Rangers (H) Sunday 21st August

Andy_P

When do you reckon the usual unsettling headlines will start to appear in the Daily Rancid and the H*n , half of our squad and the manager being linked with this club and that club, this player want's a new deal but we can't agree terms etc.

All the usual pish that comes out ahead of a game against one of the ugly sisters wallbash.gifDavybhoyssmiley.gif

When do you reckon the usual unsettling headlines will start to appear in the Daily Rancid and the H*n , half of our squad and the manager being linked with this club and that club, this player want's a new deal but we can't agree terms etc.

All the usual pish that comes out ahead of a game against one of the ugly sisters wallbash.gifDavybhoyssmiley.gif

Give it a rest with the conspiricy pish :doh:

Surely you don't honestly believe that the press and hacks will deliberately make up a story linking our players or manager with Rangers for no other reason than to unsettle us so that Rangers will get it easy against us do you?

Well said MJC, It’s got fuck all to do with stories linking our players to any other team. Our players have been posted missing against Rangers for as long as I can remember.

I can’t see it happening but it’s about time we played to our potential against this shower of shite. I will be there, but I’m fully expecting another below par performance. That way anything else will be a bonus.

Surely you don't honestly believe that the press and hacks will deliberately make up a story linking our players or manager with Rangers for no other reason than to unsettle us so that Rangers will get it easy against us do you?

http://www.google.co.uk/m/search?tbs=nws:1&hl=en&source=mog&hl=en&gl=uk&client=safari&q=jamie%20murphy&sa=N

It's a conspiracy!

Well said MJC, It's got fuck all to do with stories linking our players to any other team. Our players have been posted missing against Rangers for as long as I can remember.

I can't see it happening but it's about time we played to our potential against this shower of shite. I will be there, but I'm fully expecting another below par performance. That way anything else will be a bonus.

That's not the only reason why we haven't been able to beat them for almost nine years. Yes we've turned in some absolute shockers against them and seemingly get no breaks whatsoever when we play them, but what folk seem to forget is that Rangers are a much stronger and better side than we are and have players that would walk into every side in the SPL with the exception of Celtic (in some positions anyway).

Folk on here are never done trotting out this 'Rangers have their worst side in history, they are pish, there for the taking how come we canny get a result against them' line, but they are still miles ahead of us in terms of quality and SHOULD beat us every time they play us. The same goes for Celtic of course and they themselves get the better of us in the majority of games, but Rangers style of play tends to make them more difficult to beat than Celtic as far as we are concerned. They are physical, strong and well organised and we always struggle against sides like that because they are all the things that we are not. Celtic on the other hand tend to be more of a 'footballing side' who attack more leaving them open to counter attack and they are not as solid and physical as Rangers are at the back so they can be 'got at' more easily.

I don't see things changing against Rangers this weekend because I just don't see how we are going to be able to trouble them at the back as we neither have the physical presence or penetration in the final third to do so and I will be amazed if we even score on Sunday, never mind beat them.

Aye it's all part of an anti-Motherwell & pro-H*n conspiricy that Murphy is being linked with a move elsewhere this week. I mean it's not as if there's been any transfer speculation whatosever about him since the very first week of the season or if there were about 11 scouts watching him against Inverness or anything is it? Nah, it's only come up this week because they want to unsettle us ahead of our game against Rangers. Verrrrrrrrrry iffy :rolleyes:

Rangers are a much stronger and better side than we are and have players that would walk into every side in the SPL

Of course we can't ignore that fact. They pay higher wages and more often than not they are competing in the Champions League. In saying that, Inverness have shown in recent years that it is possible to at least draw or beat the Old Firm if you have a go. While they still attract the best of the rest, Rangers are not the draw they once were. With some shrewd loan deals clubs can challenge the Old Firm in ways they couldn't in the past. While I expect nothing from Sundays game I can only hope we at least have a go.

That's simply eye-popping especially when you factor in that the h**s haven't had a frightening team for quite a few years now. I'm talking about when they had guys like Laudrup, Gazza and Hateley snr. The Whittaker's, Edu's, and McCulloch's don't exactly give you brown knickers so that stat is appalling. Time to change it. Not to say it will be easy but still we have to step up and do something

That's simply eye-popping especially when you factor in that the h**s haven't had a frightening team for quite a few years now. I'm talking about when they had guys like Laudrup, Gazza and Hateley snr. The Whittaker's, Edu's, and McCulloch's don't exactly give you brown knickers so that stat is appalling. Time to change it. Not to say it will be easy but still we have to step up and do something

No but they are still better than anything that we've got.

McCulloch would still improve our side if he ever came back here, he's proved himself as a good, reliable midfield player in the SPL. Rangers may not have the same calibre of player, 'household' names like they once had but every single one of their first team would walk into ours and just about every other SPL club and I defy anyone to contradict that.

For us to beat Rangers, we will need them to have an off day, us to play at the very top of our game and, possibly most importantly of all luck, something we haven't had against Rangers for many years now.

possibly most importantly of all luck, something we haven't had against Rangers for many years now.

Luck doesn’t come into it when the score currently stands at 21 - 3. There is something else clearly wrong. I’ve not checked, but this surely must be the worst record in recent times against Rangers in the SPL. Even Hamilton didn’t have a record this bad against Rangers.

Consider this....

Just say, we did play really well and win on Sunday (yeah, yeah...I know, but stay with me)

Can you imagine how the OF would then come in and try to take / unsettle our players prior to the window closing (with a likely strategy to take them just to put them on the bench in order to weaken our squad.......). That would be hard to take ......

Consider this....

Just say, we did play really well and win on Sunday (yeah, yeah...I know, but stay with me)

Can you imagine how the OF would then come in and try to take / unsettle our players prior to the window closing (with a likely strategy to take them just to put them on the bench in order to weaken our squad.......). That would be hard to take ......

No they wouldn'd ffs. :laugh: They may look at some of our players, well only Murphy and possibly Randolph, but would do so to improve THEIR squads. Think about it for a minute, really think about it. Do you honestly think that Ally McCoist or Neil Lennon look at these players then think to themselves 'Oh I better try and sign him because I don't want him playing against us so I'll just inform the Chairman/Chief Exec. that I'll need the cash released for him so that I can get him here, stick him on the bench and ensure that they can't play against us for Motherwell'???

That's just a crazy 'theory', especially in Rangers' case when they've got the taxman banging on the door looking for millions, yet they're gonna buy a player or two from Motherwell for the sole purpose of weakening us? :laugh:

Rangers and/or Celtic may well be linked with certain Motherwell players before the window shuts, but so will several other clubs down South and chances are we will lose Murphy in particular and probably not for megabucks either, but that's the price you pay for being a 'selling club'.

I'm hoping for a good game on Sunday and I think both teams will score. I'd take a draw in a minute.

I fear that the likes of Naismith, Davis and Jelavic could really go to town on our defence. I hope Randolph is on form.

I think our attack could also really test their defence, if Law can get ahead of the ball and behind their defence we have a real chance.

Aye it's all part of an anti-Motherwell & pro-H*n conspiricy that Murphy is being linked with a move elsewhere this week. I mean it's not as if there's been any transfer speculation whatosever about him since the very first week of the season or if there were about 11 scouts watching him against Inverness or anything is it? Nah, it's only come up this week because they want to unsettle us ahead of our game against Rangers. Verrrrrrrrrry iffy :rolleyes:

It was a bit Tongue in cheek.

It's far more feasible that in the build up to a match against one of the old firm, we get far more media coverage, and they are always looking for an old firm angle to every story.

Mark hateleys son Tom says....

Boyhood Celtic fan Randolph thinks...

Gers transfer target murphy is....

Or previously...

My big brother chris, by John Sutton

Former ibrox hero Malcolm, McCormack, Hughes...

Not to mention our favourite old firm media whore Owen coyle!

You can't deny that the media is unbelievably weighted towards the old firm, as about 80% of readers (or folk that look at the pictures) support them, it makes sense. Stillvery annoying though!

So far this season we've had St Mirren fans on Pie & Bovril last week claiming the SFA were anti-Buddies due to their rejection of the Saints appeal against Hasselbaink's red card, not to mention Iain Brines being appointed as he is apparently anti-St Mirren. This was followed up with apparent anti-Buddies motives from the BBC as they pieced together a blatantly pro-Motherwell highlights package after the match.

Now we have 'Well fans genuinely believing there's some sort of mass media conspiracy to deliberately attempt to swing games in the favour of the Old Firm for reasons unknown by continuing speculation of certain players. And that's now followed up with the bizarre claim that Rangers - who are skint - are suddenly going to sign our best players for no other reason than to weaken our side and leave said players picking up a wage on the bench.

The Neil Lennon Paranoia Award looks like having a good few challengers this year.

• Like 2