Craigan

Hammell

Humphrey

Lasley

Jennings

Law

Higdon

Murphy

Just get right into Rangers. They are poor in centre mid so Lasley and Jenno should handle them without needing to have a central 3. Plus Higdon showed he isn't effective as a lone striker so we definitely need to keep two upfront.

last season apart from the semi final rangers had it far to easy against us if we want to get a positive result then we must get stuck right into them and pressure them at all times and dont let guys like davies and naismith run the show

it's a big test for hutchy up against jelavic. he's had a great start to the season but jelavic got the better of him 3 times last season, hopefully he'll have the confidence to assert himself against him.

4-5-1 again with humphrey dropping out and las back in. rangers look average at best just now and have a difficult game on thursday. we should be looking to get at them from the kickoff.

law and murphy to take turns torturing broadfoot on the left.

Watched their game vs ICT and playing them will be a nightmare,

Naismith is one of the most odious diving complaining c**t that you'll ever see. Given that he gets results from this - means he's constantly at it.

It's time for us to redress the balance right enough,

I'd go with the 4-5-1 shouts with the option to switching back should it fail to give us anything.

We need to apply the principles that generate good teams - your form fades you take a seat on the bench, you come in and do a job - we give you a chance.

Can see the argument for Forbes to stay in at the expense of Humphrey, he was poor yesterday. Would also give us an option off the bench to maybe change the game.

If we do play 4-5-1, we'll need murphy and law to run their socks off to support higdon, and make it a 4-3-3 when we're attacking!

Rangers look beatable, but we were terrible against them last season. Jelavic and Naismith are a pair of diving bams, and it wouldn't surprise me if a penalty or free kick is the turning point like yesterday, where ICT looked good for a draw before the penalties and red card.

Looking forward to it! Which is a kiss of death!

Humphrey seems to play much better at home, so a would keep him in for that reason. Though, to be fair to him yesterday, he did his job defensively well, which will also be crucial against Lee Wallace. Harsh to leave Forbes out, but Lasley has started well, therefore deserves to retake his place in the startin 11.

Well overdue a win against this mob, be great if big Higdon can get off the mark in a 2-0 win :yahoo:

C`mon the Well!

To have any chance whatsoever we have to get to grips with Naismith, Jelavic and Davis. Three really good players that ran riot against us last season.

451 a must with Forbes in midfield. Murphy and Law supporting Higdon and running beyond him.

Everyone talks about our horrific record against Rangers but for a good few years, we were drawing with them at FP on a regular basis. Wouldn't say no to a point on Sunday.

Ahh a Motherwell v Rangers thread, so why don't save everyone the bother of posting the usual comments for this thread by listing them all?

"Rangers are there for the taking"

"We're long overdue a win over this mob so what better time to get it?"

"We've got to beat them some time"

"I've got a feeling we're gonna end our poor run against them"

"This is the worst Rangers team in years, why can't we beat them?"

As for how the game itself will go, I reckon the very best we can hope for is a draw as there is no way we will be able to beat them. They have a big, strong physical defence and we don't have much in the way of firepower up front so I can't see us scoring against them, but they can be held so I reckon we're looking at best at a 0-0 draw, if not then they'll nick it 1-0 or 2-0.

If Humphrey is going to continue being a jessie and not even attempting to beat people then get him to fuck and keep Forbes in, however even with the Humph playing on top of his game I can't see us getting a result off these slippery devious turds.

2-0 h**s first goal a penalty that wasn't. wallbash.gif

Ahh a Motherwell v Rangers thread, so why don't save everyone the bother of posting the usual comments for this thread by listing them all?

"Rangers are there for the taking"

"We're long overdue a win over this mob so what better time to get it?"

"We've got to beat them some time"

"I've got a feeling we're gonna end our poor run against them"

"This is the worst Rangers team in years, why can't we beat them?"

As for how the game itself will go, I reckon the very best we can hope for is a draw as there is no way we will be able to beat them. They have a big, strong physical defence and we don't have much in the way of firepower up front so I can't see us scoring against them, but they can be held so I reckon we're looking at best at a 0-0 draw, if not then they'll nick it 1-0 or 2-0.

nobody said any of that - just waiting for the first man without the bus fair to stumble along

Humphrey seems to play much better at home, so a would keep him in for that reason. Though, to be fair to him yesterday, he did his job defensively well, which will also be crucial against Lee Wallace. Harsh to leave Forbes out, but Lasley has started well, therefore deserves to retake his place in the startin 11.

Well overdue a win against this mob, be great if big Higdon can get off the mark in a 2-0 win :yahoo:

C`mon the Well!

Good shout Davie Boy!

Not too bothered about this game coz im sure our players will do their usual when the blue scum run on the park and just freeze like a rabbit caught in headlights. I swear when we play rangers you would think our team had never played football before. Im more interested in how the team will react the following week. In fear of sounding like old broon i think you can tell more about your team going by their reaction to a defeat.

Hope to God im wrong but i can't see this being any different to any other game against rangers.

Not too bothered about this game coz im sure our players will do their usual when the blue scum run on the park and just freeze like a rabbit caught in headlights. I swear when we play rangers you would think our team had never played football before. Im more interested in how the team will react the following week. In fear of sounding like old broon i think you can tell more about your team going by their reaction to a defeat.

Hope to God im wrong but i can't see this being any different to any other game against rangers.

I am bothered,would love to win but like Ian 'have this feeling of same old same old. As he says,no matter our form or how bad they are,we crumble at the sight of them.the six nil defeat last season being a prime example.not getting my hopes up after so many shockers over the last nine years.

Lasley in for Humphrey we have a chance by flooding the midfield, Lasley in for Forbes then we'll be effectively a man down from kick off based on what I've witnessed and read this season.

Let Humphrey come on as an impact player and give them the runaround in the last 30 minutes when they are tired and he is fresh. Maybe that will be the catalyst to better form.

• Like 1

before we played them at xmas they hadn't beat us at fir park in 3 years. we usually give them a game at fir park, last season was just an exception imo. when we played them at xmas we were in crisis and we had eye on the cup final when we faced them in april.

the season before last we should have beat them twice when o'brien missed the pen and that baldy twat of a linesman chopped off our 2nd goal.

i think it will be back to normal and a close game.

• Like 4

i dont see why we should flood the midfield since we are the ones playing nice football at the moment, unlike Rangers?

They should flood the midfield to stop us passing the ball around but no doubt the OF dont do that against anyone else but each other as we are all inferior.

Surely/Hopefully if we keep the ball then this will frustrate them and bring out there lack of discipline like agaisnt Malmo.

But that could be to our advantage if we take the game to them, keep possesion and attack with pace and conviction like against Inverness CT i see no reason why we cant win, as long as the referee doesnt give them dubious decisions.

Of course you can look at the past results but there really meaningless when it comes to the game itself.

In saying that though they can create goals from nothing and I will be optimisticly shitting myself on Sunday