Songs Played Prior To Kick-Off?

Stu92

Heard a song prior to kick-off at the Rangers game there that I've not heard in ages, don't think its a new one that we've only just started playing but I only just realised how much I liked it! Its played quite close to when the teams come out the tunnel, if anyone could fire some names of songs at me that they think it could be that would be brilliant!

It is an absolute joke that the police will throw out a kid with a banner yet the guy responsible for playing that horrendous Kings of Lion/Stereophonics tune is left to go about his business.

it's unbelievably bad.

the guy usually keeps songs in his playlist for about a decade so we'll no doubt be assualted by it until 2021 :dash2:

It is an absolute joke that the police will throw out a kid with a banner yet the guy responsible for playing that horrendous Kings of Lion/Stereophonics tune is left to go about his business.

that song makes me cringe every week, it not even in time. also the cheer leaders look rediculous dancing to that shocking sound system.

This is being reviewed at present. Changes are planned however are at an early stage so it would be wrong to comment further until we've more to add.

Before anything is implemented we hope to start a discussion on both fans forums for input.

There's another fans forum? :unsure:

As for change it should be made prior to the next home game, no excuses, the music at Fir Park is chronic beyond belief.

This is being reviewed at present. Changes are planned however are at an early stage so it would be wrong to comment further until we've more to add.

Before anything is implemented we hope to start a discussion on both fans forums for input.

Changes are at an early stage? Is that meant to be some kind of joke? Why is the person not just told to change the music he plays? It's not rocket science!!!! And while you're having these discussions can you also point out that we don't go to be deafened by him either. Again not rocket science - just the ability to turn down the volume (if it's any help if the volume button is numeric the lower the number the quieter it is!)

In some places you cant hear a thing. It's very poor in the East where I sit. Generally quite low. Although for that I'm grateful - when it is turned up it's painful. Right now, any announcements sound like they're being made by the school teacher from Charlie Brown.

And therein lies the problem - when your sound system is WW2 concentration camp cast offs then there's probably no point in trying to play any type of music - gash or otherwise.

There'e nothing worse than hearing decent music played through a sound system that's one step up from tin cans and taut sring.

So they can continue to play mash up shite as long as they like. makes no odds.

On a side note I remember the last time I was at Ibrox looking at their sound system and thinking - jammy bastards - look at / listen to that superb sound system they've got (to play faux flut baun music too). A couple of weeks back I read that it's being replaced / upgraded to make it "fit for a Premier Stadium".

Whit?

It would already take yer fuckin lugs aff wi that pish!

They have got the volume in the Cooper just about spot on....which is not bad after the 17 years of me being there. Although I'd love to be party to the ongoing discussions regarding "don't put this CD in". That's a conference if ever there was one.

Musical taste is totally subjective and you won't play something that suits everyone, but I reckon everyone's starting point would be to play actual songs, instead of sounding like you've got the radio and MTV playing at the same time. It's like a wee deaf boy has been given a shot at mixing just to keep him happy.

• Like 2

Do we need music pregame? aside from a wee blast of up the well maybe it seems pointless to me.

Agreed. I honestly couldn't give a fuck what they play (bar that kings of leon/stereophonics mash-up disgrace), can't say i ever listen to the music, or try to as it may with they speakers

Just get a dj in that will play something different each week and keep up wae the times and no play gantin tunes!

No need fur ye tae 'start a discussion'... It's been started fur ye!

• Like 1