The Michael Higdon Thread

DEWELL

Thats me watched big Higdon in 5 games home and away and apart from the odd flick on he really is ineffective for us up front. If he isn't continually caught offside he's continually fouling the defender in the jump for high balls. Any meagre amount of shots on goal he's had has been powderpuff. To say im dissapointed is an understatement. I thought he'd be a good player for us but with what i've seen so far he's CRAP!! There's no link up with Murphy or Humpries either and we really look pish up front. Two strikers are a MUST for us in the window or our season will go tits up relying on him getting goals for us. :dash2:

Higgy had a good game today considering what he got from the wings. If we played the ball at his head height, more often than not, he'd have the ball in the back of the nets. We have been poor cross wise this season (All 5 of our goals were solo efforts) and that has been our only downfall.

I think Higdon has done quite well in terms of holding the ball up, winning headers, flicking things on. But as I said when we signed him he's not an out and out striker, he's a target man who will chip in with goals here and there - like a Dirk Lehman or a Jim Hamilton but he's not going to get the goals that Sutton scored for us.

We had the answer in big Sutton and let him slip away to Swinecastle. dash2.gif

Slip away how? By not offering to double his salary like Hearts did? If his agent didn't tell him to hold on until all the offers were on the table, then he should be sacked.

Far far far far far too early for this thread.

I haven't been impressed with him at all so far but I'm not crying about it yet ffs! Try and remember where we are in the league.

He needs a goal or two to settle for sure, hopefully they will both come against Clyde.

My only worry is that all he is, is a target man. Let's give it till Christmas before we spit the dummy though.

he'll come good on the goals front, but somebody better sit him down and show him the first goal back

if he's got a man to mark at setpieces he needs to mark them, and not get blinkered on the ball, he totally lost his man and got in between Hutch and Jelavic and knocked it down onto Naismiths head

and it went on from there again around 35min mark he left his man free and followed Jelavic blocking Hutch.

a point of learning for the coaches more than huge criticism of the players

In as much as Sutton was quoted as saying that Motherwell hadn’t talked to him about a contract extension until the last week of the season. Considering he was our top goal scorer that to me seems very lapse.

However, Motherwell said that they had talked to him. Either way, regardless of the spin put on the story, do you really think a guy like Sutton would have put pen to paper before he listened to what others had to offer? Even footballers are smarter than that.

Granted the big man didn't have his best of games today but if truth be told he was on a hiding to nothing.

I've seen enough of him to see he is a decent player and will score goals for us. If it wasn't for an inspired performance by Bryson he could have had a hat-trick against the Buddies.

• Like 1

Thats me watched big Higdon in 5 games home and away and apart from the odd flick on he really is ineffective for us up front. If he isn't continually caught offside he's continually fouling the defender in the jump for high balls. Any meagre amount of shots on goal he's had has been powderpuff. To say im dissapointed is an understatement. I thought he'd be a good player for us but with what i've seen so far he's CRAP!! There's no link up with Murphy or Humpries either and we really look pish up front. Two strikers are a MUST for us in the window or our season will go tits up relying on him getting goals for us. :dash2:

Away ye go!

Higdon did everything he could do, no his fault hes got no support and Humphrey cany cross a ball!!

Solid today, as far as I'm concerned.

Even if not, give him a touch of time to bed in. As mentioned earlier, the Juke was pish till mid-October.

He was flicking the ball on to nobody (nobody playing alongside him), he is not quick, is not mobile and the most worrying thing is:

1. The ball was put in the box today, (I was shocked as well), he didn't make a serious effort to get it.

2. A simple cross into the box to him today and he didn't even jump for it.

3. 5 games no goals says it all.