U/19S 2011/12

Noah Dosser

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

M'well 19s 1 - 1 St Mirren at Bathgate today.

Fairly even 1st half.

2nd half Saints scored 1st from poorly defended corner, thereafter Well in command and equalised through Moore.

Game really picked up last 15 -20 mins and could easily have gone either way.

Pat on the back to both sides for an entertaining afternoon.

• 2 weeks later...

Fucking baltic I was watching that....

Horrendous conditions to play a football match in and it says it all that the bounce game between Hivs and Paisley Saints on the next pitch was called off just before kick-off.

Lee Erwin led the line well, and this was easily the best I've seen him play this season, we seemed to be a wee bit short on numbers in midfield at times but as mentioned above it was admirable that they stuck to the task against a decent Hibs side, although I cant say any of their boys stuck out particularly. Downside for me was the three goals that were lost as I felt they were all avoidable and thats been a bit of a trademark this season.

p.s. the facility Hivs have at Tranent is top fucking notch

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The U/19's posted another fine victory today beating a well organised and aggresive (not in a bad way :rolleyes:) St Johnstone by 3 - 0.

The match was played in blustery conditions at Stirling Uni, with St J easily having the best of the 1st half with the wind at their backs. St J deserved to be in front but a couple of fine saves, a great goal line clearance and some poor finishing meant the half ended 0-0.

2nd half with the wind, the youngsters got to grips with the match and pressed a lot more. The 3 goals came from set pieces with the Saints keeper at fault for 2 of the goals. The other goal came after a scramble in the box.

All in all a good days work by the U/19's but the scorline was very harsh on St Johnstone.

Another 1st class win for the U/19's beating a strong Hibs side 3-0 at Bathgate.

Excellent performance given the wind, heavy pitch and a pernickity referee.

Not too much nice football from either side in 1st half. Well worked goal scored by Erwin gave Well the lead at half- time

2nd half Hibs pressed a bit more early on, but a slip by their keeper allowed Erwin in to increase Well's advantage.

The game was played mostly in and about midfield. A good breakaway involving Watt saw Well get the third thanks to quick

reactions from Moore, who prodded in from a good save by the keeper.

• 2 weeks later...