Dunfermline, 27Th August, East End Park

Andy_P

Tricky game that will piss me off no end if we lose mainly as our good start will be officially over! (and Dumfermline will go above us!) We do have enough to beat them athough I feel a couple of our regular starters could do with stepping it up a level..

A neighbour's a Pars man and was talking to him on Monday about this weeks game - he isn't overly confident as he reckons they haven't been playing particularly well, and have looked better away from home. As for beating Utd, he said they had one shot at goal and scored !!

However, Dunfermline isn't a place I've seen us do that well at, and I do remember the roasting they gave us the season they got relegated.

For that game alone, I hope we're up for it, and get tore in from the off

MON RA DOSSERS

Am I right in thinking this is our first return here since that horrible, horrible Monday night under Malpas?

Did ye have to mention that game Andy??!!!!

Hopefully things will be much better on Saturday, which will be my 900th Well first team game, my testimonial if you will!

Team-wise we should probably remain along similar lines, although I'd like to see Forbes start and use Hump as a second half impact sub when (hopefully) the Pars defence are tiring.

Any win will be fine, but I'll go for 2-0 Well with Higdon and Murphy our matchwinners.

The night Malpas blamed it on 'yer Donald Duck'?

Aye it sure is.

See I was actually going to post that but then something came into my head that it might have been after a similar pumping to Inverness he came away with that. So many to choose from that year sadly.......:doh:

---------------------------Randolph-----------

Hateley----Hutchinson-------Craigan-----------Hammell

-----------------------------Forbes----------------------------------------

-------------------Lasley----------Jennings--------------

----------------------------Law-------------------------

---------------Higdon--------------Murphy-------------------

Would like to see us give a diamond shape ago as I think it could really suit us away from home. Forbes played well last night and against Saints and deserves a place in the team in my opinion. He plays well in a midfield three and so do we generally and I think this formation would give us more cover in the middle of the park and make us less susceptible to counter attacks.

People may be worried by the lack of width but both Hateley and Hammell have been bombing forward in recent games and could do so more effectively in the knowledge that we have extra midfield players covering for them when they go forward. Law and Murphy can also drift out to find space and link up with the full backs.

Finally it would allow Murphy to play through the middle where he's more effective and give Higdon someone to chase his flick ons and leave him less isolated. Also giving Law a role to allow him to roam could prove very effective as he's our most creative player. Also gives us the option to throw Humphrey on in the last 30 mins again like last night to try and take advantage of a tiring defence.

Although McCall does seem reluctant to change it, I would love to see us give this ago.

that game at east end park under malpas was one of the worst performances ive ever seen from a motherwell team but a win on saturday would help to banish that memory :)

We were so bad that night that we made Jim O'Brien look like a player.

Malpas is easily the worst manager I have witnessed at Fir Park............what a fucking wank he was.

See I was actually going to post that but then something came into my head that it might have been after a similar pumping to Inverness he came away with that. So many to choose from that year sadly.......:doh:

No the 'Donald Duck' was from that game.

The Inverness one you're thinking of was when he said "If I could have walked out early I would of" after they'd hammered us 4-1 at Fir Park.

17 game unbeaten run the Pars are on but i reckon we're definitely good enough to end that. Whenever i've made it to a match this season we've won (Cragg's testimonial, Inverness, Hearts and Clyde) and luckily enough i'm off work on Saturday so it's almost a guaranteed away win thumbup.gif

Another clean sheet for us with Higdon and Hutchy scoring.

Randolph

Hateley Craigan Hutchinson Hammell

Humphrey Lasley Jennings Law

Higdon Murphy

As well as i thought the likes of Forbes and Lawless played last night no room for them unfortunately. Hopefully McCall will be more willing to bring them off the bench but

This game is a big un imo. After the Pars it is a two week break then we are at Parkhead. Certainly not a game I fancy regardless of recent Celtic results. A defeat on Saturday would be a bit of a setback, albeit a very early one rather than a serious blow. A draw wouldn't be the worst result but these are the games we really need to try and win. I'd love to see this ending in a win for us but if I'm honest I can see it finishing 1-1 (Murphy).

Who, outwith the Old Firm, are not "the shitey teams"?

So far Dunfermline have played:

St Mirren 0-0 first game of the season & we already beat St Mirren

ICT 3-3 only point ICT have picked up so far

St Johnstone 1-0 at the time St Johnstone couldn't score in a barrel of fannies

Dundee Utd 1-0 Utd are piiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh

Like i said all the shitey teams except Aberdeen. Haven't seen anything from them that suggests we shouldn't be winning comfortably.