Motherwell V Hearts Discussion Thread

postiejim

I do agree with some previous points re Humphrey, his crossing through the course of teh match was very poor and Higdon rightly had a go at him in the first half for it. He also should have on some corners or throw-ins but instead he just ran the ball out of play. He needs to improve.

He does not mean to run the ball out of play it happens, just one of those things, not one mention of the superb cross to Murphy which he should of scored, but because its Murphy its not worth mentioning. I actually agree with the overall opinion yesterday, he got plenty of balls into the box, and i would say we should of scored at least 3 goals from them, the cut back to Murphy, the cut back to Jennings, the header for Murphy all great chances to score and we never took them, one day they will go in and Humphrey would of had three assists and be the talk of the match. Yes there is improvement needed in all departments from everyone in the team not just Humphrey. He does a great job and im sure you want him in your start line up. 3rd games of the season not conceded a goal and he has worked the left back in all 3 games, he and the team are moving forward in the right direction. There is not one player on the pitch that does not need to improve

Daily Record:

The Motherwell boss, at least, had something to be pleased about in 33 minutes when the best move of the match saw Nicky Law, who looks a real player, send Humphrey scurrying down the right flank with a terrific pass. The winger fired an excellent cross over which found Murphy arriving at the far post but the youngster mistimed his jump and his header flew harmlessly over.

Humphrey played in Law, who in-turn picked out Murphy and the 21-year-old showed composure to coolly tuck beyond Kello

I think he done ok, dont you.

Steps down off his Orange Box!

Enjoyed the game yesterday and delighted with the 3 points, after the first half I thought we completely dominated and there was only going to be one winner. Took a mate along yesterday for his first ever football match and he absolutely loved bouncing around down at the end of the east stand. Hopefully another new dosser!

I do agree with some previous points re Humphrey, his crossing through the course of teh match was very poor and Higdon rightly had a go at him in the first half for it. He also should have on some corners or throw-ins but instead he just ran the ball out of play. He needs to improve.

He does not mean to run the ball out of play it happens, just one of those things, not one mention of the superb cross to Murphy which he should of scored, but because its Murphy its not worth mentioning. I actually agree with the overall opinion yesterday, he got plenty of balls into the box, and i would say we should of scored at least 3 goals from them, the cut back to Murphy, the cut back to Jennings, the header for Murphy all great chances to score and we never took them, one day they will go in and Humphrey would of had three assists and be the talk of the match. Yes there is improvement needed in all departments from everyone in the team not just Humphrey. He does a great job and im sure you want him in your start line up. 3rd games of the season not conceded a goal and he has worked the left back in all 3 games, he and the team are moving forward in the right direction. There is not one player on the pitch that does not need to improve

Daily Record:

The Motherwell boss, at least, had something to be pleased about in 33 minutes when the best move of the match saw Nicky Law, who looks a real player, send Humphrey scurrying down the right flank with a terrific pass. The winger fired an excellent cross over which found Murphy arriving at the far post but the youngster mistimed his jump and his header flew harmlessly over.

Humphrey played in Law, who in-turn picked out Murphy and the 21-year-old showed composure to coolly tuck beyond Kello

I think he done ok, dont you.

Steps down off his Orange Box!

I sat in the Main Stand yesterday and I had a great view of Humphrey in the first half. That was a great cross, but the majority of times there was real frustration felt at his crossing or losing of possession. Hately was doing a great job, but Humphrey wasn't repaying him.

Of course he doesn't mean to run the ball out of play. The fact is that he does, when other players would win corners or throw-in's. I feel like shouting a Forrest Gump style STOP when he sets off. He struggles to change direction when he starts as he is going so fast. I often wonder what he would be like through the middle.

Humphrey has a lot of potential due to his pace, but he could really do with improving his end product.

I agree there is room for improvement all over, I think it is just more glaringly obvious with Humphrey than others. I think he scored 3 goals in 33 games last season, I'm not sure what his assist stats are like.

Away from home i would play Hately in right midfield. Other than that I would have him in my team simply because there are no other options.

Without him in the team its weaker without a doubt, he has played down the middle before and believe it or not he was a striker at West Brom in his younger days. Me for one is more than happy with his work rate and i know his end product can only be judged on goals scored, maybe if any of the three chances were converted yesterday we might not be having this Soap box issue.

Without him in the team its weaker without a doubt, he has played down the middle before and believe it or not he was a striker at West Brom in his younger days. Me for one is more than happy with his work rate and i know his end product can only be judged on goals scored, maybe if any of the three chances were converted yesterday we might not be having this Soap box issue.

Work rate isn't a problem, it is the end product.

I like Humphrey, not that you would guess that from my (hopefully constructive) criticism. He gets me on the edge of my seat when he gets the ball, the problem is that I usually end up standing up out of frustration rather than to congratulate him. The frustration comes from the fact that he has potential and gets into good positions, just needs to look up now and again. Big Higdon is crying out for some good crosses to attack.

Anyway, we'll leave it at that and hope that he plays a blinder in his next game.

I'm going to make the assumption that you're disappointed by the boos towards Sutton and not the applause? There were a few boos from where I was in the Cooper but as soon as a few of us started clapping, the half-hearted boos were quickly drowned out.

He was a good player for us and deserved a warm welcome back but that's all he'll get.

"Welcome to the game John, now Craggs...go flatten him".

Quite.

This was the same player who held a maroon scarf aloft when paraded in a Hearts shit emblazoned with 'Wonga' whilst still employed by our club... Who gave Stephen Pearson applause for a similar act?

Now he's left, he's a c*nt like the rest of 'em. Money aside, I'd wager he'll rue the day he left us :nod:

blah Blah Blah Humphrey didnae do this Blah blah blah Hateley didn't get forward enough , Blah Blah McCall should have done this/that /the next thing. Blah blah blah 3 Games no goals lost, top of the league East stand what the fuck do you want/expect /hope/dream of ,jesus christ. Think some of our supporters are on crack :wallbash:

Hopefully the manager doesnt have the same attitude as this drivel.

Yes we are top of the league, yes we are playing well BUT there are areas for improvement and I'm pretty certain that the Ginger One will agree.

Jambos kickback is absolutely hilarious in their defence of that nutcase Black. "

Do you now have to join that to read the threads? I've looked at it before to see what their thoughts have been on games but the thought of joining a Hearts forum gives me the shudders.