The Michael Higdon Thread

DEWELL

TV pictures show Higdon was onside for the disallowed goal on Saturday! :wallbash:

4 major decisions owed to us this season season (Apparently they even out remember...)

In my opinion, Higdon and Randolph are the only things keeping us from a struggle against relegation...

I've yet to be convinced we're not in one. Especially if this form continues.

At a time when we're cutting the budget, I can't see us replacing Higdon with anyone of similar or better quality.

Jutkiewicz was a better allround striker but was never really ours. Porter was someone we could only afford due to Boyle's generosity. McCormack was a different type of player and someone we were lucky to get. Clarkson came from our youth set up, no guarantees anyone else can come from there to fill the gap. And for me, Higdon is better than Sutton.

In my opinion, Higdon and Randolph are the only things keeping us from a struggle against relegation...

Sums things up more or less perfectly at the minute, although there is some truth in the last sentence it's perhaps a bit drastic.

If/When Higdon goes in the summer, we will replace him with a lesser player. He might not be quite as bad as Paul Keegan but he'll be a lesser player nonetheless, unless we manage to pluck someone from nowhere, which I highly doubt.

There will be plenty of potential suitors for Higdon, as those who have football knowledge can see what an asset he is to a team, unlike some of the contributors in this thread who seem to know the square root of hee haw about football.

TV pictures show Higdon was onside for the disallowed goal on Saturday! :wallbash:

4 major decisions owed to us this season season (Apparently they even out remember...)

I've yet to be convinced we're not in one. Especially if this form continues.

Really, I didn't have a great view of it but thought he was offside. Not watched highlights yet but I suspect this decision is tight and in category of annoying but acceptable human error. If he miles on then I will be suitably raging.

In theory, aye. In McCalls team/tactics, no way.

Well McCalls team isn't a million miles away from how we played under McGhee. There are differences, our front 3 under McGhee were more clear cut forwards but we more or less play with a lead the line type physical forward Porter/Higdon who links up with wider support forwards Clarkson/McCormack now Murphy/Ojamma/Humphrey usually 2 from 3, more recently all 3 with someone a bit closer to Higdon.

Either way I like Higdon, he does a good job and if our budget is cut we'll do well to replace him. If not like to think we'll get someone in who can do a job. If we are cutting costs so will nearly everyone else.

Well McCalls team isn't a million miles away from how we played under McGhee. There are differences, our front 3 under McGhee were more clear cut forwards but we more or less play with a lead the line type physical forward Porter/Higdon who links up with wider support forwards Clarkson/McCormack now Murphy/Ojamma/Humphrey usually 2 from 3, more recently all 3 with someone a bit closer to Higdon.

Either way I like Higdon, he does a good job and if our budget is cut we'll do well to replace him. If not like to think we'll get someone in who can do a job. If we are cutting costs so will nearly everyone else.

If i had the choice of Clarkson/Porter/McCormack v Murphy/Higgy/Humphrey(Ojamma)

then McGhee's lot would win hands down everytime - I wouldn't class Porter as a physical forward and he was certainly more mobile than what Higgy is and would without doubt run into the channels

McCormack could produce something from nothing and was very very direct

Clarkson would run through a brick wall for us - something I dont think any of McCalls 3 would do (maybe Ojamma!)

I'm a supporter of Higgy and Murphy and Ojamma - but those other 3 complimented each other very well. The existing 3 dont. Murphy is wasted where he is playing, Ojamma doesnt get enough time on the park and Humphrey.......

Only Randolph would force his way into McCalls team from our current lot in my opinion.

(Cue smart-arse Stevie Hammell remark...)

Ha ha love the wee mistake there.

Well Randolph is an absolute shoe in, Hutch would have a chance as would Law. I suspect Ojamma, Murphy, Lasley(though Mcghee wasn't overkeen on him) and Humphrey would have a sniff and certainly would be on the bench keeping others on their

"Humphrey would have a snif"...........is it you who votes for this imposter for MOM each game? I always thought he was a member of this board and came on to vote himself each game!

37 pages debating Higdon and this guy hides during games, What do people see in Humphrey? Looks like he was not quite good enough to be a sprinter so has decided to learn how to kick a ball!

We start with ten men each week.

• Like 3

"Humphrey would have a snif"...........is it you who votes for this imposter for MOM each game? I always thought he was a member of this board and came on to vote himself each game!

37 pages debating Higdon and this guy hides during games, What do people see in Humphrey? Looks like he was not quite good enough to be a sprinter so has decided to learn how to kick a ball!

We start with ten men each week.

No I vote Lasley most weeks.

Mostly the pace you mention, if it was attached to genuine silky fitba skills he wouldn't be with us. However despite limitations he often does a not to bad job, although no game will go by with some examples of his limited ability being given an airing I genuinely think we'd be worse off without him.

• Like 3

Thats me watched big Higdon in 5 games home and away and apart from the odd flick on he really is ineffective for us up front. If he isn't continually caught offside he's continually fouling the defender in the jump for high balls. Any meagre amount of shots on goal he's had has been powderpuff. To say im dissapointed is an understatement. I thought he'd be a good player for us but with what i've seen so far he's CRAP!! There's no link up with Murphy or Humpries either and we really look pish up front. Two strikers are a MUST for us in the window or our season will go tits up relying on him getting goals for us. :dash2:

Can't believe this thread is over a year old! Jeezo...

C'mon steelboy. Analysis? The floor is yours...

did everyone not get excited about a few goals against ict and dundee previously before things went pear shaped? one of the boys at the back for ict today was a career non league player until the summer.

wait and see if he manages any improvement on his recent showings against webster & zaliukas and gunning & dillon before getting too carried away.

did everyone not get excited about a few goals against ict and dundee previously before things went pear shaped? one of the boys at the back for ict today was a career non league player until the summer.

wait and see if he manages any improvement on his recent showings against webster & zaliukas and gunning & dillon before getting too carried away.

You're well annoying

• Like 2

You would have been as well saying nothing as coming away with that argument.

What was it three he got last season against Dundee Utd? The goal that all but sealed 3rd place against Hearts? Scored against the Champions too so that was goals against 1st, 4th, 5th and 6th if you are viewing top six sides as your barometer of success.

How far do you want to go back? Again he scored against 4 of the top six when he netted against Rangers, Hearts, Motherwell and Dundee Utd in his last season with St Mirren. You might even argue that's even more impressive given Saints finished second bottom.

• Like 4