Trust Fans Forum Returns With Mccall And Craigan

MST

Motherwell Supporters Trust is delighted to announce a the return of its Fans Forum event for Season 2011/2012. We will be hosting this exclusive Trust members event at Fir Park's Centenary Suite on Thursday 1st September. This will be the first opportunity for Motherwell fans to quiz manager Stuart McCall and he will also be joined by club captain Stephen Craigan. The doors open at 7pm for what promises to be a lively and engaging night with the Annual General Meeting starting at 7.30pm. The bar will be open and a good night in the company of 'Well fans is guaranteed.

Our guests will discuss a mixture of pre-selected questions (email them to fansforum@mstonline.net) on the burning football topics of the day, followed by an open forum where the audience will be able to pose their own questions directly. Scottish Sun sports journalist and lifelong Motherwell fan Andy Devlin will return as our host for the evening.

The Fans Forum follows the Trust's Annual General Meeting, as a result, this will be a Trust members only event. As ever you will be able to renew your membership on the night or sign up for the first time. The Trust's membership fee for this season is just £10, while young 'Well fans under 16 can join the Trust for free. We continue to offer our members pack including a copy of An Evening with Tam Cowan DVD and Trust keyring but by joining you'll by adding your voice to the largest Motherwell supporter's organisation and supporting Motherwell's youth development.

• 2 weeks later...

Just read it again and realised its a trust members only night. Oh well numbers will continue to drop in that case

I thought for these events, if you are a non-Trust member, they let you pay an 'entrance fee' and that fee covers the cost of joining the Trust too.

Just read it again and realised its a trust members only night. Oh well numbers will continue to drop in that case

It does say you can join on the night....

The Fans Forum follows the Trust's Annual General Meeting, as a result, this will be a Trust members only event. As ever you will be able to renew your membership on the night or sign up for the first time. The Trust's membership fee for this season is just £10

Last few years it has been £3 to get in or £5 to join this year its a Tenner. Not really worth it imo

The Annual General Meeting has always been a members only night, albeit this time we have the added incentive of the Fans Forum with the gaffer and the captain.

We've been working hard to improve what we offer to our members. We've introduced a Supporters Pack for all new members, started to produce a regular member's newsletter, improved the level of communication with members and continued to offer free or reduced entry to all events. We're working on some additional add ons for the rest of the season as well. All in all it's a pretty comprehensive package and towards the lower end of what other Trust's charge. Ultimately any excess funds that come into the Trust will go towards community projects, improvements to stadium facilities or youth development.

More than happy to discuss any ideas on what would make it worth the tenner.

On the turnout at the events, we have really upped our game on advertising over the past few months. For the 1991 Fans Forum; we handed out 2,000 flyers, had articles on the official site, stv local & the supporters sites and were featured in the Wishaw Press and Hamilton Advertiser. We'll be leafleting again on Sunday, have an article in the programme and are already all over the websites. I can only hope that people see these efforts and make the decision to come along.

If we are missing a trick on how to get the numbers up, we want to know.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick reminder that this event takes place this Thursday evening, you can join the Trust on the night or renew for the season at just a tenner. You'll also get half price entry to Stand Up for the Motherwell, a Supporters Pack, regular email updates and a host of other benefits. Remeber that under 16s can join us on the night absolutely free.

It's a great opportunity to find out more about McCall's plans for the rest of the season and next year's European campaign! The captain will also be there to answer your questions. You can still submit your questions to fansforum@mstonline.net until Wednesday evening but there will be plenty of time on the night once the roving mic is up and running.

I'm not involved in the Trust anymore, but I'm pretty disappointed by the response to this.

Both the Fans Forum Nights and the Sixes Tournaments have always been well-run and well-enjoyed events, yet every year they come round there's a vibe that folk aren't that interested. Anyone who has been before has always enjoyed it but then it dwindles for the following year.

I'm looking forward to tonight and hope it gets the turnout that it deserves.

Won't make it tonight as I'm working however I've been to the last few and I would urge anyone not doing much tonight to head along. Well worth the entrance fee and a rare chance to hear shit from the horses mouth. I've found every panel member to be open and honest almost as if speaking 'off the record', pretty interesting stuff.

Really enjoyed the night last night. I get the impression McCall would have talked forever and he seemed really comfortable in the situation. A good bit of banter between the two and they seemed to discuss anything that was asked pretty openly. The turn out was moderate but the night deserved more though the questions kept flowing.