Motherwell V Hearts Discussion Thread

postiejim

As has already been said I think its fair enough to show some appreciation pre-match to returning players like Sutton who did a turn, put in a shift and didn't leave under a cloud (albeit in this case there was the was he or wasn't he offered a deal question that we never quite a got a definitive answer about).

After that I'd prefer that we ignored them and pretended they didn't exist. Whilst Sutton may yet count most of the 'Well teams as friends, and his jumpers and golf gear be the topic of the occasional jibe between the players on twitter, I've little doubt that he'll be out to put one over on MFC. Let's not give him any added incentive by abusing him or winding him up from the stands.

In general though a player is going to move on I always think its better he remembers his time at Motherwell fondly as possible. Given the spirit that seems to be fostered at Fir Park with so many returning who knows whether they might have an opportunity to return. If that positive relationship still remains on and off the park then that can only help.

As for Sutton himself I've little doubt he'll get the Jambos the 10 plus goals a season he has generally done for St Mirren and Motherwell before them. Haggis mentioned he thought Jamie Murphy was a "streak" player but Sutton's goals are even more so with clutches of them coming in a spell before he goes quiet for a few games. He'll get there with them. Just hope it isn't at the weekend.

• Like 1

I'm actually confident about this game, actually more so than I was against Kilmarnock. I think MelvinBragg, got it spot on (sorry if it wasn't, can't be arsed looking back) Higdon being out could actually be a nice little bonus for us. Pass the ball around their brutes will cause them more hassle than having Higdon up there.

2-0 Murphy and Law.

We shouldn't be applauding ANY former players who are playing against us. While John Sutton was a far better player than Richie Foran ever was IMO he will be playing for Hearts, against us, trying to score against and beat us. I've nothing atall against John Sutton, he was a good striker for us while he was here but he's moved on now and we have to do the same.

I have to agree with MJC. It really, really pisses me off that even away in Inverness we applaud and even sing songs about a former player who lets be honest, wasn't what everyone makes out he was for us. He was a sub-standard, middle of the road lazy b*stard who scored an occasional penalty. He was dire last week and i'm glad he no longer plays for us.

Sutton was a much better player. I was sorry to see him go.

About the game, im thinking a 1-0 so Randolph keeps a clean sheet, and i'll go for hutchy scoring off a corner (he had some chance on saturday)

Cant wait for the match Sunday, Hearts is a tough test but they can be beaten, Hateley and Humphrey were not the only players to have off games last week, last week against Calley thistle they worked very well together, in fact they were awesome down the right, i am excited about this game, win this and people will be looking up at Motherwell for another week.

I want positive feedback after the match Sunday re Hateley and Humphrey, lets hope i am right, i have full confidence in both of them performing, and Murphy to get back to fireing on all cylinders.

Close match 2-0 Motherwell.

As has already been said I think its fair enough to show some appreciation pre-match to returning players like Sutton who did a turn, put in a shift and didn't leave under a cloud (albeit in this case there was the was he or wasn't he offered a deal question that we never quite a got a definitive answer about).

It probably dragged on because he was always going to leave for better money elsewhere but he had enough dignity not to say it publicly. We offered him the same money again, Hearts offered him double. I don't think anyone can blame him for going so thanks for your contribution John but I hope you lose on Sunday.

I want positive feedback after the match Sunday re Hateley and Humphrey, lets hope i am right, i have full confidence in both of them performing, and Murphy to get back to fireing on all cylinders.

Close match 2-0 Motherwell.

Hately has been disappointing for me so far. Only 2 games I know, but he's made some poor decisions and his passing has been a bit lacklustre. Caught out of position a few times also, especially on Saturday at Killie.

Humphrey also looks like he's hesitant to taking the defender on again, like we saw in the closing stages of last season. Lots of tapes running up the back of his thighs. Carrying a knock??

Team in turmoil travelling to fir park?

Away win every time. :(

A myth that only exists in the selective memories of Motherwell fans.

Particularly in this case - Hearts are a good team with players that are quite used to all the backroom shenanigans. If they beat us, it would hardly be ripping up the form book.

We're certainly the team to put others back on track!!

Us and every other middling SPL team. Except, of course, when struggling teams come to Fir Park and we beat them. Those days are immediately erased from memory to keep the myth alive.

Agree with Weeyin...all a load of crap. Just evidence that defeat hurts more than the joy of a victory vs those around us. Just like online poker when the idiots who think it's rigged will always remember when they get unlucky and forget about the times they get lucky.

Moving on......after today and with Hearts playing Europe midweek I'm going for 2-0 to the good guys, McHugh and Law

That was a poor result for Hearts today. Though they're still the team most would look to to split the Old Firm, the club has been a circus since the Lithuanians arrived and it never seems a happy camp. So much internal politics and general craziness can't be good for morale. Are their players at least getting paid these days?

Well that was yesterday. You can always rely on Hearts to provide the off-field entertainment at least :popcorn:

I see the spl are up to their usual pish,who do you think they have put in charge of the game versus Hearts on sunday...................thats right Stevie O Reilly!!!!!! Should be interesting.Hope Jennings lamps him this time.

I'll bet O'Reilly creams himself in excitement awaiting Jenno's first challenge. In fact he'll probably start the game with the yellow card in his hand ready to dish it out the moment Steve looks at someone the wrong way.