that people seem to make backs this up. McFadden seemed to save his best for when the big boys came into town. Arrogance, cockiness, call it what you want, Murphy could do with a slice of it...

• Like 1

I can live with that weakness if it means we keep him at least for another season, if he can be prolific against the fodder then we'll do fine. Goals and performances against OF are something of a bonus. Hope they do come eventually so he can move onto bigger things for big money for us both as he likely to outgrow Motherwell sooner or later even as is.

I think he's gone. Its 2002 all over again with the Faddy scenario. Not that its a bad thing, cash in on Murphy and build the squad. We fared well in 2002 and we will do again when Murph goes. Well as long as he goes with some time to spare for a few replacements.

I think he's gone. Its 2002 all over again with the Faddy scenario. Not that its a bad thing, cash in on Murphy and build the squad. We fared well in 2002 and we will do again when Murph goes. Well as long as he goes with some time to spare for a few replacements.

No chance, if the club have any sense, which they do, they will know he will be worth so much more by the end of the season having been a valuable player during this season. It makes no sense to sell him at any money right now.

A big offer will come in before the end of this window - we will turn it down. You heard it here first.

happens all the time at this club we progress the players over the years and as soon as a player reaches their potential and becomes more consistant some bigger club takes them away before we get the enjoy the player playing at their best if that makes sense, which is obviously fustrating

hopefully we'll get at least another 6 months of murphy tearing defences to shreads

i only saw the u19s once last season but josh watt looked a very good prospect in the cup tie against stirling.

a pacy right winger who looked as though he could play with both feet, he scored one and crossed for another in the game i was at.

postiejim is probably the man in the know about the youths.

STV has learned that Wigan Athletic are interested in Motherwell winger Jamie Murphy.

Although no direct contact has been made between the two clubs, Roberto Martinez’s side are keeping tabs on the 21-year-old.

Murphy is a product of the Motherwell youth academy and made his first-team debut in the 2006-07 season. Since then he has gone on to score 16 goals in 120 games for the Lanarkshire club.

He has also scored five times in 13 games for the Scotland under-21 team.

Stoke City, Tottenham Hotspur, Wolverhampton Wanderers and West Bromwich Albion all had scouts at Fir Park for Motherwell’s 3-0 win over Inverness Caledonian Thistle on Saturday, in which Murphy scored the second goal of the match.

But Stuart McCall is keen for his young highly-rated players to remain at Fir Park.

Key thing is we don't need to sell. Wigan now apparently "interested". Would love the club to come out and say "£3million or forget it, we don't need to sell....."

But is that true? With this current ownership thing in the air and yet to be finalised, a decent amount of money (high six figures/low seven) with some nice added bonuses on top could easily see Weir and Dempster go "thank you very much, please come again"...