League Cup Third Round Draw *updated*

Finlay

That is a horrible draw for a good few reasons! Gutted with that. Aberdeen, again, have the luck in the League Cup this season.

At least it is a home draw. They have a strongish squad but a donkey in charge.

Apart from possibly East Fife every other game home or away would have been just as tough. At least there is NO huge expectation we will get through without playing at our best.

Have not seen the fixture list but I bet we play them in the league on or around that date??

I would gladly swap places with any SPL side apart from St Johnstone. At the very least there would be a bit of freshness there as well.

Regardless of current position I'm never overly confident when we are playing them. Home tie is a bonus right enough. The draw could have been better for us. It could have been much worse for them. I imagine they will be happier than we are about it.

sh*te draw,

middle in a run of 3 home games for us

Saturday ST J-midweek Hibs-Saturday Sheep

hopefully a good gateprice for home and away fans (Hibs are away to Dunfermline Saturday before it and thats on TV so sensible pricing might tempt their travelling fans to choose Fir Park)

Edit: Motherwell and HIbs play each other 3 times in just over 10weeks

Am I the only one that thinks it's a good draw? Hibs are awful!

I wouldn't say it's a good draw (compared to some of the other teams in there) but it's certainly not a disaster and I'm perfectly content with it. Hibs are absolutely ganting and Calderwood is clueless, there's no reason why we shouldn't be doing them at Fir Park.

That said, I did fancy an away day to Ayr. :(

I remember we hammered them at Easter Road a couple of season ago in the cup. I enjoyed that game immensely.

Great night at Easter road indeed netherton and i don't see any reason why we cant win this game, i think its a good draw and should be a good night at firpark .Were the best team in Scotland after all while Hibs are bottom of the league ,they have a crap squad and a crap manager so what could possibly go wrong :whistling: ,some people just lack a wee bit faith in the mighty Well.

Edited by postiejim

Great night at Easter road indeed netherton and i don't see any reason why we cant win this game, i think its a good draw and should be a good night at firpark .Were the 3rd best team in Scotland after all while Hibs are bottom of the league ,they have a crap squad and a crap manager so what could possibly go wrong :whistling: ,some people just lack a wee bit faith in the mighty Well.

Ahem 2nd best I'll thank you :whistling:

Not one I would have picked due to familiarity but it could be a very good draw or quite a tricky draw. Could depend on whether Calderwood is still the manager in a months time or who Hibs bring in over the next week (surely they have to sort out that defence?)

Still any home draw you have to be fairly confident of progressing.

As the seeded team we should have been hoping to avoid hibs and st mirren. Whilst there are no guarantees both would have been easier than that. Hibs have players who can hurt us and we will need to be at our best to beat them. As lobey dosser said they can't be shite forever. Granted we'll fancy it more than them but it is as hard an opponent as we could have got.