Dunfermline, 27Th August, East End Park

Andy_P

Really enjoyed yesterdays day out at East End. Thought we played fairly well up until the 3-0 score line and then as most teams do we seemed to take our foot of the gas a little. Pars got back into it with 2 lucky goals. Glad we managed to get the 4th goal late on which rounded of the day.

I have been to all away games this season and I must say what a great travelling support we have managed to get at all the away games. From what I have seen alot more going to away games than last season but I suppose alot will be down to how well we are playing at the moment.

Onwards and upwards Motherwell!!!

It was a day of virtually all positives, apart from the 15 minutes that The Pars scored twice and we generally switched off and started pissing about, rather than going for the jugular. However, everything else was superb on the day, from our 70 minutes of almost total domination to our wonderful support. The young lads never stopped singing all day, although I still have the 'Chrissy Humphrey' song in my head now!!! It will be interesting to see if they are allowed to be as vocal and supportive at the San Giro next time out.....

Many good displays yesterday, thought Clancy was good on debut although I'd have liked to have seen one or two changes at 3-0. Forbes and Lawless could've got another run out, maybe McHugh too. Maybe I'm being little churlish there, but perhpas that injection of freshness might've ensured a more comfortable ending to the game. Delighted for Higgy too, the goals will flow now I'm sure.

Thought the fans were brilliant yesterday, good to see the whole stand joining in for a lot of the songs as well, reckon we must have had close to 1000 there (would love to know the official figures, anyone?) and it really shows the feel-good factor around the club at the moment.

Closest I've seen reported would be a caption on the official sites pictures where Higdon is celebrating his 4th "salutes the 800+ Motherwell fans inside East End park"

so estimated to be similar to Clyde but a wee bit less than St Mirren game that was announced as 1001 or 1002 at the game

Great game and great away support, the stand was bouncing all game. Good times, Fuck the Old Firm!!!

Big difference was the boys position within the support...centre stand at the back makes everything infectious, the sound spreads out amongst everyone. Obviously not much can be done at home games but noticed at the likes of St Mirren the guys went for the very end section of the stand. Maybe to try and get some banter with the home fans but it meant the sound doesn't travel through our own and even though I was only along a wee bit just behind the goal, I couldn't make out any of the words, where as yesterday everything was clear as a bell and it's easy to join in. Definitely think it works much better to ignore the other support and just be loud on our own steam.

Being the centre of our fans works MUCH better than being on the edge of it. thumbup.gif

Aye great atmosphere, similar to tynecastle where the boys take up position at the back of a steep stand. Probably quite a big support because its a change of scenery through at EEP, first time through there for me. We usually get quite a big support at St Mirren as well since its quite easy to get to, usually pack that stand behind the goals. Hope we can keep it going at Celtic Park next time out but I know a few folk just don't go out of principle/pricing.

Great atmosphere, great football & a great win. Some good football, Pars didn't have a sniff until a fortunate freak goal brought them back into it. Without that they could still be playing just now and not scored, thought they were easily the worst team we've played this season.

Clancy slotted in well considering he's only been here a day. Jennings bossed the midfiled, Law was classy as usual. Murphy started bright but faded as oppossed to the Humph who had a dodgy start but grew into the game, visibly lifted by his goal(what a peach as well) and I'm sure he appreciated the backing he got from the fans. Always been a big fan of Higdon and today he showed if we create the chances he will score goals, took the first goal really well and was in the right place at the right time at the 4th. Also didn't realise how good the 4th goal was as a team move, was too busy worrying we were gonna chuck the points away I didn't appreciate what a well crafted goal it was.

Great start to the season, well done to McCall and the team.:cheers:

Reason for sitting where we sat at St.Mirren was cause we were later in the ground so by the time we'd got in it was oretty much the only section we could all fit in :lol: .

Definitely agree though that sitting up the back allows the noise to carry through the stand better and create a better atmosphere...more folk joining in etc.

Im one of the lads who refuse to go to parkhead purely because of the way we have been treated in the past. We've had no bother at all this season though so tempted to go to Parkhead to see what it would be like there. Things are going really well at the moment,so hoping it continues,

Reason for sitting where we sat at St.Mirren was cause we were later in the ground so by the time we'd got in it was oretty much the only section we could all fit in :lol: .

Definitely agree though that sitting up the back allows the noise to carry through the stand better and create a better atmosphere...more folk joining in etc.

Im one of the lads who refuse to go to parkhead purely because of the way we have been treated in the past. We've had no bother at all this season though so tempted to go to Parkhead to see what it would be like there. Things are going really well at the moment,so hoping it continues,

Can see what you mean. Was there on the last day of the season and the guy behind me got chucked out for absolutely nothing. Stewards at Parkhead and Ibrox are certainly the worst in the league

Cracking day on Saturday, from a win in the Dunfermline bookies and making a profit on a bridie thanks to the idiot kiosk guy, to the great result and fantastic atmosphere.

Didn't think the atmosphere would have been as good on Saturday after reading on Pie & Bovril about how Dunfermline and their stewards/police had been all over stopping standing. Quite early on in the game, one of the stewards told me and a mate to sit down and when we refused, he claimed the police were being called up and we'd be "the first ones chucked out". He then went to the end of the row and stood talking on his shite walky-talky for 5-10 minutes. At this point, he was either talking to no-one in the hope the 'Well fans would shit it and sit down, or he'd radioed down only to be told the police couldn't give two fucks. Either way, he pissed off soon after and wasn't seen again. It was the exact opposite reaction from the police that I'd been expecting after reading P&B.

They were actually really good with us and congratulated us on the way out of the stadium for enjoying ourselves without causing "the usual bother" some away supports do. It would be great if the idiots making these decisions would come and witness this themselves.