Season Ticket Growth

MFC Supporters Advisory

The official website is reporting the season ticket growth this season:

Official Website Story

We're up 10% on last year and combined with the 13% in 2010/11, then were sure most will agree its definitely in the right direction, even bucking the trend of many other teams in the SPL. However, the club has absorbed a £10,000 deficit as its understood with this the future benefits outweigh the current loss in revenue.

There are now 850 extra season ticket holders than there were 2 years ago.

All encouraging stuff.

The official website is reporting the season ticket growth this season:

Official Website Story

We're up 10% on last year and combined with the 13% in 2010/11, then were sure most will agree its definitely in the right direction, even bucking the trend of many other teams in the SPL. However, the club has absorbed a £10,000 deficit as its understood with this the future benefits outweigh the current loss in revenue.

There are now 850 extra season ticket holders than there were 2 years ago.

All encouraging stuff.

do you have a stand by stand breakdown of where our season ticket holders sit?

Also, how does the number in each stand compare to previous years?

Just wondering like wink.gif

Pretty sure the club has yes. However unsure if it can be released as it may be considered commercially sensitive or of no consequence to have time spent to compile it. Will ask the question though and come back to you.

Regardless, we doubt many other SPL clubs would be so open or frank as to their day to day dealings.

So we have more season ticket holders, because we now give away so many additional ones with each paid one. The result of which is that £10k worth of previously paid for season tickets have now been taken up for nothing. This is good news is it?

it doesn't sound great but it's only about 0.2% of our turnover. using some of the money from the cup run to gain fans seems like a decent investment.

you'll be loving the free kids tickets in a few years :nod:

The club now pays an extra 2.5% to HM Revenue & Customs, so an East Stand ticket holder would have been faced with a £7 increase regardless (not counting inflation or the WellEVATE scheme).

You've also got added value with the season ticket that if used frequently will keep money in your pocket. Not bad for £3.

If the kids are hooked now for life then the club will reap the rewards in the future when they take up full season adult season tickets.

More fans converting to season ticket holders is great, but no more fans overall is not good. Only 4,000 at the ICT game signals a worrying trend for me but I seem to recall being at the exact same place last time we played ICT at first home game, think it was McGhee's first home game.

More fans converting to season ticket holders is great, but no more fans overall is not good. Only 4,000 at the ICT game signals a worrying trend for me but I seem to recall being at the exact same place last time we played ICT at first home game, think it was McGhee's first home game.

flow got into a wee twitter argument with some journo who commented on the attendance at the ict compared to the hibs game a year previous. apparently there was almost exactly the same amount of well fans at both games.

there was about 3900 motherwell fans at the game which was about the same as killie had on saturday.

More season tickets is well and good, extra free ones to kids or not. If it is mostly free tickets ot kids well if you don't have younger fans coming in then well you run out sooner or later. So hopefully early exposure at young age will get the poor sods hooked.

However it is less good if the overall gate is staying the same, give or take. This presumably means more people are buying a season but less paying in at the gate. Which presumably costs club money long run. And/or we have more kids in and more adults staying away for whatever reasons/financial/bored of the SPL etc/moved away from area etc.

At the moment we look like we have a half decent product and with a few loans/frees in before window with luck a decent squad that will keep playing decent football and getting results that will get ST holders coming and increased PATG attendance now we heading towards end of holiday season.

from hearts fan and guardian journo ewan murray.

Various chat about Romanov finance etc.... Hearts last accounts named debt at £36.1m. There was a £10m debt for equity swap after that, plus Wallace transfer... at a guess the current debt will sit at £30m-ish. It was more than £20m when he took over. I maintained in 2004, as I do now, that the Murrayfield plan was utterly flawed and would have triggered the slow death of the club.

Even if the debt for equity deals are balance sheet transactions, the cash spent on wages (from a peak of £12m per year) was, in reality, dished out. Over five years, that won't be far off £50m. Even if you don't add in debt for equity deals, there is zero chance of UBIG seeing that cash again. If the club had been better managed, wages would have been spent more sensibly and UBIG may have had more of a return (via Europe) for their investment.

My view is that their short-term plan is to get the balance sheet debt back towards £20m before selling Tynecastle. Based on nothing other than semi-educated guesswork, that theory. But UBIG's record of following through well made plans in Edinburgh isn't clever- the former bank building in St Andrews Square a prime example of that.

hertz are fucked.

Haha, Im all good Steve, hows life? Going to the game on Sunday?

I'll be there alright fud boy! You going?

you guys are fallin apart at the seams - we're still selling season tickets - get yer arse roon and guarantee premier league fitba for yerself for the season. Your mob are fucked

• Like 1

I'll be there alright fud boy! You going?

you guys are fallin apart at the seams - we're still selling season tickets - get yer arse roon and guarantee premier league fitba for yerself for the season. Your mob are fucked

What can we do? He has us by the nuts (No Craig Thomson jokes please) and we cant do anything about it.

You should watch making a statement like that after avoiding relegation by a joke technicality and making redundant all those good people doon firpark way.

But aye, I will be there, If its sunny, I will take the short walk down.

I'll make a sign saying "GIRUY SteveDiggle"

Aye thats it Kiddie Fiddler Utd, ask us not to bring up something that is outwith your control then have a dig at us over stuff we had no control over.

We're currently in the black, and have been for 6 out of the last 7 seasons. How's things looking over in the capital? The Ūkio Bankas account must be interesting reading at present, have they got you in the red or is it maroon shade to the tune of £20-30m.