We Are Going To Finish 3rd This Season

pingu

We lose two games in a period we usually take no points from and the folk on here claim we're pish wallbash.gif

Lets face it, the teams we've lost to are Celtic, rangers, Hearts and St Johnstone. Two of which, no one is expected to beat every game. Hearts are, and have been, our closest rivals in the league, for a few seasons now and every team loses to a bottom six club. The fact that it was a bottom six club who are in fourth place that beat us will put no salt in our wounds, considering we demolished them at Perth!

Wait until the end of February to decide where we will end up. Heck, a win on saturday could send us into a wee winning streak.

Just calm yer beans!

Far too soon to tell. We need to see where we stand depth-wise after the transfer window closes. The SPL is a long, hard season and if we have to be throwing 19 year olds into the team in January then we can expect some inconsistency.

Great to get some early points on the board, though. It's a much easier game when your winning.

Quoted For Truth :whistling:

Cards on the table, defeats at Tynecastle and Ibrox haven't changed my opinion that we'll finish third.

Those results didn't change my opinion of us finishing third either. Our dropped points against the likes of St Mirren & Kilmarnock, and further dropped points against sides who will finish below us in the table will cost us third place.

Hopefully a result against Queens Park at the weekend will boost morale and kickstart some decent home form, as wins against the likes of Inverness & Dunfermline are needed in my opinion.

How many games have we lost at home this season out of interest.

Our home record at present is nine home league games played, three wins, three draws and three defeats.

The reason why some people (including me) are bringing up our home form is because since we beat Aberdeen over three months ago we haven't managed to win in four games. We've lost to Celtic & St Johnstone, and drawn with St Mirren & Kilmarnock.

The loss to Celtic is fair enough I guess, but if we are looking at still being in the top four by the end of the season we need to be winning games against the likes of Kilmarnock & St Mirren.

If we keep dropping points at home to sides like that we won't maintain our league position, it's as simple as that.

• Like 1

Our home record at present is nine home league games played, three wins, three draws and three defeats.

The reason why some people (including me) are bringing up our home form is because since we beat Aberdeen over three months ago we haven't managed to win in four games. We've lost to Celtic & St Johnstone, and drawn with St Mirren & Kilmarnock.

The loss to Celtic is fair enough I guess, but if we are looking at still being in the top four by the end of the season we need to be winning games against the likes of Kilmarnock & St Mirren.

If we keep dropping points at home to sides like that we won't maintain our league position, it's as simple as that.

there was also the draw with dundee utd which giving the weather conditions wasnt a bad point but i totally agree our home form needs to improve if were to stay in 3rd place

The thing is, our home form is ok (result wise) on an average season. A Full calendar and only 3 defeats. The problem for our home form is our away form has been "too" good.

We'll be top 4 by the end of the season, as there are not 4 teams better than us - or likely to go on a mammoth run of results (something I actually think we could do).

i see where you're coming from but looking at our rivals i think we should be able to keep our noses in front of them. hearts look dangerous just now but that's probably just due to the window being open.

we just need to add a bit of variety to our game, playing teams for the 3rd time they tend to have a better idea of how to cope with each other. mccall needs to give our opponents something different to think about.

I genuinely think a lot of people have far too high an expectation of our squad. We are over achievIng currently. Just enjoy it!

Saying we should be winning at home against the likes of St Mirren & Kilmarnock isn't too high an expectation in my opinion.

Those are the kind of teams we should be beating at home.

That's the viewpoint of a Man U or a Real Madrid or an OF fan.

Sure it would be great to win all these games and it would be great to go into these games as a fan with a high level of optimism and right now we do.

But when you start to 'expect' it then you're just the same as those other odious c***s that have litle respect for the fundamental point that its 11 vs 11.

Trust me, following Motherwell means you don't "expect" anything. What I'm saying is, if we want to finish in the top four we have to be beating those kind of teams at home. Dropped points against those sides will see us slip down the table, as clubs like Hearts and Dundee United have far bigger squads who can cope with the inevitable injuries and suspensions we all deal with as the season goes on.

My expectations & hopes are the same every season. A top six finish with a possible run at a European spot, and a decent cup run.

Speaking of European spots, does anyone know what positions in the table will qualify for the Europa this season?

Trust me, following Motherwell means you don't "expect" anything. What I'm saying is, if we want to finish in the top four we have to be beating those kind of teams at home. Dropped points against those sides will see us slip down the table, as clubs like Hearts and Dundee United have far bigger squads who can cope with the inevitable injuries and suspensions we all deal with as the season goes on.

Why? Have Hearts and Dundee United not lost to these kind of teams this season?

Also, on Dundee United, they don't have a squad to cater for their current injury problems, one of the most overrated squads in the last 5 years of Scottish Football.

Speaking of European spots, does anyone know what positions in the table will qualify for the Europa this season?

As mentioned previously. 3rd and 4th + Scottish Cup Winners (or Runner Up/5th depending on winner of Cup)

Does anyone know when Cillian Sheridans loan from CSKA Sofia expires? With sandaza saying hes looking to move and if sheridan was only at saints for 6months they could fall back and struggle to find goals in the second half of the season..fingers crossed.

Does anyone know when Cillian Sheridans loan from CSKA Sofia expires? With sandaza saying hes looking to move and if sheridan was only at saints for 6months they could fall back and struggle to find goals in the second half of the season..fingers crossed.

Dunno about Sheridan, with only 4 goals to his name this season, he's hardly been winning many games for them. Sandaza would be the blow if there is to be one. 9 league goals and 3 cup. But despite this, they seem to be pretty sound for cover up front.

Hearts would be screwed if they were to be forced to cash in on a couple players. In midfield and defence, they're safe with plenty of options. But upfront they could struggle.

I would say we're pretty safe! For experience of first team action, we lack in number but for half decent quality I think we've got plenty! If we needed to use our reserve players, I honestly think they could adapt pretty quickly. With players like Forbes, Smith, Lawless, Mchugh, Clancy, Pollock, Carswell and Page on the bench & Saunders making a quick recovery, I'm certainly looking forward to the next few weeks. And for the players I haven't seen play - Devlin (post recovery), ZFA, Ojamaa, McGachie etc - they all seem to be pretty promising and likely to break into the first team next season or the following. Of course, our defence is our weakness at the moment and will be for the remainder of the season.

Still think we'll remain in third place for the remainder of the season!