The Michael Higdon Thread

DEWELL

Michael Higdon was my Man of the Match tonight. Won a number of headers not just in attack but, importantly, in our own box as well. Also put himself about a bit, the rest of the team seem to be working to actually play to his strengths rather than just lumping the ball to him and staying static. His header set up the first goal, his finish for the second was top class, and he scored a very good penalty to get us underway, despite the fact there were probably 'Well fans willing him to miss.

Very good performance from the big man tonight.

I just don't think he's in the right place at the right time. Maybe it's the sheer pace of Humph, but he's never in the 6 yard box ready to slot into the net.

=/

I don't disagree entirely I just don't see him as that kind of player, he needs someone playing off him. Particularly with the arrival of Daley who looks like he can put a decent cross in as well.

Recent performances indicate Jamie Murphy is not currently the answer either.

Looks like you are on your own jamwell and no surprise. IMHO you are talkin p1sh.

Higdon had a decent game tonite as did most of the players. In fact if you want to have a go at one of our strikers I suggest you look to the other striker on the park. At times I forgot he was even on the pitch.

As for the penalty......if he could kick the ball harder than a girl we would have been ok tonite.

On the whole I like Murphy, but after starting the season on fire, he has fallen away of late.

Thought Higdon played well tonight and certainly got pass marks. The main issue with Higdon tonight is the same issue as all the other previous games this season - he needs support up front. He can win headers and hold up play all day long but when no one is near him to link up play what else can he do? Murphy is completely wasted where he is being played and his confidence appears shot to pieces. Stuart McCall knows best tho!

Higdons hold up and link up play tonight was shit hot. I had written him off after a piss poor game on Saturday and if I'm being honest wasnt impressed in his performance the first 15mina either. But I thought he came on to a right good game thereafter.

Three times in a 15 minute spell he protected the ball on his chest then played a wonderful defence splitting pass inside Murray (which was the play every time) to humphre who put a few decent crosses in which no-one got on the end of. There were a few empty heads around me screaming at higdon for not getting on the end of the move. If higdon starts a move on the halfway line with a through ball to the quickest player in the league - how the fuck is he meant to get on the end of his cross. If anybody should be it should be murphy in the 6 yard box. Who do think we signed on a free from st mirren adebayor?

I get frustrated like everyone else when he doesn't sprint from touchline to touchline closing down players and the occasional shoulder shrug when things aren't going his way. But if anyone doesn't think he had a good game tonight then they know fuck all about football

• Like 3

Brilliant player. Does a power of work, not only does he win the flick ons, he is also usually the man who takes the return ball, before working it wide and then getting on the end of it. If he is "pish" and grabs a goal and sets one up every game, give me a team full of pish players.

• Like 1

. And I was left disappointed he didn't put away some of chances that rolled across the goal mouth.

I feel the same about Jamie Murphy tonight............... come to think what about the chances Laws had ??????

The bottom line is Michael Higdon put in a decent shift tonight,won headers in all areas of the pitch,linked up play,layed on a goal,scored a goal,slotted his penalty not bad nights work for our centre forward.....

But he seems to be the target for or boo boys....FFS lets give him a chance....some of the neagativity towards our players from some of our "fans" is shocking,

Guysin front of me in the DC seemed disapointed when he scored his pen......Murphy hits his "hard luck Jamie".......Then its "Naw not Forbes"....who then scores one of the best pens of the shoot out.....then is "Hard luck Nicky".

We all have our opinions/favourites......but lets get behind the players and the team FFS !!!

Couldn't agree more. Always said our fans are one of the worst for negativity towards the team. Picked up by Derek McInnes on Saturday and he commented about how quickly our fans were to have a go...if he notices it the players certainly will...it doesnt help! 1 bad performance on saturday and its all doom and gloom....we're sitting third ffs!

Get behind your team!

We all know higdon isn't an athlete,but he scores goals! My money's on him to get more than Sutton did last season.

Thought Higdon played well tonight and certainly got pass marks. The main issue with Higdon tonight is the same issue as all the other previous games this season - he needs support up front. He can win headers and hold up play all day long but when no one is near him to link up play what else can he do? Murphy is completely wasted where he is being played and his confidence appears shot to pieces. Stuart McCall knows best tho!

Spot on. Once again Jamie Murphy didn't know what he was meant to be doing or where he was meant to be playing. Jennings and Lasley were also incapable of supporting the big man. We created chances by the barrowload but all too often Higdon was our sole presence in the Hibs box. Stuart McCall needs to sort out our striking probelms and quickly.

Spot on. Once again Jamie Murphy didn't know what he meant to be doing or where he was meant to be playing. Jennings and Lasley were also incapable of supporting the big man. We created chances by the barrowload but all too often Higdon was our sole presence in the Hibs box. Stuart McCall needs to sort out our striking problems and quickly.

A lot of really good crosses into the box tonight but no one on the end of things. So much of our best play is down the flanks then balls hit into the box but time and again there is no one there.

Higdon was immense tonight, bettered only by Lasley. Anyone who says otherwise needs their head checked.

Aye, he played much better last night. It's good to see that he's reacted to the poor performance and the heckling he got on Saturday from the crowd in a positive manner.

More of the same please! :nod:

Thought Higdon played pretty well and his goal was a class finish. One thing which is frustrating (and it doesn't just apply to him) is the way our forwards seem to be caught on their heels when a ball is played across the box. Hateley/Humphrey played a few smashing balls across the face of goal last night and all it needed was one of the forwards to be sliding in for a goal. Also, I wish one of them would get across the front now-and-again rather them hanging around between the penalty spot and back post.

• Like 1

The fuckin middle section of the east stand is full of clowns.

They are fuckin praying for the slightest mistake from higdon so they can let rip with there fat greetin faces. Any one who doesn't think Higdon was great last night is an idiot

Not just the middle section, there were clowns at each end of teh East last night screaming abuse at him. Clueless doesnt cover it