Kilmarnock Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

Think today will be a difficult game but also a very good test for the lads and where abouts we are.

A mate of mine is a Killie fan and he is really excited about his team this year and says there signings look to be top notch.

I hope we come out with a similar mentality as last week and give it a go.

Think the only change to the team will be a tactical switch and ranther than go for an attacking 4-4-2

--------Jenno Lasley-------

Humphrey -------------- Law

-----------Murphy-----------

-----------Higdon-----------

It might be more like

---------Jennings-----------

-------Lasley Law --------

Humphrey ------------ Murphy

----------Higdon -----------

Trying to use our pace to hit them on the counter. Bye all accounts Killie have two big Centre halfs and play with attacking full backs, so i would utilise the pace down the flanks in behind their full backs and try and get the ball into The Don's feet so he can hold it up and link in the play.

Hopefully a better result and performance than last seasons last vist to Killie.

A mate of mine is a Killie fan and he is really excited about his team this year and says there signings look to be top notch.

i don't understand how they can be in the worst financial position of any spl club yet still sign so many players who don't appear to be utter diddies.

i think they are all in denial down there anyway, their supporters trust have been issuing press releases about taking over the running of the club whilst completely ignoring the fact that they are £10m in debt.

i don't understand how they can be in the worst financial position of any spl club yet still sign so many players who don't appear to be utter diddies.

i think they are all in denial down there anyway, their supporters trust have been issuing press releases about taking over the running of the club whilst completely ignoring the fact that they are £10m in debt.

Is their debt not all due to the Park Hotel though? Not sure how it works but I would presume the banks view that as security hence allowing them to keep trading. Maybe squirrelhumper can enlighten us?

8 players out and 9 in? Certainly bucking the trend that is being set by the rest of the teams in the SPL. You could say this about a lot of teams but what a state Killie would be in if they were relegated. No chance of that this season right enough.

interesting development. Reckon McCall obviously rates McHugh and Smith as highly as each other. Hopefully he'll step up to the plate today. Reckon this game has draw written all over it, so I'll go 2-2.

Nothing we didn't already know but the lack of depth in the squad really hits home when the bench is

Hollis

Saunders

Halsman

Carswell

Forbes

Smith

Lawless

Not much on there that you'd fancy to change a game if things weren't going our way. Could also mean complacency from the first eleven. Other than a Saunders/Hateley debate, the rest of the team don't really need to worry if their form dips..

I'll reiterate what I put in the shoutbox over the course of the game, which I wasn't at but listened to the BBC commentary and watched the live stream.

Today we looked flat, it reminded me of the Partick Thistle game that was only resurrected by playing Leeds a few days later where we cranked things up.

Kilmarnock should be still trying to find their feet with all the players they brought in and if we have ambitions of improving on our performance last season then an away win at Rugby Park is what we should be looking to achieve.

Too often I swore at my laptop seeing yet another squandered ball lost in the middle third of the park, it would have been highlighted more last week (because it was just as prevalent then) if we hadn't gone on to win 3-0.

With Murphy looking like a shoe in for moving onto pastures new, the up front options are looking increasingly threadbare. Now in his third season, Humph really has to offer more than his pace. I'd agree with Gaag, McHugh has the demeanour of a 1st division player and Hateley needs to find some of the ability that made him YPotY in 2009-10.

Consistency is key if we are going to mount a valid challenge to Celtic this season :ph34r:

Managed to hear the second half online. Sounds like Law had a good game, and as wellfan09 said, another clean sheet.

By the way guys, how many fans on average do Well take to away matches these days? On the radio they sounded much louder than the home support.

MUCH louder today. Great effort by the guys down the front. 892 away fans apparently. Killie fans were playing each other at Chess or reading. Only reason I can think of for stadium wide silence.

Good point today. I know they have a lot of new personnel but they seem to have replaced what they lost with players not a million miles off. Aye, would've been great to win and we had the chances, but they aint no mugs and I doubt any of us wouldn't have taken a point pre-match.

Aye, all joking aside that is what it is. A good point for both. A point away from home is always welcome (especially with Higdon out) and KIllie have a team that is almost brand new. I'm sure their manager will come good but he needs that win. I'm glad he won't be getting it against us.