There's A New Book A-Coming

fatcalf

Is this written by you MJ?

Must say, enjoyed the previous books so I might find this one an interesting read.

Never got hold of Saturday is Service Day so i'll give this one a nosey.

Does anyone have a spare copy of that book by the way? smile.gif

I've contributed but there have been plenty others involved. Mainly a pictorial book, full colour, 200 pages worth but plenty stories from other folk, sections about fashions from the early days until now, rave scene, holiday snaps, everything we could get our hands on that tell a story of our time.

Service Day sold out long ago but there may be a reprint in the offing if this one does well enough.

I've contributed but there have been plenty others involved. Mainly a pictorial book, full colour, 200 pages worth but plenty stories from other folk, sections about fashions from the early days until now, rave scene, holiday snaps, everything we could get our hands on that tell a story of our time.

Service Day sold out long ago but there may be a reprint in the offing if this one does well enough.

I think it would be safe to assume that a book of this variety will not be available from official outlets? evilgrin.gif

Sure this offering will be of the same high quality as the rest of your back catalogue. Put me down for a copy please!

• Like 1

Us luddites getting to read about it anywhere else that doesnt require a facebook account :whistling:

I'm the same. I'm not registered on those things ( I know nothing about them ) and just got a log in page. So I'm trusting the author's word about the book, though I shall be keeping my receipt :P

By the way, Brazilian, is there a player sponsorship this season, or have we missed the boat there?

Us luddites getting to read about it anywhere else that doesnt require a facebook account :whistling:

Apologies, until t'other day I was same as you but had to register for the purposes of the book. Didn't realise that was hw it worked. It just gives you a synopsis and some images, I'll paste the synopsis for you but don't ask for the images. :rolleyes:

DRESSERS.

This book chronicles some of the huge social history changes that affected the working class youth of the early 80's.

Either on the terraces or the dance floor, in Italian sportswear or baggy rave gear, this all happened against the backdrop

of a working class steel-making town 10 miles from the city of Glasgow.

It tells about the rise of one of Scotland's original 80's casuals groups, of their Saturday afternoon exploits in towns and

cities the length and breadth of the country, with the accompanying photos, newspaper articles and above all the recollections

of those who were there….. With most lads being active for nearly 8 years getting arrested at football games and the threat of

jail-time a real possibility in the early 90's, salvation came to a large number hooligans in the form a little pill and the explosion

of Scotland's rave and club scene. The Millennium introduced a new generation of young males eager to pick up where their predecessors had left off.

More than 2 years in the making, 3 nervous breakdowns

25 personal accounts of featured events, over 200 pages, all in full fucking colour (never been done before),

45 fashion pages, over 500 photographs, 75 designer labels, umpteen spelling mistakes,

25 scrapbook pages, 78 pairs

of training shoes, 8000 shapes thrown on the dancefloor and so much raving

that your adidas Gazelles had holes in them........Enjoy!!