What Does Murphy Need To Do?

TAM

Jamie Murphy must be so bloody frustrated. What more does he need to do to get a look in with Scotland?

I know this thread may need to be moved to Tartan Army but wanted to ensure the masses were aware.

Murph has again been overlooked for the latest Scotland squad, but yet the likes of James Forrest, Barry Robson, Danny Wilson and ofcourse Goodwille are included.

Murph plays 90 mins week in week out, unlike some of the above. He has shown he can play in multiple positions, unlike some of the above and has the skill to unlock or run through defences again unlike some of the above.

IMO - Levien has needs to take off his Arab / Old Firm or ex-Old Firm glasses for the good of our national team!

Well Levein was at Rugby Park, and he would have witnessed a fucking absymal performance from Murphy.

Just unfortunate that when it really mattered to put a performance in, he was marked and kicked out the game, and had no physical support to assist him up front.

Done himself no favours with that performance.

Albeit, his previous performances, possibly merited a call-up, but this may well have been Levein's first sighting of him since tail end of last season/Cup Final - again where was was piss-poor.

Well Levein was at Rugby Park, and he would have witnessed a fucking absymal performance from Murphy.

Just unfortunate that when it really mattered to put a performance in, he was marked and kicked out the game, and had no physical support to assist him up front.

Done himself no favours with that performance.

Hopefully the scouts in the stand weren't too impressed either, I can handle him missing out on the national team if it means we get to keep him a bit longer. Levein's a speccy Jambo fud anyroads.

Hopefully the scouts in the stand weren't too impressed either, I can handle him missing out on the national team if it means we get to keep him a bit longer. Levein's a speccy Jambo fud anyroads.

This.

Murphys inclusion in the national squad might lead to me giving a fuck again so it's negated that at least.

He needs to move away from motherwell to get a place in the Scotland Squad. Levein Will not pick a player from hibs, motherwell, Aberdeen etc. because he is an ignorant prick who only picks the best from either a club related to him, a club in a higher league or a club that has the balls of the sfa in their Hands, i.e the old Firm, with one or two exceptions.

Would have been the perfect opportunity to bring him (and a few others) into the fold for bawbag Levein to have a closer look at. Being in the squad and not playing can still be a hugely beneficial step....but no, common sense obviouisly bestowed on Levein.

That aside, think we will win the game cause we've got James Forrest and Danny Wilson and they too have been in sensational form.....for their respective reserve teams!

:wallbash:

The answer to the question is:- 'play for Dundee Utd'

Good one. How many Dundee United players are in the squad again?

He needs to move away from motherwell to get a place in the Scotland Squad. Levein Will not pick a player from hibs, motherwell, Aberdeen etc. because he is an ignorant prick who only picks the best from either a club related to him, a club in a higher league or a club that has the balls of the sfa in their Hands, i.e the old Firm, with one or two exceptions.

And another, pray tell, who should be called up from Hibs, Aberdeen or Motherwell squads?

Christ is Murphy the new Reynolds on here?

Maybe, just maybe Craig Levein hasn't picked Murphy because he doesn't think he's done enough to merit it just yet?

Anyway I'm not complaining that he's missed out as Murphy playing for Scotland would get him more recognition which would increase the interest in him and hamper our chances of keeping him even more so from a Motherwell point of view this is a good thing.

I can't really say I'm too surprised. Disappointed for Murphy ofcourse but not really surprised.

Within minutes of that charge being dropped last week both Houston and Levein were talking about Goodwillie being in the Scotland squad. That was before Saturday and it was pretty much the signal for me that he wasn't going to get a look in soon.

Remember too that McGuire, ex of Aberdeen, is likely to be ahead of him in the queue as well.

Its clearly apparent that Levein attaches more kudos to being a reserve player with an English Premier League club, even if they can barely reach double figures in appearances in that league than someone doing the business in the SPL.

It really does appear the case that he needs to move to England or to one of the Old Firm where the media will immediately crank up the hype to have him included.

And another, pray tell, who should be called up from Hibs, Aberdeen or Motherwell squads?

I was using them as examples for SPL teams that are not the old Firm. Not saying that the scotland squad should be built up of platers from three specific squads in the spl of which probably have two international candidates betwee them.

I was using them as examples for SPL teams that are not the old Firm. Not saying that the scotland squad should be built up of platers from three specific squads in the spl of which probably have two international candidates betwee them.

I wasn't suggesting that either, but I can't think of any players in the SPL that have a strong claim for a call up outside of the ones that have. Murphy & Templeton are the only two I can really think of, and I'd wager that guys like McCormack or McFadden would be ahead in that queue as well.

Always guaranteed a good bit of outrage on here after a Scotland squad's announce. No one still shouting for Mark Reynolds to be included or do the C&A specs come off the moment a player leaves the club?!

For what it's worth, I would have had Murphy and Templeton in there from a "one for the future" point of view, purely because that seems to be a big part of Levein's squads, with the likes of Hanley, Wilson and Bannan being continually chosen. But Murphy is far from an automatic pick and, as has already been mentioned, hasn't been playing nearly consistently enough to justify any kind of uproar at his lack of inclusion IMO.

Anyway, I'm surprised anyone is shocked given Levein was guaranteed to continue with his mythical policy of favouring Dundee United players! :lol:

According to and STV reporter on twitter

Cammy Bell, Jamie Murphy, Lee Wallace all considered and just missed out for Scotland, door closed on no players.

Seems like Murphy is on his radar. He just needs to be more consistent and keep plugging away, his time will come. Sadly it will be more than likely when he is away from Fir Park when he does get the call.

I wouldn't say his lack of inclusion is shocking and I can understand why he and Templeton are not in the squad, but then again I can't see what the likes of Hanley, Wilson and Forrest have done to justify their inclusion.

Anyway, I'm surprised anyone is shocked given Levein was guaranteed to continue with his mythical policy of favouring Dundee United players! :lol:

I felt this way when he picked the Sweden squad, in fairness. But anyone still claiming that this even slightly rings true is full of the nonsense.

Always guaranteed a good bit of outrage on here after a Scotland squad's announce. No one still shouting for Mark Reynolds to be included or do the C&A specs come off the moment a player leaves the club?!

For what it's worth, I would have had Murphy and Templeton in there from a "one for the future" point of view, purely because that seems to be a big part of Levein's squads, with the likes of Hanley, Wilson and Bannan being continually chosen. But Murphy is far from an automatic pick and, as has already been mentioned, hasn't been playing nearly consistently enough to justify any kind of uproar at his lack of inclusion IMO.

Mythical...!?

Garry Kenneth has two caps.

That is all.

I felt this way when he picked the Sweden squad, in fairness. But anyone still claiming that this even slightly rings true is full of the nonsense.

Weren't Garry Kenneth and Scott Robertson the only two United players in that squad though? I agree though, suggestions of a United player bias are mental and can be easily disproved just by looking at the squads.

Levein has been poor so far and even if we manage to qualify, I don't think I'll ever forgive him for the 4-6-0 debacle - but I don't think his actual squads have been the problem.

Mythical...!?

Garry Kenneth has two caps.

That is all.

Believing that a half decent SPL centre half might be able to do a job for Scotland then quickly realising he's gash and leaving him out of all future squads does not equate to a bias towards Dundee United players.

That is all.