The Price Of Football

Well-Made

The BBC have got a report into the price of football for the English Leagues and the SPL. Basically they have asked each club for their adult ticket prices. They have worked the table on the cheapest match experience (ticket, programme, pie and tea.).

I must say that I am a little disappointed in our placing in their League table. Shows though that the club need to do more to bring in more supporters, whether home or away.

Granted this doesn't appear to include season ticket prices but rather PATG. Shows though that we could maybe do some work yet to attract more fans.

Inverness have come out top with their cheapest adult ticket being £16.00. Celtic, Rangers and Hibs are the dearest at £22.

BBC Report

We do move up to the 3rd lowest if the dearer tickets are used.

The BBC have got a report into the price of football for the English Leagues and the SPL. Basically they have asked each club for their adult ticket prices. They have worked the table on the cheapest match experience (ticket, programme, pie and tea.).

I must say that I am a little disappointed in our placing in their League table. Shows though that the club need to do more to bring in more supporters, whether home or away.

Granted this doesn't appear to include season ticket prices but rather PATG. Shows though that we could maybe do some work yet to attract more fans.

Inverness have come out top with their cheapest adult ticket being £16.00. Celtic, Rangers and Hibs are the dearest at £22.

BBC Report

We do move up to the 3rd lowest if the dearer tickets are used.

Where are those cheap tickets for Celtic Rangers & Hibs? Cost me more thanthat last time I visited any of those grounds, Old Firm more than 5 years ago tae.

• Like 1

Last Saturday cost me £40.

£7 train ticket, £22 admission, £2.50 programme, £4 pie and coke, £5 couple of drinks.

:blink:

Anyone else think those prices are absolutely ridiculous?

I assume it was a Killie Pie so the quality is going to be good but still, £4 for that and some coke is daylight robbery. Even airports are cheaper!

If any club thinks those prices are acceptable then their cheif execs need P45s on the spot.

According to the BBC survery, Motherwell charge £1.90 for a pie and £1.60 for a cup of tea. Disgraceful.

£7 train ticket, £22 admission, £2.50 programme, £4 pie and coke, £5 couple of drinks.

The programme was £3.50 and pretty shit for that.

How bad was the 'Coke' at Rugby Park. Big bottles with the labels ripped off, sitting on shelves below the roasting hot ones which had already been poured.

79p 2 litre shit, poured into cups and flogged at £1.60 a go.

The programme was £3.50 and pretty shit for that.

How bad was the 'Coke' at Rugby Park. Big bottles with the labels ripped off, sitting on shelves below the roasting hot ones which had already been poured.

79p 2 litre shit, poured into cups and flogged at £1.60 a go.

The Coke was awful, no way it was real 'Coke' despite the cups! The programme was £2.50 though, although it was pretty shit, 21 pages out of 50 were adverts. Motherwell one is much better.

4 quid for a pie at Arsenal!! Better hope it's fucking kobe beef. Robbing bastards

Not only that. Best part of a grand for the cheapest season ticket and they still win nothing!

The simple answer for 'Well fans is to buy a season ticket, and pick & choose the away games you attend.

If the price of the food at the stadium is not to your liking then simply eat before you come in to the game. Once people stop spending their hard earned at the in-ground kiosk they'll maybe have to rethink their pricing.

If people are happy to continually moan about it though, yet still throw money their way at the weekend then they have no real incentive for changing things up.

I had a Bolton season ticket 2 years ago and that was incredible value, the season ticket itself was £50 and I believe it still is.

I still go down as much as I can and an adult ticket is cheaper than an adult ticket to Fir park.. Cheaper to watch Bolton playing arsenal, Manchester united, chelsea, man city etc

Ticket prices up here are ridiculous!

last year bolton made £38 million from broadcasting.

we made £1.5m

we need gate money to survive, they don't. you only have to look at our squad on saturday to see that their can't be many savings that could be made at fir park to cover a reduction in gate prices.

And if Bolton (or any other EPL club) is relegated they are guaranteed 48 million in parachute payments over the subsequent 4 years.

That's right. 48 million for being crap. If we had that level of guaranteed income we could be giving away season tickets.