Clyde, League Cup, Wednesday 24th August

Andy_P

Moving swiftly on, the Bully await in the League Cup.

Would you go wholesale changes and give the guys who have been stuck on the bench a run? Stick with the recognised eleven to hopefully see them back to winning ways before Dunfermline? Or have a mixture of both?

Over to you.....

Need to find our strongest 11 for at least two different formations for league games

so a little bit of rotation but not carte blanche

the changes are obvious for anyone thats been looking in,

players on the bench must be getting very frustrated to see individuals delivering very little in 90mins

wouldn't mind seeing Hollis get a start either only to keep his sharpness and motivation up

i would drop humphrey and bring in forbes and go 4-3-1-2 playing law behind the front 2.i would start with higdon and hope he can finally get a goal and all being well give some of the youngesters a chance later in the game.decent prices for the game so hopefully we take a good support through whos all going

We're going to lose a couple of bodies as I think we go down to five subbies in the League Cup but in reality it'll be the same group of players we choose from for normal league games we'll be looking to, so not a huge amount of rotation available to us.

That said there are one or two changes I'd make and some I'd not. I'd keep Higdon in on Wednesday in the hope that he can break his duck and get a little confidence booster but might play McHugh alongside him and have Murph on the bench to start. Humphrey I'd replace with Lawless but again have him on the bench if the need arose.

Beyond that there are a couple of other options. Personally I don't know if I'd be as bold as putting in both Carswell and Forbes for both Lasley and Jennings but I think perhaps one might get a chance. And in defence I suppose there might be scope for Johnny Page coming in at centre-half and giving Craggs or Hutch a breather.

Whatever team is picked I would expect us to win, but we line up and how easy or difficult it will be remains to be seen.

Incidently on the seating front the Bully fan at work told me on Friday he believes that despite previous suggestions, it isn't quite 100% that we'll be in the stand opposite the Main Stand, that it might yet only be the Main Stand that is open. He says the stand behind the goals doesn't have a safety certificate and the West Stand requires some work done on seating before it can be used. Anything else he passes on I'll post.

Yea looking forward to this. Been wanting Clyde away in the league cup for years now as it is only about 20 minutes down the motorway!

Games like this offer the chance to bring boys in off the bench to see what they can offer AND hopefully allowing players out of form the chance to grow in confidence against lesser opposition. For the latter reason I would keep Humphrey in the team and ask him to rip their right back a new arsehole. If he doesn't deliver against one of the poorest sides in the country last year then we need a new right winger.

And we should also be going 4-4-2 in this game, no fannying about.

-------------------Hollis------------------

Hately--Hutchy--Craggs---Hammell

----------Carswell--Forbes--------

Humphrey------------------------Law

---------Murphy-------Higdon----------

3-0 Well :D

can't wait will be my first game since we beat the jamtarts i need my football fix. id quite like to see smith and mchugh start see if they're any good.

finish work in killie at 6.30 gonna have to bomb it up the 77 to make it

Forbes, McHugh, Carswell in, along with Page.

I'd go along with this. McCall's refusal to make changes during games suggests that he is yet to be convinced we have any players on the bench capable of doing a job on the park. Hopefully he gives a few of them a chance on Wednesday and they impress enough - even against a lower league side - to make things a little more competative in the first team. I'd also play Higdon - A. Because I don't buy into this "he's shite" nonsense; and B. All strikers want a goal early on at a new club to settle them in.

Randolph

Hateley -- Hutchinson -- Craigan -- Page

Lawless -- Carswell -- Forbes -- Law

McHugh -- Higdon

Anything less than comfortable progression will be unacceptable, as good a start as Clyde have had they've been bottom of their league for the last three years running.

Good to give the fringe players a run out. Would like to see us line up

Hollis

Hateley page Hutchison halsmann

Forbes carswell lasley

Smith higdon mchugh

Lanark, could get to Carluke, Wishaw or Motherwell.

i dont know if anybody on here is running a bus mate but i do know theres a bus leaving wishaw at 6.30 and will be picking up in motherwell 01698 470601 is the number to book a seat

I would start with our strongest 11 in the hope we can get a couple of goals to re-install confidence after the yesterdays pumping. If we go 2 up then id bring the fringe players on. As McCall said it's good to have a game quickly to get a defeat out your system so the 11 on the field yesterday are the ones who need to get it out their system before going to Dunfermline for a match we really should be winning if we have ambitions for Euro qualifying.

• Like 1