Celtic Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

I know we have the international break to look forward to first, but I figured we could get the thread started anyway.

I don't think I ever go into an away game against either of the Old Firm expecting to take anything from the it, but I always have a wee glimmer of hope that we can if the circumstances are just right.

Those circumstances in this instance involve Daniel Majstorovic. If this lump is playing I fancy us to nick at least one goal as our forwards are on fire at the moment.

As far as I'm aware he still plays for Sweden, so here's hoping he doesn't pick up any knocks between now and the 10th of next month :evilgrin:

Haven't been back since our last win when i was told to sit down whilst celebrating our goal. Was called an orange bastard for the whole game by a guy sitting next to a steward who then demanded the steward chuck me out for waving my betting slip at him and shouitng "20 quid on the well at 10/1 ya peadophile". Got to return for the top of the table clash. Probably end up oot on my arse if we went ahead, would be worth it thoughto see those c***s faces :cheers:

There always seems to be a negative attitude about going to Celtic Park and Ibrox due to the ridiculous stewarding and policing. I know a lot of the guys I go to the football with are put off and usually boycott CP for this reason but with our away support being so vocal this year so far and with some fantastic results on the pitch I really hope that the 'Well fans turn out in good numbers.

Hopefully the security at Celtic let us do our own thing, sing and support the team without causing any bother, that's if the majority of singers decide to go, but then again let's be honest, there is a slim chance that the police and stewards in the Away end would allow anyone to even look to be enjoying themselves.

As per usual don't expect to get anything when playing the Old Squirm especially on their patch.

BUT after the start we have had this season I don't really care if they beat us every time they play us this year if we continue as we have done and take ponts off everybody else in the league we will be there or thereabouts come the end of the season.

It's far more important to get the points off the other teams in the league and just hope we can maybe get a break sometime against the gruesome twosome.

Mon the Dossers.

P.S. 2 - 0 Well Higdon & Hateley.

The break may do us some good though, two weeks training for Omar Daley to get him up to speed and get his visa / work permit sorted. Looking forward to seeing him and the Humph running at the swede.

Cup final revenge time, players will be up for it, but will keep cool i think, nice playing surface, good rest, seeing that they are there for the taking and vulnerable at the back, our pace will be key, depends what Motherwell turn up but if we play like we can I can see us winning this one! 3-2 the well

Centre everything around Majstorovic, as he's fucking brutal. Get Higdon in about him and chuck the ball in there...if we have it at the feet of Murphy or Law, then basically aim for him, running right at him. Other defenders can't come and help him out as they would be leaving their man free, so literally chuck everything at the guy and force him to deal with every attack...be it a pass, a long ball, a run. Make him their busiest player and he WILL fuck up at least 3 or 4 times.

• Like 2

we'll need to have a sensible game plan if we want to get a positive result.lessons should be learned from the rangers game we dont need to throw bodies forward every chance we get especially the full backs.celtic are dodgy at the back so we should have a go at them while keeping a good defensive shape at the same time

Do you need to buy your ticket in advance for Celtic park? Or is their a facility to buy a ticket for the 'well end on the day?

I'm working, so it would be a late decision if I was going. Enjoyed away days so far this season, so would consider going if I could do that?

Think I'm going to break my 100% attendance for this game and watch it in an unnamed local establishment! Tend to boycott Celtic Park and Ibrox by rule, don't like putting any money into their club, don't fancy sitting behind a massive pole or suffer the regime by the security. Add that to the fact I'm going from full time work to being a student soon, so would rather keep my funds for a game I won't have the opportunity to watch live.

Think I'm going to break my 100% attendance for this game and watch it in an unnamed local establishment! Tend to boycott Celtic Park and Ibrox by rule, don't like putting any money into their club, don't fancy sitting behind a massive pole or suffer the regime by the security. Add that to the fact I'm going from full time work to being a student soon, so would rather keep my funds for a game I won't have the opportunity to watch live.

Same mate ive no been at an old firm away game for about 3 year for the same reasons.

we'll need to have a sensible game plan if we want to get a positive result.lessons should be learned from the rangers game we dont need to throw bodies forward every chance we get especially the full backs.celtic are dodgy at the back so we should have a go at them while keeping a good defensive shape at the same time

We need five in midfield for this one. Put Murphy left and move Law inside, or bring in Forbes. I'd also consider dropping Humphrey for this one. He could be useful coming off the bench in the later stages if we have a result and Celtic are throwing everything at us. We need to try sometime different with 'bespoke' tactics for this game. If it doesn't work, no great loss.

Would set us up like this

-----------------Randolph--------------

Clancy---Hutchinson---Craigan---Hammell

Hateley--Lasley-------Jennings---------

------------------Law-----------Murphy-

-----------------Higdon----------------

I think that would give us the numbers in midfield but also retain some forward threat. I think we need to set up less open and more solid and defensive but at the same time the worst thing you can do is sit back for 90 minutes.

Do you need to buy your ticket in advance for Celtic park? Or is their a facility to buy a ticket for the 'well end on the day?

I'm working, so it would be a late decision if I was going. Enjoyed away days so far this season, so would consider going if I could do that?

Yes u need to buy ur ticket in advance. Dunno if they are available at fir park on the sat morning tho?