St Mirren (A) 13th August

DEWELL

If Hutchinson is back i would probably shift Saunders to right back with Hateley into midfield, if not would start Carswell ahead of Forbes as he never did much wrong in the games he featured in towards the back end of last season.

Pretty much the best option, although I wonder about playing Higdon in the holding midfield role and maybe trying Gary Smith up front with Murphy.

Let's see how the St Midden defence cope with 2 pacy strikers running at them.

If Hutchinson is back i would probably shift Saunders to right back with Hateley into midfield, if not would start Carswell ahead of Forbes as he never did much wrong in the games he featured in towards the back end of last season.

+1. I'm not a big fan of Hately in the midfield, but he's the best option for cover at the moment.

Pretty much the best option, although I wonder about playing Higdon in the holding midfield role and maybe trying Gary Smith up front with Murphy.

I thought Higdon looked pretty handy in the last 5 minutes when he moved into midfield.

Hutchinson will definitely be back in if he's fit. I am undecided, I think Forbes deserves a chance but alongside Jennings isn't the most mobile. I think shifting Hateley and Saunders might upset the balance too much.

At least the suspension is coming in an area we do have cover for.

I'm actually really expecting us to struggle against St Mirren. The pace that their front 4-5 is playing at is pretty remarkable. They're pushing very, very high up the park and choking the game from the front allowing them to continually attack and keep teams pinned back.

Either we go over the top of them and hope Higdon wins plenty up the park, or just go for it and hope we can outplay them.

Only bonus is that Jimmy Floyd is also suspended and he appears to be there main threat. Must say though i was more confident of winning today than next week,they're playing some really good football but i think if Law,Murph and Humph are on there game we'll sneak it and stay top.

I'm with Finlay, Hearts two best chances came through Saunders mistakes (to be fair he hasn't been used much).

Hutch into centre half

Hateley where he is

Forbes on - Carswell to replace when his engine inevitably runs out

Saunders onto right back and Hateley to defensive midfield at the expense of a striker if we're defending a lead

10 points from 12, job done.

I'm with Finlay, Hearts two best chances came through Saunders mistakes (to be fair he hasn't been used much).

Hutch into centre half

Hateley where he is

Forbes on - Carswell to replace when his engine inevitably runs out

Saunders onto right back and Hateley to defensive midfield at the expense of a striker if we're defending a lead

10 points from 12, job done.

Hutchy had a couple of shockers against ICT that would have led to goals if they had a competent striker. After a shaky start I thought Saunders came on to a decent game today. Not much between the pair of them.

Higdon in holding midfield is madness, he's a terrific target man. With Law Murphy and Humphrey running off him that's enough pace to be going with.

Would keep the same line up and formation as today, hutch in for Saunders if he's fit, and either carrwell or Forbes in for Lasley. Will be interesting to see how Forbes would do in Lasleys attacking midfield role with Jenning sitting behind him giving him some license to roam. The guys got a good pass and shot on him, hope he gets to use it. Carswell looked solid too though so either or.

If we can't outplay St Mirren I'll be handing in my season ticket. The scoreline is a different matter. Would maybe take a draw but a win would send out a message of posts.

Hutchy had a couple of shockers against ICT that would have led to goals if they had a competent striker. After a shaky start I thought Saunders came on to a decent game today. Not much between the pair of them.

I'm convinced Hutch would put himself/his heid infront of anything. Not intended as a criticism as such but I'm not sure I have the same belief in Saunders. Hutch would appear to be, at this stage in his young career, utterly fearless.