Motherwell V Hearts Discussion Thread

postiejim

I know its a bit early but why no .I see Hearts went down 0-1 at Tynie today to Dundee United ,and according to the Gorgi gits over on jambos kickback Edinburgh's finest haven't won in their last 9 league games in fact they have only won one of there last 14 league games stretching back to last February. John Sutton will also be returning to fir park looking for his first goal in Hearts colours .So its lookin like a certain Hearts win with Sutton finding the net. :whistling:

If we play as we did against Kilmarnock when we go forward we'll struggle to score.

I'm just hoping that both Hateley and Humphrey are on their game this weekend, and would like to see McHugh get a goal, as I think it would do his confidence some good.

I can see this game finishing as a draw to be honest.

That was a poor result for Hearts today. Though they're still the team most would look to to split the Old Firm, the club has been a circus since the Lithuanians arrived and it never seems a happy camp. So much internal politics and general craziness can't be good for morale. Are their players at least getting paid these days?

Wonder what kind of reception the big guy will get?

Better reception from us than them, seems they are divided on him already...

My link

My favourties being

This aint Motherwell any more. Yes he needs a little bit of time but he has to buck up his ideas soon or he will be out the team.

and surprisingly

Put in a very half-hearted display. He may not be used to the best of his ability by JJ, but that's no excuse whatsoever for a lack of effort.

That run of games also includes the time they were beating us 3-0 at home and couldn't get the job done. Sutts 2nd and our 3rd that day was top drawer.

I would take a draw right now. Have the fear about this one and as I can see Higdon scoring his first at NSP the following week, I think Sutts will score his first competitve goal for Hearts at FP.

Fingers crossed we take something from what will be a very difficult fixture......so going for a 1-1.

i think we could struggle in this game without a physical presence up front with the big lumps hearts have at the back

Sometimes it's not best to fight fire with fire. It all depends on the supply to the front men. If we have wee quick guys then balls into feet might work against "big lumps". But as I say, a lot will depend on the kind of service we give the strikers..

I'll take a point from this right now to be honest. I think we are as weak on the right as we are strong on the left and although I don't want dann McHugh right away, that front line isn't going to trouble many teams. Part of me thinks it's absolutely crimminal we don't have another recognised striker on board.

I don't want dann McHugh right away, that front line isn't going to trouble many teams. Part of me thinks it's absolutely crimminal we don't have another recognised striker on board.

Yeh but there is still a long way to go in the transfer window. We didn't sign Blackman till the 13th of August last season or the Juke till the 26th of August the season before that. I know this season has started earlier for us than the last two but that's not the EPL teams problem, their season dosen't start till the 13th of August and we will just have to wait and see who's available when they start to decide their sqauds for the forthcoming season.

Personally I'd rather we get by just now for 2 or 3 games and try and secure a decent player on loan for the rest ot the season than panic buying another Casagolda just for the sake of adding numbers to the squad.

My link

My favourties being

and surprisingly

They haven't kicked a ball since March. Arrogant feckers.

If Richie Foran gets applauded, I don't see we he shouldn't

I really hate Hearts and I would love to see us beating them 3-0, but realistically I can only see us winning by 1.

We shouldn't be applauding ANY former players who are playing against us. While John Sutton was a far better player than Richie Foran ever was IMO he will be playing for Hearts, against us, trying to score against and beat us. I've nothing atall against John Sutton, he was a good striker for us while he was here but he's moved on now and we have to do the same.

He can be applauded when he warms up, only Steve Kirk gets the applause when he notches against us. :nod:

I applaud Foran warming up. I'll applaud Sutton doing the same. After that, he's as much a nobody as any Lithuanian to me.

Also, good grief, the Hearts fans sound like us, in writing off players.

My link

Most of that thread seems to be people saying how needs better service and punting long balls all day to him is no use because that's not his style.

Only a few real criticisms, but the majority of posters seem happy enough to give him some time.

We shouldn't be applauding ANY former players who are playing against us. While John Sutton was a far better player than Richie Foran ever was IMO he will be playing for Hearts, against us, trying to score against and beat us. I've nothing atall against John Sutton, he was a good striker for us while he was here but he's moved on now and we have to do the same.

He shouldn't be booed or abused either though, that was the only reason people started applauding Foran last week, to drown out the booing

I'm not saying he should be abused or booed but he certainly shouldn't be applauded when playing against us.

As for Richie Foran, he doesn't deserve any sort of recognition from Motherwell fans as far as I'm concerned, he was/is one of the most over rated Motherwell players of the last decade and a lazy bastard into the bargain.

• Like 1

I'm not saying he should be abused or booed but he certainly shouldn't be applauded when playing against us.

As for Richie Foran, he doesn't deserve any sort of recognition from Motherwell fans as far as I'm concerned, he was/is one of the most over rated Motherwell players of the last decade and a lazy bastard into the bargain.

Couldn't disagree more, on the lazy bastard front. Not a comment I would ever associate with Richie Foran. I thought he committed all he had to the cause, and I think he continues to do so, under a new badge, with new owners.