What Does Murphy Need To Do?

TAM

On the last two occasions that Levein has been at a Motherwell game, Murphy has been non-existent.

If he shows what we know he is capable of on a more regular basis, he will be in the squad. I imagine a good performance this Sunday will propel him to first in line should there be any call-offs.

Has Levein got a TV? I find they help with inconsistency. Mine made Conway, Templeton, Goodwillie and sodding Webster look like Brazillians. And furthermore, Kenneth is shite. Simply shite.

I hate Craig Levein with a burning passion, he has made so many mistakes in his current job - a job he should never have been near in the 1st place - yet he gets an incredibly easy ride from the media. Hated the bastard, when he was a player, hated the bastard when he was Hearts manager, hated the bastard when he was Utd manager and I hate the wank even more now that he has managed to turn me off from going to Scotland games.

BUT, I still dont think that Murphy is the answer for Scotland, love watching him play for the 'well but he needs to be much more consistent and perform in the big games before he will be up to International football.

As for Forrest being called up? :doh:

He has not picked Darren Fletcher due to him not playing in four months and I can understand that, but Levien then goes onto to say that he will only play player who are getting a regular game at club level.

So if thats the case how can he justify picking Jamie Forrest and Barry Bannan? Both of these players did not play regularly for their respective teams in last seasons run in.

So with that in mind then you have to ask why Murphy does not get a look in?

Murphy may have the odd game where he doesn't do well, but overall his performances over the last season and also this season at least deserve a call up to a friendly.

• Like 2

He has not picked Darren Fletcher due to him not playing in four months and I can understand that, but Levien then goes onto to say that he will only play player who are getting a regular game at club level.

So if thats the case how can he justify picking Jamie Forrest and Barry Bannan? Both of these players did not play regularly for their respective teams in last seasons run in.

Bannan was on loan at Leeds for the second half of the season, and has played a few times in pre-season for Villa over the summer. Think Hanley has seen some action in pre-season friendly. Wilson hasn't, but we are that desperate for Centre Halfs I can kinda accept that, althought the lad Pearce at Reading would have been a more worthy shout in a friendly. But absolutely no defense to Forrest! He's a decent player....its no as if he's the next Messi, and should be NOWHERE near the squad while a bench warmer!

If that's what Levein has said about the players he picks, well he's a liar as well as a complete and utter fucking bawbag!! Like many will never forgive him for Czech debacle, thinks he gets far too easy a ride off media, and his attitude and comments and time are miles out, even sometimes shocking and disrespectful. He should never have been given the gig in the first place in my eyes, and even if he leads us on to win Euro 2012 (wishful thinking!) I'd still want him out!

And I'm still baffled by squad selection....in what is a meaningless friendly, he has left out some players who are playing very well at club level week in week out.....Paul Gallagher and George Boyd immediatly spring to mind.

Murphy may not be quite there in terms of form just now, but games like the Denmark one are all about trying out new players and players playing week in week out that show promise should be involved in the squad. Instead the bawbag just rolls out his 23 from his usual 30man pool!

Levein has been indicating that he likes to add 4 or 5 future prospects to the core of his friendly squads. That seems fair enough but the jury is out on his choices. The inclusion of the Forrest is the open to criticism as he faded away badly last season.

He did go on to say that these future prospects are likely to be replaced by older heads in the qualifying games.

Bannan was on loan at Leeds for the second half of the season, and has played a few times in pre-season for Villa over the summer. Think Hanley has seen some action in pre-season friendly. Wilson hasn't, but we are that desperate for Centre Halfs I can kinda accept that, althought the lad Pearce at Reading would have been a more worthy shout in a friendly. But absolutely no defense to Forrest! He's a decent player....its no as if he's the next Messi, and should be NOWHERE near the squad while a bench warmer!

Wilson has played a reasonable amount for Liverpool over pre-season and the boy Pearce is absolutely howling from what I've heard.

See Flow has added an articleto the official site about Murphy still having a chance.

I do like this quote from Levien however -

"For someone to get in the squad is extremely difficult – they have to be playing well, playing regularly with their club and impressing.”

ahem! - Forrest, Wilson, Bannan

Craig Levin thinks he is a lot smarter than he actually is . For what its worth he seems to dislike the mighty well and favour his old pals, Sad to say he will eventually get found out and we ll be struggling to get anyone to take over . Not been to a game since he became manager and playing 10 defenders against an average team and not changing changing it during the game proves the point........Hes a wally

Craig Levin thinks he is a lot smarter than he actually is . For what its worth he seems to dislike the mighty well and favour his old pals, Sad to say he will eventually get found out and we ll be struggling to get anyone to take over . Not been to a game since he became manager and playing 10 defenders against an average team and not changing changing it during the game proves the point........Hes a wally

I agree he's a wally, but I don't think he dislikes Motherwell.

I'll rise to it, since it's the third time you've tried to hijack a thread with it.

That was weeks ago, not "a week", as you've said twice within the last four days, in threads absolutely unrelated to it.. You seem determined to repeat it at every opportunity. I explained my reasons in the same thread you appear to be obsessed with.

Guessing the second time, where an admin pulled you up, wasn't enough.