St Mirren (A) 13th August

DEWELL

Rumours are rife about this game getting called off.

Where? :blink:

Even Pie & Bovril, which is full of St Mirren fans, hasn't the slightest mention of the game being in any doubt. In fact, the only mention there's been of it has been a couple of them saying there's no chance it'll be off.

As far as I know, the pitch can't flood unless the drains break or block. There's a big massive pond-type thing behind the stand that all the excess water from the pitch runs into. Will be sodden, and may well affect the quality of the game, but it will be on.

What is the reason the game "is in doubt"? Which in all fairness i cannot see any reason why the game should be in doubt.

It isn't in doubt, that's the point. The only mentions I've seen of the game possibly being postponed (which, I'm assuming, would be for the rain) have been the two or three posts on this thread and that's it.

As it stands, there's absolutely no reason to believe the game isn't going to be on.

Only passing on the 'Rumour' that i got. Let's not fall out about it :doh:

It's a discussion about whether or not there's any truth behind these rumours. Who's falling out about anything? Or have I completely missed something... :blink:

If the rain keeps up it very well might end up being off, but there's absolutely no doubt amongst the Saints fans that this game will be on and I reckon that's as good a sign as any.

thinking of trying to wangle some times around to make this game

and have the added motivation that its Chicks wee team and he reckons Danny Lennon should get manager of the month

thats the manger of St Mirren who have 2 draws Utd and Pars and 1 win v Aberdeen ( the leagues whipping boys :yahoo: ) and have only scored 2 but conceded 1

I try not to rise to his chunder, but the man is a :wank:

It'll be the usual setup I assume - buy a ticket from the wee window about 20 yards up from the turnstyle.

cheers Jay, I've heard about the wee window from past games, the assumption bit is the concern :huh:

But if I get there and there is no wee window it'll give something to moan about B-)

Take it there are no student prices on Saturday then?

According to Saints fans on Pie & Bovril there are student prices, they just don't tell you that on the Buddies website for some reason (maybe hoping you'll just pay full whack without bothering to ask).

Read the thread mate :doh:

• Like 2

And so the stereotype of students being too lazy to even scroll through a thread and/or unable to read continues to be reinforced.

And no, I'm not bitter just because I had to work a summer job to buy my non-discounted season ticket when I was a student.

cheers Jay, I've heard about the wee window from past games, the assumption bit is the concern :huh:

:lol: Good point, although when I say "I assume" I actually mean "it will be same system as it always is, I just don't want to commit to saying that on the extremely small chance they change it for no apparent reason". :whistling:

Swithering whether to go or not. Money being the main reason but also because 1) for some reason I hate St Mirren, 2) the view from behind the goals is shite and 3) I've yet to see us play well at this ground let alone win!!!

The team are playing some great stuff just and I said before the Hearts game that if we won that I would definately be going to St Mirren.....

I wonder how we'll cope without Lasley. He has been in great form. Our thread bare squad is going to be tested without one of it's key players early on, but you could argue that everyone of our starting 11 is a key player considering there isn't a single tried and tested replacement for any position!!

St Mirren, if you listen to Chick Young are going to finish 3rd this season. Absolute keech! But they have signed some good players in Teale, McGowan, Thompson.

That said I will be disappointed if we emerge with anything less than a point.

It'll be the usual setup I assume - buy a ticket from the wee window about 20 yards up from the turnstyle.

I phoned St Midden earlier just to double check and the away end ticket office opens at one o'clock.