Steven Lawless...1

ASSISTS

Nicky Law........7

Michael Higdon...2

Jamie Murphy.....1

Keith Lasley.....1

Ross Forbes......1

Tom Hateley......1

As well as indicating that Higdon is doing his job, highlights how important Law has been for us so far this season.

Two great signings by McCall.

As well as indicating that Higdon is doing his job, highlights how important Law has been for us so far this season.

Certainly sounded like Law was the player who was seeing most of the ball today, from the number of mentions he got in the commentary.

Steelboy will be away drowning his sorrows - he'll be gutted we won and more gutted that Higdon scored 2. :D He'll be hoping that we're shite again soon tho.

Go easy on him on his return.

In all seriousness shows the absolute futility of being so negative agianst our own (top scorer in the 2nd top team). We're doing well at the moment overall and think that we've yet to fire on all cylinders. I think we'll give someone a real humping at FP when it all clicks together. There are some serious reverse humpings in that team as well and we'll just have to accept that.

• Like 4

From Herald Online:

It proved to be a profitable afternoon for Michael Higdon. The striker has come in for some heavy criticism from a section of the Motherwell support in recent weeks but they were cheering him off at the end here after he plundered two more goals to add to his growing collection.

The fact that the team he supports, Liverpool, had beaten Everton in the Merseyside derby earlier in the day only added to his good humour. “I watched the DVD of last week’s game and I’m surprised the fans didn’t give me more stick, to be honest,” he admitted candidly. “Hopefully they’ll enjoy a pint tonight and realise I’m actually a good player.”

Glad to see he retains a sense of humour. He is bound to have a couple more stinkers this season. Let's hope the boo boys lay off him this time around.

From the official

McCall hails “unplayable” Higdon

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Stuart McCall was full of praise for two-goal striker Michael Higdon in the wake of Motherwell’s 3-1 win over Dundee United at Tannadice.

Higdon capitalised on a goalkeeping error and coolly slotted home a penalty as the bustling striker showed the qualities which convinced McCall to bring him to Fir Park in the summer.

It takes the former Falkirk man’s tally to a more than respectable six goals in eleven appearances, and his manager is in no doubt that the 28-year old will continue to be a real goal threat for the ‘Well.

“Before he scored, in the first three or four games, he’d had shots kicked off the line or headed off the line, so he could be in double figures by now,” the Steelmen gaffer praised.

“I’m pleased for him, he’s got some stick off some fans in our last home game, and he’s reacted well to it.

“He knows how much we value him. He trains hard, he’s a conscientious lad and the rest of the boys are behind him, as they are each other.

“From the first whistle we’ve got in about it. We’ve talked about all week that we need to defend as a unit and fight in the midfield. We knew the midfield area was going to be key and I thought Higdon led the line very well. All the pieces of the jigsaw fitted together today.”

He knows how much we value him. He trains hard, he’s a conscientious lad and the rest of the boys are behind him, as they are each other.

Higdon’s super brace was supplemented by a fine strike by Keith Lasley, who appears to have discovered something of a goal touch in his 30’s

The ‘Well legend fired in his third goal of the campaign against the Terrors – already his most prolific season since he racked up four in the 2003/04 campaign.

McCall joked that the 32-year old’s form was down to him showing Keith his ‘Two Greatest Goals’ DVD, before praising the fluency of his opener, and the subsequent team effort to see out the result.

The former Bradford boss continued: “The first was a great team goal, well worked and a great finish.

“With Jenno back in there back to his best, that allows Lasley and Law to get forward and in to the box, that’s what we’ve worked on. We had to match up with them in the midfield and it worked out well. It’s been a good day for us.

“Then to get the second goal just on half time was great. The ball fell right at Michael’s feet, but it was perhaps on his weaker side, so he’s done well to put it away.

“All in all it was a good day’s work, borne out of team effort really. The only negative is going home without the clean sheet.”

So Higdon reckons he was rotten last week. So fans giving him a hard time is justified. This week he realised he needed to up his game, promptly did so and bagged two goals.

Glad he seemingly was alot better yesterday and pleased he got a brace, still don't rate him or feel he fits into our system of play but will be happy if I'm wrong. At least it looks like he will bag double figures in goals easily this season.

So Higdon reckons he was rotten last week. So fans giving him a hard time is justified. This week he realised he needed to up his game, promptly did so and bagged two goals.

No, the fans calling him a "fat c*nt" and so forth isn't justified, no matter how rotten he was.