St Mirren (A) 13th August

DEWELL

Stmirren were all style and no substance only had 2 chances of note, and didn't make use of the possession they had.

I said on the way out, we probably didn't deserve the 3 points, but as my dad said, neither did they.

3 or 4 really good saves from Samson. Good to see is creating chances! Humphrey was quiet, and higdon had a frustrating day!

Anybody got a video of the post match sing song? Won't get that song out my head all night!

Just interested to know what those who were there made of the formation change to 4-3-3 as reported to the BBC before the game by McCall.

Was that responsible for St. Mirren's 1st half dominance? Did they play well, us poor? Or are they just a better team than they were last season and everyone has underestimated them?

Love to speak to Chick Young and advise him his prediction for Danny Lennon for August Manager of the Month is long gone.

4 games in, no goals conceded, 10 out of 12 points, there's yer dinner!

St MIrren dominated us? :huh:

Strange game in a lot of ways - well chuffed with the result, but not the best of performances from us.

The Midden looked comfortable on the ball, but IMO they looked poor up front - caused us a bit of hassle with cross balls in the 1st half (anything could have been happening the 2nd, but murder to judge whether close shaves or not from our seats) but I can't remember Darren Randolph having to make any match winning saves.

For all that it wasn't the best we've played, their keeper had a superb game and kept Midden in the game.

Get back to the football on the deck and push men forward, and we'll take the Buns - maybe a wee spell on the bench for Chris as he was anonymous today (thought he looked fairly tired)

Plaudits for Law and Forbes - felt they chased and harried all day.

MON RA DOSSERS

Just in... They've had 1 shot on target all day for all this mythical free flowing footy! We had Samson pull off 3 or 4 save in the first half and stung his hands from Forbes effort. He never got near the one that mattered - que the wild scenes from both players and fans which I don't think I've seen before. Ground it out as the good teams can, win 1 nil every week and we're champions Buleev!

Thought we were pretty poor in all honesty, first half pretty even but second seemed pretty much Saints passing it about, us clearing, saints coming back at us.

Very little stuck up front today with Murohy and in particularly Hunphrey having a mare.

Defence was solid and whilst I agree Forbes had a good game the midfield on the whole were posted missing for large spells of the game.

The free kick reminded me very much of in Odense in position and the result was the same- bedlam behind the goals. Would love to see the last few mins from someone in the crowds point of view, it was rocking.

All in all, it's these kind of results which are the mark of good teams and, dare I say it.... Champions.

Where you the guy in front of me who out his boy thru then the steward wanted you to go back and buy another ticket?

No but I went through the turnstile next to him and just kept walking. Walked to the stadium with a st mirren fan and he said their stewards are the worst in spl. Try to get the away fans to sit down until the ugly sisters come and they bottle it.

That was a fantastic three points, if a little undeserved! yes the home side had more possession and territory, but Randy had one healf-hearted save to make, whereas Samson made about five great stops. We were a little slack at times, but we defended superbly, especially in front of goal. Hateley's free kick was a peach, and what a celebration when it went in!

Still top after four games, and for me the best stat is no goals against. If we keep that sort of defending up we'll do very well.

Delighted with that result. What a strike by TH.

Not overly enamoured with the performanc mind you. Some nice stuff played but St's and they had a lot of possesion. Our forward three where poor altogh we did create 4 or 5 good chances

Humphrey was rotten, looks injured and should have been pulled after bout 60 mins, if we had anyone else to bring on of course. Higdon wasnt allowed to play by Brines and seemed scared to take the ball into his feet and hold up play, his second touch was nearly a tackle every time. Murphy was wasted out wide left, the FB had him pegged that he was going to cut inside every time and cut out the supply very well.

Nicky Law was the pick of the midfield, should have scored in the first half after being 1-1 with samson but both Craggs and Hutch were immense. Won everything in the air and there blocks and clearing headers where tremendous.

Mention also to Forbes, had a solid game and very rarely gave possesion way. Also his rasper of a strike would have been a beauty if Samson hadnt got a hand to it. Defo justified his incusion bnut as a few folk mentioned previously the lack of mobility with him and Jenno was pretty obvious to see when it came to closing play down.

Great support through today. Wellboys where top class again.

All in all a very good result and delighted to be the first to beat that mob.

Sums it up for me.

Didn't think it was the best of games to be honest and I was convinced from about 20 minutes in, like I was at Rugby Park, it had 0-0 all over it. Delighted to be proved wrong. Pure bedlam at the end on and off the park. Magic.

More than makes up from the brain rattling pain that was Higdon's bobbled winner at Fir Park a few months back. Today would have hurt MUCH more :laugh:

I haven't read the full thread, but I'd agree totally with whoever said it, that St. Mirren dominated us...and I'd say for the vast majority of the game.

For me, was only ever going to be a 0-0 or 1-0 to St.Mirren the way the game was going...so for us to snatch it when we did and in the manner we did, I must admit to going a bit nuts in the main stand...!!

Fantastic winner!! :yahoo: . We could only sing WE SHALL NOT BE MOVED twice before the blundering and blatently crap Ian Brines blew for full time. When the ball hit the net i was watching Brines as he was so bad i was expecting a foul against Higdon for looking at the ball going in. :laugh: . Yes a tremendous 3 points but dear oh dear our tactics in away games dont make for pleasant viewing. Humphries shouldn't play in away games as we should be 4-4-2 with Forbes aiding to the midfield instead of the Hump ambling up and down aimlessly for the full 90 minutes(how the feck he wasn't hooked is as big a mystery as area 51 to me) a man short the whole game. We need to work on Murphy and Higdon playing closer together as Higdon's knockdowns were running harmlessly away. On the positive wasn't Big Hutchie and Craigan superb and good performances from Hately,Law,Forbes and as usual Hammell. So all in all a lot to happy about and the wild celebrations from players and fans at the winner with remain with all who were there for a long while. :yahoo:

Cant believe there's moans and groans about st mirren dominating us? the old firm have done this to the likes of us for years...goals in the last minute etc.....we are top of the league....We welcome the chase :) end of!! :)

Exactly, champions grind out performances against the wee teams. :lol: