The Michael Higdon Thread

DEWELL

Hig 3 Sutts 2 :lol:

What is the point of this thread?

I told you, Higdon is better than Sutton????????

Sutton is better than Higdon??????????????????????

Higdon is ours, Sutton went to Hearts, he is dead to me.

Higgers took his two goals brilliantly today, well done big man, you are playing for the league leaders, we need your goals.

:cheers::thumbup::cheers::evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

I do have faith in the bigguy as he mabaged to bag 17 goals at a team in relegation trouble he should get more playing in a better team.

But my god is he slow or what ! He needs to work on gaining some or any speed at training. (not rhe white stuff before anyone starts).

At 28 year old the chances are he isn't going to get any faster.He will be more effective in his role if the faster players round about him go ahead of him for the knock downs he gets.

:lol:

Forgot I'd bumped this.

Anyway I thought Higdon showed what a good player he is when he has support, when he's not isolated and expected to plough a lone furrow up front by himself he's a good player. The first goal showed his abiltiy, first the return ball with the outside of his foot and then to carry on his run and sweep the ball in with his weaker foot showed quality. His second was case or right place right time but that in itself is a skill.

As for the whole him versus Sutton debate, they are different players but it's hard not to compare considering they are/were are main strikers. For me Sutton was more of a workhouse, where as I feel Higdon is the better footballer and I am personally glad we have him.

As for the who will score more debate Sutton wasn't even quoted today for Hearts with Smith and Robinson both on the bench before him. Rumours going about a Hearts forum that Sergio doesn't think that Sutton fits in with his style of play, it was started by that nugget Ewan Cameron from Real Radio though who has been known to spout shite. However it appears life is not all rosy for our John.

Our Michael on the other hand...

DunfermlineMatchRepF270811.jpg

3 in 6 and joint top of the league :cheers:

This thread is pointless, showed yesterday what he can do ! case closed. did Sutton start so great ? ? ? has he set the jambo's on fire? ? ? NO ! ! ! two goals yesterday and one against clyde. realise when your playing professional football, confidence is a major factor. i said after the Clyde game he'd start banging in the goals and this weekend he did ! !

What is the point of this thread?

I told you, Higdon is better than Sutton????????

Sutton is better than Higdon??????????????????????

Higdon is ours, Sutton went to Hearts, he is dead to me.

Higgers took his two goals brilliantly today, well done big man, you are playing for the league leaders, we need your goals.

:cheers::thumbup::cheers::evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

Higgers??

Sounds like an escapee from Rainbow

:lol:

Forgot I'd bumped this.

Anyway I thought Higdon showed what a good player he is when he has support, when he's not isolated and expected to plough a lone furrow up front by himself he's a good player. The first goal showed his abiltiy, first the return ball with the outside of his foot and then to carry on his run and sweep the ball in with his weaker foot showed quality. His second was case or right place right time but that in itself is a skill.

Was watching the highlights and had similar thoughts. Higdon's first goal yesterday showed nice touch and vision to pass it into the far corner.

The second was a striker's bread and butter - making room for himself close to goal and a simple finish.

Give him the service and I have no doubts he's come up with the goods.

It seems that when I pass opinion, I get slaughtered. However....

Higdon has shown vision and is a proven goalscorer. He may lack pace but has real physical presence and awareness.

I think we should all be encouraged by the fact that we have Higdon, Murphy, the hottest forward in Scottish football since McFadden and two young strikers in McHugh and Smith.

Okay, there is no real depth, but I'd rather have those four than anything that Hibs, Aberdeen or indeed Hearts have on there books and those clubs operate with a much larger wage bill.

One of my mates is a Kilmarnock fan. He text me on Sunday night after watching Sportscene and said "Thank fuck Higdon wasnt playing against us, after all your games I've seen he looks your best player". He was alluding to watching all the highlights, like ICT, St Mirren, Dunfermline and also watching the Rangers game. Our Highlights regularly show that he is the focal point and main man in our attacks.

I too think if the big yin stays fit we could be looking at 20 goals form him this year.