Rangers (H) Sunday 21st August

Andy_P

It would be easy to fall into the trap of being blinded by this poor Rangers, club in crisis no resources chat that we hear week in and week out in the papers and on the radio. The fact is however that man for man Rangers can match if not better Motherwell in almost every area of the park and will have a bench that is stronger than ours.

McGregor, Papac, Bougherra, Davies, Naismith, Jelavic are good players. Come the end of the season this team will probably be 20+ points ahead of Well in the league table. Given that it is only a few months ago that they turned us over with much the same team as they have now, it would be a foolish man that would bet against a Rangers win.

However, confidence is king and if Rangers struggle this week in Europe and we can go into the game on a high then just maybe we can get that long awaited win.

I would be amazed if it was a pumping like the last time so think the game will be won or lost by the odd goal. Right now I wuld take the draw. I'll go 1-1 after a Reynolds like slip up to let them back in, in the last 10 minutes.

I would be inclined to go with Las back in at the expense of Humphrey for this one . His dig and commitment will be vital in the middle , and while I think some of the critiscism of the Hump is a bit ott , I don't think Papac is someone he's had much change out of in the last couple of encounters with Rangers , so feel he could come on in the later stages and use his pace to advantage when some legs in their back line are starting to tire .

Defence is definitely their weak point at the moment with the loss of Bougherra , and with Weir and possibly Bartley out for another couple of weeks . The new guy Goian looked decent for them against Inverness , but with some direct running from Law and Murph , we are certainly capable of causing them problems .

If our back four can continue their solid start to the season I see it being a good contest , and being realistic I would be delighted with a share of the spoils .

For me the first 30 minutes will be key. If we are still in it after that we have a real chance. All of the players will have to be on top form. Edu will be suspended and we will have Las back or should that be KEITH so that should make a difference in midfield. The only problem I see is the last 10/15 minnutes of the game where Rangers will have slightly better quality to bring on from the bench and we just won't have that luxury. I would love to see Nicky Law running at Davie Weir. I think the old boy might just poo himself. 1-0 to the League leaders.

Need to have Keith back in the mix, and wouldn't drop Fotbes as he played a blinder at the weekend and could produce a bit of magic if his confidence is up. Humphrey would be better used as an impact player I reckon. The thought of us winning this one, staying top and putting 6 points between us and that mob is just too muh excitement. This week is gonna be a long one.

I'd be happy with a draw aswelll, but only if it's not a 'draw snatched from the jaws of victory' like it was on the two Fir Park meetings with them in 09/10 when O'Brien's shocking penalty and that bungling twat of a linesman stopped us winning both games.

Usually a big deal made in the press about the OF's 'European hangover' upon their return to SPL action. Least that is some cause for hope. Too many times I have heard of OF players finding it hard to 'raise their game' against SPL opposition after a jaunt in Europe. Fingers crossed.

worrying that thomson is the ref. uber-h*ns hate him and he gave them f all in the league cup final and then gave celtic a dodgy pen that should have decided the league (and seen us in europe). it may well be in the back of his mind not to piss the orcs off further.

the c**t owes us for his god awful performances in the defeats to hibs and accies last season. by my count he denied us 3 pens, gave hibs a goal when bamba fouled randolph and didn't send off bamba, canning and imrie. we'll get nothing from him.

-------------------------------Randolph

Hateley---------Hutchinson--------Craigan------------Hammell

------------------------------Forbes-------------

-----------------Jennings-----------Lasley----------

---------Law--------------------------------------Murphy

--------------------------------Higdon------------

I know Humphrey has his fans on here and I'm a big fan too but I wouldn't start him in this game. Goalie and defence picks itself. I would keep Forbes in as not only did he have a good game last week but I like having a solid midfield 3 in games against the old firm as I feel it gives us more saftey. We played three in midfield in the CIS cup semi and were terrific, we played a 442 against them at Fir Park towards the end of last season and were far too open and pumped 5 zip. These 3 were terrific in the win over Celtic and will need to produce a similar performance on Sunday if we want to get anything. Also the defence will have to produce another top class performance to keep out Jelavic who is a class player.... Nasimith and Davis also seem to love playing against us, glad that prick Laffertey isn't fit as he always seems to fucking score against us as well.

Humphrey wasn't great on Saturday and looked like he was struggling with an injury, he barely touched the ball all match. He also seemed to struggle against Rangers last season. Out of him Law and Murphy he was the most droppable imo but also the most capable of making an impact from the bench. This system would rely on Law and Murphy obviously, taking turns to drop in the hole between the defence and midfield and running at the Rangers back line(which can be got at) and trying to link up with Higdon. Then if we are still in it with half an hour to go throw on Humphrey. Surely there can't be a worse sight after a midweek game and with them begining to tire seeing us throwing on an absolute flying machine.

Get in about them from the start, don't stand off them and let them play which we have been guilty of in their last few visits to Fir Park. Try and keep a decent tempo, don't gift the ball back to them at every oppurtunity and take your chances!! All things we failed to do against them last season. Do these things and we can get something from this.....Easier said than done right enough.

Rangers have not looked convincing to me this season, they were terrible in the Euro match, needless to say playing against Motherwell is a different proposition all together, i honestly think we have a great chance to win this one, ill not mention the team i want to start but, i can agree on some posts further up on this board, We are going into this match as leaders of the SPL, thats a first surely, and with that the extra confidence that intales,

Keep the defence the same as we dont have any other options, Higdon is playing well its just a case of when he gets his first goal now, all out attack for 20minutes and see where that leaves us. One way or the other we need to test them, this will result in a good thumping or Win under our belts, we proved we could do it against Celtic last season now lets prove it against our bogey OF team.

I FUCKIN HATE RANGERS. LET'S JUST BEAT THE BIGOTED BASTARDS FOR ONCE angry.gif

I would accept being humped by them in everyother match we played against them this season if we could just beat them 1-0 this weekend as it would mean a) a win over them b.) 5 cleansheets and c) 6 points clear of them with them only having 1 game in hand.