Rangers (H) Sunday 21st August

Andy_P

-------------------------------Randolph

Hateley---------Hutchinson--------Craigan------------Hammell

------------------------------Forbes-------------

-----------------Jennings-----------Lasley----------

---------Law--------------------------------------Murphy

--------------------------------Higdon------------

I like the look of this team, although I might have Forbes in a more attacking role, leaving Las and Jenno to anchor the midfield. It also means we can unleash Hump in the last 20 minutes.

Predictions here tend to be pointless, as when heart rules head we mostly come unstuck!! Any realistic comments are frowned upon too, but must surely be understandable by now! Me? I tend to be stuck between both stools, and this Sunday I'm predicitng a draw due to their injuries and tiredness after their European exertions.

That will mean we don't get any credit for continuing our great start to the season, but frankly I couldn't care less!!

Mon the Well!!

• Like 1

Rangers are very poor just now. There is absolutely no width in the team at all therefore everything needs to go through the middle meaning the play is very narrow - this wouldnt be so much of a problem if there were better players than Edu/Mcculloch/Ness in the middle who have no real pace. The midfield is very static and remarkably uncreative.

The big boy Goian(SP) at the back is solid enough - he can provide a decent outball too if given the time and space at the back.

The obvious problem is jelavic, if he is allowed any kind of space and provided with any kind of reasonable service then it will 9 times out of 10 end up in the back of the net. Keeping him quiet is the obvious key.

In saying that, from what i have seen on motherwell this season they certainly have nothing to fear - to be honest i can see this either being a draw or a Motherwell victory. Aside from the lack of creativity in the Rangers side right now they will be coming on the back of an away fixture on the Thursday night. Now that shouldnt be a problem so early in the season but another observation of Rangers thus far this term is they appear remarkably unfit and some of them look to be carrying a few pounds. How this is possible i have no idea but it looks fairly evident.

Anyway, does anyone know the definitive seating plans for this game? Ok so Rangers have the south stand, Motherwell have the east and the cooper? is that correct? It's the main stand that looks strange, do Rangers have the full North and South sections of the main stand with hospitality in the middle??

Just to clarify jay, the OF media bias i was referring to was column inches, as opposed to them actually plotting to secure victory for the OF!

To be fair to the stmirren fans, I thought the highlights flattered us a bit at first.

Having said that, for all stmirrens decent play, they did f*** all with it, whereas we created a few really good chances when we did get on the ball.

Higdon most people thought had a poor game, but based on the highlights it was him or Samson for MOTM!!

I'll need to remember this in future when I think highlights don't reflect what I saw (through my c&a tinted specs), as we too have a history of lacking a cutting edge or final ball. Although so far this season we've been pretty good!

Higdon most people thought had a poor game, but based on the highlights it was him or Samson for MOTM!!

Yeh Higdon does alot that seems to go unnoticed. Four of our best chances on Saturday came through Higdon, two he set up and two chances of his own and only a wonder save from Samson denied him a goal. Some fans(certainly some of the idiots sitting near me on Saturday) seem to think because he isn't scoring and doesn't run around like a headless chicken that he's guff and were shouting things like he should fuck off back to St.Mirren.:dash2:

He creates alot of chances for others and himself and I firmly believe when scores one he will go on to get a few more, his general play is very good but he gets stick because he won't charge around like an idiot chasing lost causes etc. which we knew wasn't his style.

I like him and if anybody doubts his importance to the team the one time he didn't play this season is the only game we didn't score in and the only game we didn't win...

• Like 2

I like the look of this team, although I might have Forbes in a more attacking role, leaving Las and Jenno to anchor the midfield. It also means we can unleash Hump in the last 20 minutes.

Agreed with this, in terms of strategy. More midfielders against them, considering they lack width just now.

I reckon the game will be a struggle. It's our best chance of winning in a fair while against them, but as ever, you just know that something will go against us. Probably that nasty wee moaning dirty diving c**t "Naaaisy" getting them a pen.

Entirely seperately, my sister was watching a film just there, and this (first) line jumped out (0:22-0:33). Team talk? laugh1.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSS5dEeMX64

Just to clarify jay, the OF media bias i was referring to was column inches, as opposed to them actually plotting to secure victory for the OF!

I wasn't referring to you directly mate, just what I've read on this thread and a couple of others.

To be fair to the big man, he is the perfect example of an East Stand boo boys target. Does a lot of the dirty work but as it's not obvious, it goes unnoticed by a lot of 'Well fans. Guys like Derek Adams and Marc Fitzpatrick were along the same lines - did their jobs well and were picked regularly on that basis, yet received abuse from those who, presumably, just fail to notice what it is they're actually supposed to be doing. It's just the price that "less glamorous" footballers pay for plying their trade in front of folk who think they know better.

I'd be surprised if he isn't the boo boys' latest fling soon enough, especially if he doesn't score soon. But to be fair, Saints fans said that would happen. Ross Forbes will be delighted.

Picked up tickets yesterday, woman said they were anticipating a big crowd. She said sales had been good and Rangers had sold out the south stand, just hope we can bring a few more than normal too.

Entirely seperately, my sister was watching a film just there, and this (first) line jumped out (0:22-0:33). Team talk? laugh1.gif

:doh:

Was wondering what the hell you were on about but that actually made me chuckle.

McCall does need to stop referring to the dirty fuckers as 'we' I cringe at it everytime and it does nothing to help our club beat them. If the players see McCall having some kind of affinity with Rangers then it subconciously will affect the players.

I find it funny that at the very beginning of his tenure he went out of his way to try and distance himself from Rangers, but when on our national radio station his was almost sounding like a fucking spokesperson for them.

Is it any wonder they hump us everytime when our manager is sending out these signals?

Actually, I think I'd prefer jet lagged and knackered first team players than some enthusiastic reserves looking to make a name for themselves.

Let's keep it tight for the first hour and then bring on our speed merchants in the last 30 mins to finish them off.

Actually, I think I'd prefer jet lagged and knackered first team players than some enthusiastic reserves looking to make a name for themselves.

Let's keep it tight for the first hour and then bring on our speed merchants in the last 30 mins to finish them off.

Good plan. Except to effect it we would require more than 11 players.

To be fair to the big man, he is the perfect example of an East Stand boo boys target. Does a lot of the dirty work but as it's not obvious, it goes unnoticed by a lot of 'Well fans.

i thought it was the opposite on saturday. he did enough to look good in the highlights but his general play was rotten. he won nothing in the air against the smallest centre backs in the league and moved like a world war one tank.

Humph and Murph on the bench as the speed merchants.

:doh:

Las back in. Keep Forbes in. McHugh and Higdon up front.

Humph and Murph on the bench as the speed merchants.

Not having a go here but.......

.......are you serious?

I can see why you would bring Lasley back in and play Forbes again. Maybe even why Humphrey should drop to the bench. But are you honestly in favour of benching Murphy, our best prospect of causing Rangers problems, and a good outlet when the pressure is on? Really?