Season Ticket Growth

MFC Supporters Advisory

Gave up my season ticket, missed most of last season due to stupid prices and a shit product. Not been to either game this season, and don't see it changing any time soon.

MFC have for too long ignored the PATG fan, in favour of bending over for season ticket holders, the ticketing shambles for the cup final was the last straw, It looked like they would have handed out tickets to a stray dog before a PATG fan.

The club can craw about the increase in ST's while ignoring the fact the crowds are shrinking, I only speak for myself, but I would hazard a guess I'm not the only former PATG fan who has given up going because of the deplorable way we are/were treated by the club.

I think the conversation has highlighted again, the opportunity for a more flexible ticket option for some folk.

A 12 ticket book - with a per march price between yer ST price and yer PATG price. To be used at any standard priced games.

That's a good idea, in theory. I know a few folk who could make, say, 12 games a season, but no more.

The issue is, which pay at the gate prices do you pick, or would you take an average? Because depending how it worked, in terms of averages, it would possibly work out cheaper (for the fan, and worse for the club) to get that ticket, and only use it for the 'bigger team' games, and then paying as you went for St Mirren etc, as opposed to buying a season ticket.

Or is there a "standard price"? I genuinely don't know, as I've not paid in for years.

Yip agreed a one person season ticket deal is a reasonable offer, on paper, but only if all the games can be attended ( edit: a flexible ticket solves a lot f these issues but could devalue the full ST)

I too have had ST's over various years but having missed a few games that I always expected to and then another couple due to match scheduling changes, it just didn't add up anymore, So I gave them up

This years increase might only have been a tenner (and the hidden discount reduction) but it just ensured those sums still didn't add up

the clubs done a great thing in the Wellevate scheme

it only benefits those with kids

and Steelboy I almost agree with you, but a fiver off every match ( £13 adult ) I think is the price that starts making the game more affordable, but like any of the initiatives clubs have tried it would have to be in place over an extended period of time to take effect and help return the culture of a matchday being an affordable experience week to week

but like SD says a few post up

Fuck of Stipel I mean :evilgrin: catch 22 for the club

and Moe you're not alone, almost exact same thoughts as me, having been on both sides of that fence

I think the conversation has highlighted again, the opportunity for a more flexible ticket option for some folk.

A 12 ticket book - with a per march price between yer ST price and yer PATG price. To be used at any standard priced games.

Certainly would be of interest to me. I'm pretty sure I've heard that Glasgow Rugby do the same thing where you can buy 5 or tickets for use over a period of time. And if I was to save a wee bit of cash, all's the better. Although, in my case, the money wasn't the issue.

My only concern would be that maybe those less desirable in society (OF Fans :evilgrin: ) would maybe club together and get tickets for their games a bit easier. But since they don't even sell-out, it wouldn't be that big a deal.

9%20Bannatyne.jpg

"I'm in."

if motherwell want to grow there fan base or secure a fan base for the future then im sorry but we are going to have to accept a hit in the pocket to make that happen. free season tickets for kids whos parents are season ticket holders is all very good and well, but us most of us know, we live if old scum heart land, and alot of the kids we are tying to targets parents are all tink suporters. if we want to buck that trend in the area then let the kids in for free for a season regardless of wither there parents are season ticket holders or not. some of the money lost would be recouped through the kiosk/ club shop and these kids will grow into paying adults.

madness some of you may say? well i havnt heard any other sugestions of any worth so far.

I'd be interested to know if the club keep track of the numbers of past juvenile season ticket holders and monitored what they've done once they've outgrown that juvenile ticket.

Have they got a Concessionary ST after moving into further education? Have they made the leap from juvenile to adult ticket? Have they fallen off the radar and are PATG or in a worst case have been priced out of going?

I remain of a mind that its a helluva of leap for some laddie used to paying £80 or whatever leaving school and finding low or modestly paid work suddenly finding the season ticket leaps around £200 in price.

It would be great if my concerns were misplaced and there is evidence of a progression from most younger season ticket holders but I do have worries that the progress being made and the money invested in getting new younger season ticket holders in, might be stalled or even lost if they find that leap between a juvi and adult ticket too big a bridge.

• Like 1

That's a good point actually. If I had to pay for an adult ticket this year, I wouldn't be able to afford the extra money until mid/late Autumn, and would have lost any value that a season ticket gives. It is a massive jump.

A Rangers fan and an Accies fan I know were both complaining that they can't get student season tickets. Does anyone know if we're relatively uncommon in having that option?

I'd be interested to know if the club keep track of the numbers of past juvenile season ticket holders and monitored what they've done once they've outgrown that juvenile ticket.

Have they got a Concessionary ST after moving into further education? Have they made the leap from juvenile to adult ticket? Have they fallen off the radar and are PATG or in a worst case have been priced out of going?

I remain of a mind that its a helluva of leap for some laddie used to paying £80 or whatever leaving school and finding low or modestly paid work suddenly finding the season ticket leaps around £200 in price.

It would be great if my concerns were misplaced and there is evidence of a progression from most younger season ticket holders but I do have worries that the progress being made and the money invested in getting new younger season ticket holders in, might be stalled or even lost if they find that leap between a juvi and adult ticket too big a bridge.

For a number of years I asked the same questions about what was being done to follow up on the give away tickets and cheap deal tickets for kids or parents and kids, to begin with I was told a pack of porkies, and after some pressing it boiled to down to the club was doing sod all, seemed they were only interested in boosting the numbers for particular games, to be honest I would be surprised if much has changed.

our season tickets are excellent value when you compare them with all the other clubs in the spl.

This year its even better, for me anyway, cos of the elevate scheme that means i can get my daughter her first season ticket. So basically saving that £50 meant i could afford mine this year

Only problem i have is i work a lot of saturdays and sunday evenings. So i only get to about 10 home games a year. Still find that having a season book encourages me to get to as many as i can.

what they are not tho, is excelllent value when you compare with other "entertainment packages"

for £225 you can get a cineworld card and watch as many films as you want every day

for £150 you can get a family of 4 season ticket for M+Ds and go every day it is open.

for £157.20 you can get a membership of all the swimming pools in south lanarkshire and go as often as you want.

etc etc

football in our country is simply overpriced but until we get better sponsorship deals/tv money there is no way the clubs can look at price reductions as they would never be able to remain competitive.....just look at how difficult it already is to keep our players against the lower leagues of engerland

LD had a good few minutes live with Chick on Radio Scotland at halftime:

2700 ST two years ago to 3500 this season, TV is part of football and changed KO days times just needs to be accepted but sympathy to fans that buy tickets and cant use them, she grew up going to football sat 3pm week in week out but its changed and have to accept it, talked to fans and do everything can to work with them on wellevate, payment scheme, reduced juvenile ST's etc

and at some point she threw in its time to stop talking about changes to help the game its time to make them!

very positive and received positively if all too briefly in studio

( on a personal note, and trying not to take away from all the good the club is doing, there seems to be absolutely no inclinitation within our club or elsewhere to promote PATG situation for fans and on that note , year on year I still see no improvement and folk drifting away from the game, so these kids better fekin hang about in the average 5-10 years they have as adults with no kids and working any hours they can to get by)