The Michael Higdon Thread

DEWELL

Higdon is a big target man. He will score all the shite goals of the day (just like big Sutton) but a goal is a goal and if that's the way it has to be then so be it. We've not got the money for a Ross McCormack'esque striker so I'm quite happy as long as he's banging them in. Apart from that he's not really got much else to offer IMHO.

A good comparison is the rangers' support's view on big kris Boyd. Plenty of folk I've spoke to wouldny take him back even although He's one of their most prolific goalscorers.

As long as he scores the goals av nae complaints in the grand scheme of things.

A big part of being a striker is to be in the right palce at the right time..........who cares whatt he goal is like you don't get points for style, a goal is a goal. Wullie Pettigrew and Gerd Muller wer enever silky soccer players bu tthey made their name by scoring goals. How many of Gerd Muellers goals bounce off of his knee or shin from within 6 yards of the goals???? They all counted. As long as Higdon keeps scoring goals he desrves some credit. and as for "his second was just a penalty"............ it was just penalties we missed against Hibs the other night, against Odense last year, against Rangers a few seasons ago.

Apart from that he's not really got much else to offer IMHO.

A good comparison is the rangers' support's view on big kris Boyd. Plenty of folk I've spoke to wouldny take him back even although He's one of their most prolific goalscorers.

What a load of bull that is.

Does Higdon not play a big part in defending set-pieces?............Does he not bring other players in to play?.........Doesn`t set up goals either?

He also bullies opposition defences.

Kris Boyd could score goals, yes. No danger he helps out the rest of the team the way big Higdon does.

None of it is incorrect, but your post is pretty much invalid because all of what you said is irrelevant.

The man stuck the ball in the net. That's all that matters. Be it a 30 yard screamer or a deflection that ricocheted off his left arse cheek, they all count.

Exactly. You don't get an extra goal if it was a screamer or from open play, or if there was no mistakes involved. Never got the whole "yeah he scored x amount of goals but y amount were penalties" Last time I checked all goals count the same in the end.

Also, can't be arsed multi-quoting but Davie Boy also spot on.

A big part of being a striker is to be in the right palce at the right time..........who cares whatt he goal is like you don't get points for style, a goal is a goal. Wullie Pettigrew and Gerd Muller wer enever silky soccer players bu tthey made their name by scoring goals. How many of Gerd Muellers goals bounce off of his knee or shin from within 6 yards of the goals???? They all counted. As long as Higdon keeps scoring goals he desrves some credit. and as for "his second was just a penalty"............ it was just penalties we missed against Hibs the other night, against Odense last year, against Rangers a few seasons ago.

Were you pished when you typed the first half of the post & sober by the time you reached 'How many.."

Don't think iv'e ever seen such a dramatic change in typing in one post. :lol:

Billiant

Unfortunately all down to my typing being pish!! seems like my typing is just like Motherwell. Great one minute and pish the next for no apparent reason!

Mon the Well!!!!!!!!!!

Were you pished when you typed the first half of the post & sober by the time you reached 'How many.."

Don't think iv'e ever seen such a dramatic change in typing in one post. :lol:

Billiant

Higdon is a scoring machine. :notworthy:

As I've said, he will split opinion but I'm afraid at the end of the day a forward who scores goal's is a ......................... forward? :blink:

In todays "modern game" the line between positions has been blurred to an extent some so called supporters want it all. :dash2:

That's all. :whistling:

Higdon is a big target man. He will score all the shite goals of the day (just like big Sutton) but a goal is a goal and if that's the way it has to be then so be it. We've not got the money for a Ross McCormack'esque striker so I'm quite happy as long as he's banging them in. Apart from that he's not really got much else to offer IMHO.

As long as he scores the goals av nae complaints in the grand scheme of things.

Who did you speak to, Pat, Mick or Tim? :lol:

A guy who scored "quite a lot of goals" and they wouldn't want him back.:wallbash:

You couldnae write it. :doh:

I can imagine him partying. No doubt sitting in a hotel lobby somewhere entertaining the locals with "you know, contrary to popular opinion, a weekend in largs is actually a better holiday than a week in ibiza and the clubs are better too. i will be proved correct about this as soon as my aspirin wears off (which is actually more effective mdma for a true dance experience)"

that 3000 mile telescope of yours is as accurate as ever :lol:

good to see higdon getting a couple of goals and good to see that he realises that his performances haven't been up to scratch.

"I didn't turn up last week and maybe the St Johnstone game, too. The lads have been playing without me for a couple of games, but you have to keep working hard and I got the rewards.

if he shows the desire and ability to improve i'm happy to have him on board.

that 3000 mile telescope of yours is as accurate as ever :lol:

good to see higdon getting a couple of goals and good to see that he realises that his performances haven't been up to scratch.

if he shows the desire and ability to improve i'm happy to have him on board.

:laugh: You know it really is fuck all to do with you being happy to have him or not don't you? You have him, that's it, enjoy it while it lasts.

Nope, read and re-read that, still makes no sense. Enlighten me.

it seems pretty hypocritical for someone who has been giving their opinion in print for decades to have a go at someone else for doing it on a forum.

if you had avoided subjects that had 'fuck all do with you' the majority of osb wouldn't exist. you moan about everything and anything in the fanzine (which is a good read), why can't i do it on here?

it seems pretty hypocritical for someone who has been giving their opinion in print for decades to have a go at someone else for doing it on a forum.

if you had avoided subjects that had 'fuck all do with you' the majority of osb wouldn't exist. you moan about everything and anything in the fanzine (which is a good read), why can't i do it on here?

:laugh: Don't for a minute believe I'm stopping you from doing anything, nor would I want to for the very reasons you state there. Just the way you worded that "Happy to have him" bit made me chuckle, none of us have any say at the end of the day, all we can do is moan about bits we don't like or would prefer to be different. Players on the park though, makes no odds what any of us think of them, they're there by someone else's choice and that's that. Don't think you've heard me moan much about players on the park have you? That will be cos it makes no difference what I think, if the manager sees fit I have to be happy to have them here cos I've no other choice. Chill, you should know by now I don't take much seriously, it's only t'internet mind. And you're always good for a response. :nod:

Higdon is a team player and not one of your "glory" strikers.

He would rather pass to a team mate in a better position than have an attempt himself.

(This might be because he thinks he can`t score himself so shirks out of the responsibility or, on the other hand, just simply a lack of confidence).

At times he is not very pleasant on the eye but it was great to hear the away support giving him vocal support yesterday, even when he missed out on a few good chances, but I`m sure he appreciated the encouragement. On another day he might just have bagged a hatrick.

Here`s hoping for next week - its just great to wake up on a Sunday morning and read that the second team have pegged back the league leaders - we can dream on.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: