New Chris Humphrey Song

Rico

The song from page one has been sung at the last few games in support of Chris Humphrey. Someone in our support at Kilmarnock reported us to the club for "racist chanting" towards Humphrey.

Do you know who? That's fucking embarrassing. :lol:

This whole thread makes no sense to me. At all.

:blink:

Am I being right thick or something?

I must admit, I've been a bit cautious over whether this is actually real or not! I heard the song on a few occasions on both the train and down the front of the away end at Rugby Park, but I'm stopping just short of believing someone actually reported it as racist. :blink:

Yeah, I mean, I've read the words and understand what the sentences say and that, but I have genuinely no idea whats going on here. None of this makes any sense?

From what I gather, someone has decided to complain that singing a harmless (and, let's be honest, fairly mediocre) song in support of a black player is racist.

Unfortunately I think we might have a white supremacist in our support who cannot stand by and watch non-white players receive backing without comment. :(

EDIT: In fact, I think I see why you're confused. The first post originally mentioned that someone had complained about the song. I just realise it's been edited.

connotations of slavery. chris humphrey doesnt run down the wing for me or anyone else, chris humphrey runs down the wing because chris humphrey wants to run down the wing.

Chris Humphrey runs down the wing because the team I support and contribute financially to pays his salary and gives him employment. Therefore I look upon it as he's doing it for me, however lets not micro-analyse the semantics of the exact phrase.

Simple way to resolve this: Replace "Chris Humphrey" with "Nicky Law" and would there be the same bullshit thread? (That's no reflection on Rico for being prompted to start it).

Personally, I for one would approach Chris and say "this is what we were singing, do you have any issues at all with it in any way, shape or form?" if not then I'd stand up to the uber-PC brigade who perceive outrage when there is none and tell them where to go.

And ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

were you at the game caller? that was embarassing and humphrey basically chucked it with 15 minutes to go because he was toiling so badly.

hopefully he'll rip grainger for the umpteenth time on sunday but last saturday was not a good day for your boy.

are we any further forward in finding the "person" who claims this is racist????

i'm all for people are entitled to their opinions.........but this is f**king lunacy

Dazzer - you know Chris, has he any issues with this??? or with the fans? does he percieve them as racist?

IMO - the person/people who deem(s) this as racist should be shot

the last few weeks, this group of guys have been praised for their vocal support of the team

Chris would not have a problem with any song about him, he is a sensible kid, and i dont see where the (Racist ) slant comes from, the best bet would be to just remove the thread as it clearly upsets some people and unfortunately rightly or wrongly thats all its takes to become a (Racist) issue.

And the last thing we need to be discussing is Racism.

Lets chat about ripping grainger on Sunday instead.

And for the record Chris Loves being at Motherwell and he loves all the fans. (My opinion)

What a pile of shite.

Someone actually took the time out while at the football to listen intently to get the words of the song just right, find a steward and complain?!? :doh:

Some folk need a good ride or something. I've heard a lot worse chanted at the football than a winger running down the wing, For ME!!! YEY!!

:wallbash: :wallbash:

What a pile of shite.

Someone actually took the time out while at the football to listen intently to get the words of the song just right, find a steward and complain?!? :doh:

Some folk need a good ride or something. I've heard a lot worse chanted at the football than a winger running down the wing, For ME!!! YEY!!

:wallbash: :wallbash:

[/qu

Here Here That person

They didnt take the time to find a steward, they took the time to come home, turn on their PC and email the clubs chief safety/security officer to complain about our "little groups" racist slurs.

Edit: Wanted to make it clear that i'm not having a go at the club in any way, they have been absolutely fantastic with us since last season and are in full support of what we'r trying to do, its just a shame some people seem hell bent on squashing it.