Season Ticket Growth

MFC Supporters Advisory

Think the figures tell us that we have taken right actions re the future - of course not all the free ones will turn into paid ones in years to come but hopefully the ones who do become football season ticket holders do so at Fir Park. As for the now figures are less good. Having finiished 5th, had a cup semi and a day out in the metaphorical sun in May you would have expected more. But given the recession could we have done more? Nobody here knows that but we appear to have added some nice wee quirks to the ticket so its hard to say. But ICT was a better game than I remember at fir park last season and keep doing that and numbers will rise.

There might be a positive spin put on the season ticket sales, with the amount of free tickets passed out to the kids.

But, you know what, well done MFC for initiating incentives to replenish and grow the core support with young ones (the life blood of our future support )

:thumbup:

All they need now, is to help and endorse the young team with their atmosphere, flags and displays.

We're getting there. :yahoo:

So we now have 3,500 season ticket holders do we? I believe the official gate at the ICT match was given as 4,100. So if both of these reports are correct then it looks like we only had 600 pay cash at the gate punters including ICT supporters. Gates have been steadily falling at FP (and at other clubs) for years now and regularly the gates at FP last season were around the 4,000 mark so it is really very worrying that the club can now only manage to attract around 500 or so 'floating voters'.

I have not renewed my season ticket for the second consecutive year and last season I never went near FP after the home game against Aberdeen in September. I did however go to the opener this season against ICT and sat in the Cooper Stand with my mate (2 x £22!!!!) and we were astounded at the number of seats that had "Reserved for Season Ticket Holder" stickers on them in the area of the stand I went to when I arrived at around 2.45pm. We were even more astounded that the vast majority of these seats remained empty thereafter.dry.gif

I know its been said before but if football clubs don't look at dropping their admission prices and soon then the haemorrhaging of supporters will continue unabated. I went to Hamilton Park races on Saturday evening where the admission price was £14 and there were 6 races over 3 hours or so and the place was hoaching. IMO much better VFM. Scottish football needs to take heed and wise up and SPL clubs will really need to start drastically reducing players wages, players who are failing to put bums in seats and who quite frankly are amongst the worst in Europe.

so more season ticket holders year on year :popcorn:

prices up year on year :angry:

less people inside the ground year on year and less cash through averaged crowds :(

sure its great kids are being encouraged and those schemes should be maintained, but PATG prices and the general season ticket price for someone that will miss a couple of games is still too expensive

sad as for every few kids that might add to the income stream in the future , adults that have been paying in are lost forever

so more season ticket holders year on year :popcorn:

prices up year on year :angry:

less people inside the ground year on year and less cash through averaged crowds :(

sure its great kids are being encouraged and those schemes should be maintained, but PATG prices and the general season ticket price for someone that will miss a couple of games is still too expensive

sad as for every few kids that might add to the income stream in the future , adults that have been paying in are lost forever

who should we get rid of to fund these price cuts?

randolph

hateley

hammell

craigan

hutchison

lasley

jennings

humphrey

law

murphy

higdon

saunders

forbes

hollis

page

carswell

lawless

pollock

smith

mchugh

take your pick

if you don't like it you probably shouldn't go.

and if you do go then surely to fuck you should sit in the east and save those valuables poonds!

I have stopped going , down to maybe 15-20 games a season

and I do for the 10 or so that are at Fir Park

thanks for the advice.

edit: as for the players , I'll not have to choose who goes, it'll happen all by itself, in the meantime I'll enjoy the talent thats on show when I can, doesn't mean I can't be concerned about the future

I have stopped going , down to maybe 15-20 games a season

and I do for the 10 or so that are at Fir Park

thanks for the advice.

edit: as for the players , I'll not have to choose who goes, it'll happen all by itself, in the meantime I'll enjoy the talent thats on show when I can, doesn't mean I can't be concerned about the future

that was actually addressed to the prior moaner.

i can't understand how people can moan about prices when we're down to the utter bare bones. would you prefer we hadn't signed law and higdon but knocked a few quid off the price of a ticket?

No, not for the sake of a few quid I'd rather miss out on a few games and see a small but determined squad with the talent we have.

But the club seem to want more people through the gates

you continually defend the high current prices, do you believe it reasonable or value for money

I've no kids to support and looking at a month like December where I can make every game, sickens me that I'll probably have to pick and choose which to go to

in the ideal world , I'd earn shedloads more and so would another 5000 likeminded souls, but I'd still consider the price too high.

EDIT: and stipelsgod you're heading towards trafficlight status

I think football on the whole is too expensive, but agree that cutting admission prices unilaterally would unfortunately be suicide.

It's a catch 22 on a major scale.

The SPL as a whole need to share more of the football income. Work on initiatives together that will broaden the viewabilty and sellability of the game - joint initiatives and investment on playing surfaces. Increasing gates on TV games. Getting back to having healthy away supports to add to atmosphere etc etc.

These are all pipe dreams tho.

I think there's a point on both sides of the argument. Yip, football is too expensive (for the regular dude going to a game) but there's not a thing to be done to reverse it any time soon

Was saying it ironically, with the second part of my post being the serious part.

He is actually a god amongst midfielders. I genuinely don't know why Barcelona don't have their eyes on him. McCall is deluded to keep him on the bench.

No seriously, please fuck off

No, not for the sake of a few quid I'd rather miss out on a few games and see a small but determined squad with the talent we have.

But the club seem to want more people through the gates

you continually defend the high current prices, do you believe it reasonable or value for money

i think my season ticket is pretty good value.

everyone would like everything to be cheaper but you've got to be realistic. we're over achieving on a low bugdet right now and i don't see where we could make savings.

if we want a decent team on the park playing in the spl then fans are going to have to put their hands in their pocket, if not we'll end up like accies. would paying a 100 quid less a year for home games (a fiver off every match) be worth that?

Folk are having a decent conversation and you want to return to your finest hour (the one that caused you to flounce for 10 mins) for no real legitimate reason.

Stop being a c**t for fuck sake

I made a self referential comment, as a joke, and then proceeded to make a point below that, in the same comment, regarding the topic at hand.

I apologise for offending you, and my evidently horrific, and nonsensical attempt at self parody, of my ridiculous moment. (Not that I don't stand by my opinion of Forbes). I would say, however, that, in drawing more attention to the comment, you disrupted the conversation more than I did by adding a slight aside to my comment relevant to the thread.

*Swearing at you for effect*

I personally found my season ticket to be great value when I had it and it still is today to be fair. The only sickener was handing over the cash just after holidays, but hey, I did save up for it.

Sadly I had to give it up as I work at least 2 weekends a month and it's hard enough trying to swap a shift as a one off without needing swaps most weekends. So I try to get to the football as much as I can. I made about 15 - 20 games last year, home and away. I like to think that by going to the games when I can, buying a pie, buying some gear from the shop, I'm doing my wee bit to help the club survive.

But I know times are hard for everyone and when it comes to new shoes for the weans or going to the football, I know what I would pick. (The shoes, honest...:whistling: ) I think the powers at be in control of football maybe have to realise that, not so much the clubs or else we will have a great TV deal, but played in empty grounds.