St Mirren (A) 13th August

DEWELL

A bit off topic but do you know if you need tickets for this game or can you buy them at the ground. Cheers

you'll be able to buy tickets at the ground mate i think they start selling them at 2 oclock

Really don't understand why people are wanting to tamper with the team and move Law and Murphy. Law has been outstanding so far this season and plays well down the left why switch him to the middle? That means sticking Murphy wide left where he is largely wasted, surely the way he has started this season as a striker folk would be desperate to keep him up top.:huh:

He wasn't great against Killie but both times he's played with Higdon he's scored, we've won and may I also add Law set up both Murphy's goals from wide where he should stay in my opinion.

For me I'm not one of Forbes major critics and feel he deserves a run in the team I can't help but feel a midfield of Him and Jennings would be a bit immobile. For me I would keep things as is stick young Carswell in(I've only seen him play once at Tyncastle and he didn't put a foot wrong and he's more mobile than Forbes) and Hutch if fit but apart from that keep as is.

Don't mess with a winning formula unless necessary.

Randolph

Saunders-----hutch-----craigan-----hammel

Law-----jennings-----hateley

Humphrey---------------------------------Murphy

Higdon

can't see that team happening but i think it would be fairly decent with law having free roam as he did when black was sent packing

another option i feel is -

Randolph

hateley-----hutch-----craigan-----hammel

humphrey-----law-----jennings-----pollock

higdon-----murphy

think the 433 would be the best formation as it includes our best players available , IF we are able to play that formation as im not sure if we have played it recently

I can't decide who I want to fill Lasley's boots really. My first instinct was to move Hateley into the middle, and shift Saunders to right back with Hutchy returning, but Hateley had a superb game yesterday at right back and it may be stupid to move him.

I then thought Forbes. As you all know I'm a big fan of Forbes, but I don't think a midfield two of Jennings and Forbes can cover the ground Lasley does. I also wouldn't want to move Law inside, as although he had some good games on the left last year, Murphy upfront is more effective than Murphy out wide. Carswell is always an option too.

I think I would go with plan A and grudingly move Hateley.

I think it would be criminal to move Hateley. In the two home games he has been the perfect foil for Humphrey and in doing that he has meant that the tackle of simply doubling up on Humphrey is less effective. I don't think Saunders has that attacking foil in him and as such don't fancy that rejig much.

St Mirren will have watched Hearts yesterday and they will know if they clog up the middle they will keep us quiet. Hearts did that incredibly well until fannybaws got sent off and they will know that doing the same and keeping their discipline will see them OK. Carswell I think is the one I would pop for because I think he has a little more dig but if Forbes comes in I'll not be gutted.

I would be amazed if St Mirren win their appeal on the red card and assuming they don't we'll find it much easier to replace Lasley than they will Hasselbaink.

Only bonus is that Jimmy Floyd is also suspended and he appears to be there main threat. Must say though i was more confident of winning today than next week,they're playing some really good football but i think if Law,Murph and Humph are on there game we'll sneak it and stay top.

Didn't he retire years ago? :whistling:

My question would be are St Mirren really as good as people are making them out to be? They got a point at Utd but then Utd are pretty shite this year. Other than that they drew with Dunfermline & beat the Sheep & as far as i can make out that's 2 points dropped as anyone would be disappointed at not taking full points from at home to the Sheep & anywhere against Dunfermline.

Didn't he retire years ago? :whistling:

My question would be are St Mirren really as good as people are making them out to be? They got a point at Utd but then Utd are pretty shite this year. Other than that they drew with Dunfermline & beat the Sheep & as far as i can make out that's 2 points dropped as anyone would be disappointed at not taking full points from at home to the Sheep & anywhere against Dunfermline.

Very much inclined to go with this.

This is where I think some of Mr McCalls' best work is currently being done at the moment... He's boxing clever by not shouting from the rooftops as we have media overload on St Midden as a 'footballing' entity of Falkirk proportions - they peddled that for long and weary and I don't think any in our support were fooled as to that particular myth either.

Yes, they have signed a higher calibre of player than they are used to, at what cost? To sniff the gusset of the top six? Risky strategy? No better chance with poorer squads around them. Time will tell. Doubt many on this board would have any of their squad make our first eleven.

1 nil in our favour will do me :nod: Do that each week and the league is ours Buleev!

• Like 1

Very much inclined to go with this.

This is where I think some of Mr McCalls' best work is currently being done at the moment... He's boxing clever by not shouting from the rooftops as we have media overload on St Midden as a 'footballing' entity of Falkirk proportions - they peddled that for long and weary and I don't think any in our support were fooled as to that particular myth either.

Yes, they have signed a higher calibre of player than they are used to, at what cost? To sniff the gusset of the top six? Risky strategy? No better chance with poorer squads around them. Time will tell. Doubt many on this board would have any of their squad make our first eleven.

1 nil in our favour will do me :nod: Do that each week and the league is ours Buleev!

Darren McGregor over Craggs....

Like the look of Hasselbaink so far but don't know if he would be a starter for us although Law, Murphy, Hasselbaink and Humphrey would be a pretty frightening attack.

I didn't think we'd make it 3 clean sheets in a row against Hearts but we did it, and I can't see St Mirren scoring against us without Hasslebank. With the quality we've got in midfield/up front we're capable of getting at least a goal, thus I can see us running out 1-0 winners.

Actually I'm gonna stick £10 on 1-0 to us, Murphy to score!

Sadly, St Mirren will have hasselbaink playing because they'll win their appeal. :wallbash: It was never a red card, yellow at most as it wasn't an elbow in the face intending to injure the player it was an arm across the body trying to guard the ball and it was non-intentional. dry.gif Still If big John Sutton, Rudi Skacel, andy Driver, Ryan stevenson and David templeton couldn't get passed us then we have nothing to worry about :thumbup: unless Hutch isn't playing and it's saunders again :doh: But knowing McCall, he'll probably switch it over to Page for match time if Hutch is still out.

From hearing the chat about it beforehand I expected to see some huge miscarriage of justice, but i've watched it plenty times now and i don't get why folk are complaining...he pretty clearly and deliberately swings his arm round behind him with force. Some ref's wouldn't have given it and some ref's would, but there's been no shocking decision there!! No way it will be overturned.

Hassebaink scored 3 times for Accies in 27 games. He's a decent enough player, but so are most strikers in the SPL.

Inevitably, a striker for another team will score a goal against us. It's no big deal. I'm sure St. Mirren are worried about Higdon and Murphy and I'm more confident they will score than Hasselbaink (even if he does win his appeal).

After reading the Pie and Bovril thread for this game I'm changing my prediction. We are going to get pumped.

They are an amazing team full of world class English Premier league International Superstars............... seemingly.

My god they are honestly a bunch of complete nuggets.

I seriously hope we burst there bubble at the weekend.

From hearing the chat about it beforehand I expected to see some huge miscarriage of justice, but i've watched it plenty times now and i don't get why folk are complaining...he pretty clearly and deliberately swings his arm round behind him with force. Some ref's wouldn't have given it and some ref's would, but there's been no shocking decision there!! No way it will be overturned.

My thoughts exactly.

It's not a blatant red card but it's pretty obvious why he was sent off, and I fail to understand the uproar about it from the Saints fans. I don't for a second believe the appeal will be successful.