Dunfermline, 27Th August, East End Park

Andy_P

Personally this is one of THE biggest games of my season as i am a Fifer and i have for years hated the Pars more than any team in the Scottish leagues, there fans are a shower of wankers, they play awful route one football, Sammy the Tammy is on the register and i have put my neck on the line with so many Pars fans that if we do not win i will look like a numpty. With that said i am fancying a comfortable win, we have to much pace on the wings, Austin McCann and Jason Thomson are slow as a week in the tin pail so we need to use that to our advantage. i reckon 3-1 Well Higdon double and Murph. thumbup.gif

is anybody else getting the train to dunfermline

Looking forward to Saturday, always enjoy an away day to a side that's not been in the SPL for a few years. 11.14 train from 'Well via Waverley.

I'm going with a 2-1 'Well victory. Higdon and Hutchinson the scorers.

Looking forward to visiting East End tomorrow for the first time in a few years. From what I have seen of the Pars since the start of the season I think we will have enough to win the match. Can see a 0-3 in 'Well's favour tomorrow.

Come on you 'Well!!! :thumbup:

McCall getting his Black and White stripes mixed up on the official site?

“I haven’t thought about that [going top] and someone said Dunfermline can go top if they win. But it’s always nice to finish on a high before the international break; you don’t want to go into that with a negative result.

“It is [a tight SPL] at the moment, when we’ve all got our fully fit squads. Obviously we’ve had a serious injury to Saunders, just like they’ve had one with the boy McGregor, but it’s when you get to the suspensions and injuries that you really get tested.”

That's St Mirren?

Think we'll lose. Not looking forward to this one. not even gonna predict a score. It's the sort of game where we'll dominate everything but screw up at the last

- OR -

I think, We'll win hands down by three, maybe four goals.

I'm a little undecided on what one to go with. i've not seen much of Dunfermline (or anything for that matter) this season but from what I've heard it's more likely to be the former. Hopefully we'll show our class but i'm not too sure really.

:whistling:

Went to Clyde match as the admission was cheaper and I expected to see a few goals so I won't be at Dunfermline today.

On league form so far they are undefeated in four matches which isn't bad at all. Of course they did lose in the league cup to East Fife so we will get some kind of reaction from that either positive or negative. Will they have lost confidence? Or will they be out to prove the result was a fluke? The Dunfermline squad is actually a lot more experienced than many SPL sides and I think that will prove to be a bonus for them this season. They might not have many star names but they have a side composed of good solid pros who have seen it all before. They have kept 3 clean sheets out of 4 and guys like Martin Hardie and Andy Kirk are dangerous opponents at the other end. I remember Martin Hardie scoring a couple against us down the years so hopefully he doesn't do so again!

I'd be happy enough with a point from any away ground but with our good start to the season I'll be crossing my fingers for a win. If we did win this one it could be massive for us and define the way our season is going to go. We have Celtic next week but with St. Johnstone and Aberdeen at home coming up, if we could get 9 or even 7 points out of these four matches that would really set us up for a great season going for a Top Four place.