Stamping Out Sectarianism

fatcalf

And to the "police are too scared/lazy" brigade, would YOU go into the away end and remove people? Didn't think so.

O right I see because there's lots of them then they're not to be approached?

Its amazing how much the acceptance of the OF's sectarianism is built into the West of Scotland mentality.

and

Is that not what there paid to do though?

O right I see because there's lots of them then they're not to be approached?

Its amazing how much the acceptance of the OF's sectarianism is built into the West of Scotland mentality.

and

Is that not what there paid to do though?

It's called being outnumbered. You wouldn't take on 10 people on your own would you?

And, I'll repeat what I asked another poster earlier: if your boss told you to do something dangerous you would do it without hesitation? Because its what you're paid to do?

If it was in the job description then they would.

Much as i believe the police will never wade in to a stand full of OF fans - there are tools at their disposal to handle many different aspects of it. cameras / issuing reports to begin league sanctions etc.

The police by job description are there to maintain public order and if that entails handling large numbers of people breaking the law then that's what they by and large do.

In short if a policeman's boss tells him to wade in - then he or she'll wade in - because - and I'll say it again it's in his / her fuckin job description.

It's called being outnumbered. You wouldn't take on 10 people on your own would you?

And, I'll repeat what I asked another poster earlier: if your boss told you to do something dangerous you would do it without hesitation? Because its what you're paid to do?

There's not really an argument there though.

To put it another way the only way the police can tackle this or any other situation is by out numbering the offenders.

We should just give up now if that's the case.

It not as if there going to go in there and be raped and murdered, the majority of the OF fans are all mouth and would panic at the though of being lifted. In case they missed the Lodge meetings/Chapel/ Giro day.

If you join the Police force you know what your getting into.

Going and lifting a few knuckle dragger's out of the away end at Fir Park is surely not too much to ask?

• Like 2

Not here to discuss the complexities of sectarianism, to be honest i no longer know what constitutes the word to be honest. The shash? is that sectarian - hard to say, is the word h*n sectarian - hard to say. That's the major problem,noone REALLY knows what sectarian is anymore: 'Fuck the Pope' is that sectarian or a matter of personal opinion?

The whole thing is a farce, a total and utter farce.

As for the boy who got chucked out,he was an easy target. Everytime i go to Fir Park i think the same thing, see yon wee corner in the East Stand - there is nothing wrong with a bit of atmosphere but sometimes i think they rip the arse out of it. At times it looked that if motherwell were to score there would be a crush down that wee bit. I dont stand there, never have,never will however all i am saying (without trying to be a c**t) is that sometimes it looked like that wee corner get given a yard and take a mile. There is a difference between having a laugh and creating an atmosphere without looking like a genuine hazard and at times it looks that way: aggressive boysterous behaviour. Personally do i give a fuck> nah...but do i see why the police target them? Yes. Anytime someone gets fucked out of fir park it is from that wee corner, it's no a coincidence.

• Like 1

Theres been some away trips down the years where they would sound like good odds.

In short if a policeman's boss tells him to wade in - then he or she'll wade in - because - and I'll say it again it's in his / her fuckin job description.

But they wouldn't be ordered to "wade in" if it would incite a riot or they would be outnumbered and attacked.

To put it another way the only way the police can tackle this or any other situation is by out numbering the offenders.

Correct but do you want Motherwell to foot the policing bill for that operation as (unless I'm mistaken?) the club pays for policing inside the ground?

If you join the Police force you know what your getting into.

Going and lifting a few knuckle dragger's out of the away end at Fir Park is surely not too much to ask?

There is nothing at all sectarian about the word h*n.

Its has become a derogatory word for protestants and was used to slag of the Germans in the war, by none other than Winston Churchill.

h**s were a nomadic people from Russia who took over large parts of Europe in AD 370.

There is quite a fair ammount of shite on this thread is there no'?

Cooper - holy fuck man get a grip - th boys down there are doing a great job in creating an atmosphere. it's their area, their boisterous aye. But that's a great thing and should be encouraged.

albi - I'm as anti sectarian as they come - and I've been into it on here on a few topics over the years. But the removal of that kid for that banner is akin to taking the alligator aff the killie fans a few seasons back.

Folk really need to get some reality in their fuckin lives!

• Like 2

Correct but do you want Motherwell to foot the policing bill for that operation as (unless I'm mistaken?) the club pays for policing inside the ground?

Its not correct though.

You can seriously be saying that the only way to combat this is by having thousands of police at ever game or is that your solution?

"Sign up and do it then. It's surely not too much to ask is it?"

That just about sums things up.

All because I think that there should be a level playing field both sides treated the same and police should be going and lifting those mugs I've to join the police and sort it out myself!

Cooper - holy fuck man get a grip - th boys down there are doing a great job in creating an atmosphere. it's their area, their boisterous aye. But that's a great thing and should be encouraged.

ye can create an atmosphere without getting into bother, reality? reality is going to the football to enjoy yourself, i agree completely but as i said, it's no coincidence that time and time again when someone gets removed from the stand, it is from that wee corner.

Aye it,s their wee 'area' and good luck to them,serious i have absolutely no problem with what they do. If more people were as enthusiastic as them guys then there wouldnt have been a shit load of empty seats in the motherwell end yesterday(granted, there are a lot more reasons for that than a lack of enthusiasm, times are hard).

It's not about ME having to 'get a grip' - i'm only pointing out the way the police clearly view it,otherwise they woldnt be taking people out. The guy wasnt removed for the banner(a meare excuse of a reason and a shit one at that, hence the 'warning' - nothing to do with age). The reason he was removed was to make an example and the lad was nothing short of the unlucky one that was made an example of. They removed him to put the shiters up the rest of the lads down in that corner - plain and simple. To an extent it worked however the scoreline mayby done as much to dampen many spirits.

As i say,personally - good luck, but clearly the police dont share that view and they have made that abundently clear on more than one occasion now.

Folk really need to get some reality in their fuckin lives!

Reality? You're actually objecting to the police ejecting someone who had a banner saying "Nicky Law hates h**s" on it? It's a word that (as has been pointed out previously in the thread) has sectarian connotations. So much so it is in the swear filter of this very website!

If he hadn't been kicked out then there would've been a thread asking why he wasn't. The police can't win can they? :doh:

You can seriously be saying that the only way to combat this is by having thousands of police at ever game or is that your solution?

Yes. How else are you going to do it? It takes more than 1 police officer to go into a crowd of football supporters and throw one person out. It would need a hell of a lot more when going into a group of supporters renowned for violence against police officers (Osasuna, Manchester, etc.)

All because I think that there should be a level playing field both sides treated the same and police should be going and lifting those mugs I've to join the police and sort it out myself!

Well you clearly know better than them. Not at spelling, clearly, but at policing you're the man!

So if your boss told you to do something dangerous you would do it without hesitation? Because its your fucking job?

No, however if my boss asked me to do something that was well within my remit I would have to oblige as I'd have no reason to say no. At work I sometimes need to use a piece of equipment that crushes glass bottles. There's an element of danger involved in that but as it is my job so I do it, I don't work in a risky job, I'm a barman, not that risky a job but, if i signed up for a potentially risky job like being a polis then I would equally just have to do my job. If people are being sectarian then they need to do something about it. It might cause a fuss or a scene but since it's a bunch of Rangers fans who despite what we think will be largely decent right minded people it will only be a small fuss. Its not like a riot where there's a bunch of people tooled up looking for trouble.

Given the scenes in the east stand after the hearts game sending the polis in even our wee bit could have went tits and been dangerous. It never, becaue the polis sneaked in, first most of us knew anybody was arrested was when we seen the wee boy getting taken out the gate.

Albi - like I said I've been emboiled in many an argument on here re sectarianism - re chants and shouts from our section of the crown. Been in a minority on loads of it but fought the good fight. However if the lad was chucked out for that banner then we've reached the tipping point of no return. Even myself the last bastion of anti sectarianism proud defender of james mccarthy etc need to throw in the towel on this one. We might as well all stay in the house on match days. Holy and utter lumpin fuck

Cooper - cheers man - I still think 'your end' behaved a bit naughtily on Suday too :whistling:

Albi - like I said I've been emboiled in many an argument on here re sectarianism - re chants and shouts from our section of the crown. Been in a minority on loads of it but fought the good fight. However if the lad was chucked out for that banner then we've reached the tipping point of no return. Even myself the last bastion of anti sectarianism proud defender of james mccarthy etc need to throw in the towel on this one. We might as well all stay in the house on match days. Holy and utter lumpin fuck

Cooper - cheers man - I still think 'your end' behaved a bit naughtily on Suday too :whistling:

Dont even start me on that pish mate, i would be here forever moaning and grumping about half the fannies dressed in blue. FOREVER! Nothing short of embarassing at times.

However if the lad was chucked out for that banner then we've reached the tipping point of no return. Even myself the last bastion of anti sectarianism proud defender of james mccarthy etc need to throw in the towel on this one.

If the tipping point means we have rid Scottish football of the terms "h*n" and all of that jazz then I'll be over the moon.

bodywave1.gif