Dunfermline, 27Th August, East End Park

Andy_P

Was shiting it a bit at the end there, made it difficult for ourselves. Shouldve had some subs on because a few players were dying on their arse by about 70 minutes. Can't fault the effort they did give though, every player was outstanding.

Good to see Hump returning to form and Higdon banging in a couple. Some backing the boys got today so I'm glad they performed for the fans. Top of the league!

One report says Humphrey set up Higdon's second & another report says it was Law that set it up. I mean ffs it's pretty impossible to get the two of them mixed up.

Humphrey knocked it into law, who played it across the face of goal to higdon. Good play by both.

Played well today and thoroughly deserved the 3 points. Thought they were absolutely woeful and on that showing will struggle big time this season.

We always had another gear to move into and proved it when we went straight up the park and scored after we gifted them their 2nd. If we really wanted to we could have taken 6 of of them today.

Special mention to the lads up the top corner for creating a great atmosphere. :thumbup:

Top of the league, I'm getting used to this! :cheers:

Six Saturdays in-a-row we've been top. Gotta be some sort of record for a non old-firm team in the top flight. Even when Romanov's mob won their opening 9 games in 05-06, they weren't top after the first week.

Best performance of the season today for me. Although we struggled for 20 minutes after we let them back into the game, on the whole we were always in control of the game and played entertaining football to back it up.

Humphrey looks a lot more confident than what he has been and played well, there was a few occasions though that he didn't show the belief to get past his man. Law looked the part again and continues to impress in every outing. Good to see Higdon on the scoresheet again, managed to stay onside a lot more than usual.

Shocking ball from Lasley that led to their 2nd goal leaving us 4 on 3 at the back which made the last few minutes a bit nervier than what they should of been.

Top of the league we'll do what we want!:cheers:

Great performance for the first hour or so. We could have went on to win by 5 or 6 against a very poor Dunfermline team but we over-indulged in our passing game and risked throwing away all our good work.

Great to see Humphrey grow in confidence and Higdon bag a couple of goals. Good performances from Hammell, Law and Hateley, while Clancy had a solid debut.

Shame we didn't get to see a couple of the younger lads brought on when we were cruising at 3-0.

Best performance of the season today for me. Although we struggled for 20 minutes after we let them back into the game, on the whole we were always in control of the game and played entertaining football to back it up.

Humphrey looks a lot more confident than what he has been and played well, there was a few occasions though that he didn't show the belief to get past his man. Law looked the part again and continues to impress in every outing. Good to see Higdon on the scoresheet again, managed to stay onside a lot more than usual.

Shocking ball from Lasley that led to their 2nd goal leaving us 4 on 3 at the back which made the last few minutes a bit nervier than what they should of been.

Top of the league we'll do what we want!:cheers:

After they scored their first goal I was shouting for Forbes to come on for Las as I thought he had switched off a bit.

Still 3 points top of the league is what's important. yahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gif

another great 3 points for us apart from the spell where we let them back in it we were in total control of the game again playing some good stuff especially in the first half.im chuffed for big higdon it was his best performance in a well shirt and clancy had a solid game he slotted in really well.that was the best atmosphere at an away game for a long time it was absolutley bouncing :nod:

Great game today, apart from forgetting where the goal was for a spell, letting them back into it. Should've been dead and buried after the 3rd goal. SHOES OFF FOR THE MOTHERWELL!

:pleasantry::pleasantry::pleasantry:

Well done to the young boys for the atmosphere, absolutely fanatastic. :notworthy:

I, for one, will be going to more away games if the atmosphere is as good as todays.

I think the team responded to it, I really do.

We were brilliant today and is it not great we are not talking about the ref.

Well done Motherwell. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• Like 1

:pleasantry::pleasantry::pleasantry:

Well done to the young boys for the atmosphere, absolutely fanatastic. :notworthy:

I, for one, will be going to more away games if the atmosphere is as good as todays.

I think the team responded to it, I really do.

We were brilliant today and is it not great we are not talking about the ref.

Well done Motherwell. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I couldn't agree more. You could see a real spring in Humphrey's step after the boys were singing "that" song for ten minutes!

Think it was appreciated by Humph when he made a special effort to come down to the stand to applaud the supporters.

Just shows that we underestimate the effect it has on players when we get behind them.

btw security guy told me that it was the first time this season that stand had been opened due to the shit away supports to date.

I think we should all give ourselves a pat on the back for that :pleasantry:

On that note, the away supports have been excellent so far this season!

I've been at all but rugby Park so far, and the support has been bigger and noisier than I can remember for spl matches. Clyde was quiet, but still a big support on a miserable night!!

Is it results, atmosphere, better weather, early season optimism... ?

For me it's a bit of everything!

Was disappointed tonight when I realised it will be 2 weeks until our next game, 3 weeks until mine, and 6 weeks (Easter road) until I can make an away game.

Since I was young...

Thought we played well yesterday and could and should have won it at more of a canter, 4-2 flatters Dunfermline, they were very poor for the first hour until we began to slacken.

Higdon led the line superbly today with Humphrey, Murphy and Law all interchanging and causing Dunfermline no end of problems with their pace- if we can keep that up all season we will be a match for most SPL teams as they can't handle the speed and movement we have. Daley coming in might light a rocket under Humphs arse, whilst he did have a better game today, he was still found wanting at some times looking to turn back instead of taking it on and into the box or to the byline, indeed, two of the times he did this, he scored a goal and had a hand in another, there's a lesson to be learned there.

Thought the fans were brilliant yesterday, good to see the whole stand joining in for a lot of the songs as well, reckon we must have had close to 1000 there (would love to know the official figures, anyone?) and it really shows the feel-good factor around the club at the moment.