St Mirren (A) 13th August

DEWELL

My usual pesimistic work mate has been rather boyant over recent weeks and was tipping St Midden for a top 6 finish. He just stood up and said to me: -

"Get your money on St Mirren to finish 2nd or 3rd bottom this season, Darren McGregor is out for 9 months. Congratulations on your win this Saturday"

He will be a major loss for them.

That is a sore one for them.

I've only seen St Mirren in their opening game at East End Park. While the hype seems to be around their passing game I was impressed with their work rate off the ball, giving a poor Dunfermline team absolutely no time on the ball.

Think this could be 1-0 either way.

Appeals are generally always heard before next game now. I agree with jay and al b. I'd have sent him off for that - remember the appeal that clarkson didn't win at celtic (or we didn't make because we were advised it was futile)? This is the same but worse.

Hassebaink scored 3 times for Accies in 27 games. He's a decent enough player, but so are most strikers in the SPL. Inevitably, a striker for another team will score a goal against us. It's no big deal. I'm sure St. Mirren are worried about Higdon and Murphy and I'm more confident they will score than Hasselbaink (even if he does win his appeal).

:nod:

Aye but im sure I read somewhere that they should find out before the game. The rule is a joke imo , if they launch an appeal it should be looked at asap by the SPL so that they cant use the player in the next game if the red card is not overturned.

That's what they do now.

Can any1 shed light on the Tikit situation, can you pay at the gate or is it it ticket only?? A know sometimes at st mirren u buy a ticket at their office then go t the turnstile, which is usually chaos!!

its ticket only mate due to the turnstyles they have down there youll be able yo buy them on they day i think they start selling them from about 2 oclock.your right about it sometimes being chaos everytime ive been to st mirrens new ground theyve only ever had 1 turnstyle open at the far end of the stand

Anyone know if there are student prices for the game?

According to Saints fans on Pie & Bovril there are student prices, they just don't tell you that on the Buddies website for some reason (maybe hoping you'll just pay full whack without bothering to ask).