Celtic Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

why not inform c.f.c. on the letter that you are also sending a copy to strathclyde police & the papers. you never know, just might get a re-action i,m sure that no club can really afford to continually turn their backs on paying customers, can they? i,m in the group of never setting foot in that park :whistling:

Woosh

Woosh why?

If it is purely a wind up then why aren't same Well fans digging out an Irish flag or something that would wind up the inbreds that would go mental at a Rangers game? Ok no obvious Irish connection I can think of at Motherwell this minute these days since likes of Coyne and Coyle moved on but seeing as it a wind up there hardly needs to be. But go get a tricolour with Tommy Coyne(Ok he scottish but he played for them) Motherwell Supporters on it or something. Pretty sure it would for no logical reason cause some of their braindead fans to foam at the mouth and you can take something of a moral highground that it just a means to annoy the bigots in the other end rather than looking just like a bunch of fuckwits waving a UJ at Celtic fans.

If it not just to noise up the Celtic fans then why bring it? You can argue free to do so but why, what is the connection to Motherwell? Support the Union or not I don't really care but we represent Scotland in the world of football I don't see where anyone feels the need to celebrate their Britishness in connection to Motherwell FC?

And has been pointed out, there are ample negative connotations to the UJ in relation to football so why associate ourselves with that nuggle dragging 'seig heil' element and give the bams that call us h**s without the bus fare all the ammunition they need.

Woosh why?

If it is purely a wind up then why aren't same Well fans digging out an Irish flag or something that would wind up the inbreds that would go mental at a Rangers game? Ok no obvious Irish connection I can think of at Motherwell this minute these days since likes of Coyne and Coyle moved on but seeing as it a wind up there hardly needs to be. But go get a tricolour with Tommy Coyne(Ok he scottish but he played for them) Motherwell Supporters on it or something. Pretty sure it would for no logical reason cause some of their braindead fans to foam at the mouth and you can take something of a moral highground that it just a means to annoy the bigots in the other end rather than looking just like a bunch of fuckwits waving a UJ at Celtic fans.

If it not just to noise up the Celtic fans then why bring it? You can argue free to do so but why, what is the connection to Motherwell? Support the Union or not I don't really care but we represent Scotland in the world of football I don't see where anyone feels the need to celebrate their Britishness in connection to Motherwell FC?

And has been pointed out, there are ample negative connotations to the UJ in relation to football so why associate ourselves with that nuggle dragging 'seig heil' element and give the bams that call us h**s without the bus fare all the ammunition they need.

Claiming anither yin OTF? :laugh:

The Union Jack is not my cup of tea and i would never personally take one with me to the football,however its not my place to tell folk what to believe in. We all know how diverse our support is so surely it comes as no surprise that we have different views.

On the 'sieg heil' incident i can assure you that as bop says it is none of the main organisers however we do know its happening and are trying to cut it out for the exact reason that it aleinates us from the rest of the fans. As someone said previously though there are a lot of people who stand and sing with us at games and its easier said than done to point out who it is.

First game back at parkhead in 3 seasons and it'll be the last time i go back and the bulk of our group feel the same. We've spoken a couple of times about organising a full fan boycott of parkhead to make a statement however we realise that there would still be fans who would go to the game...boycott or not!

Woosh why?

Guilty as charged, yer ever so great internet Officer Dibble sir!

Well, in reply to the latest pissy pantedness that was star sail... Tongue fimly in cheek comment with regards Celtic and ignorance towards our fans and the following poster jumped right in, hence, the woosh. I make no apologies if it dosn't fit with your internet etiquette.

Any Motherwell fan feeling the need to take a UJ to Celtic Park should be considering a season ticket at Ibrox next season.

An ignorance that knows no bounds? You bet.

As you mention above - Connection to Motherwell? Deary me, it's one side of the coin, a British subject waving the nations flag in the United Kingdom and that's the retort? Somehow feel. if it was a saltire held aloft, little would have come to pass on this thread...

On the flip side, the points you make are equally as valid and believe as I mature my thoughts align with similar viewpoint. Before? I'd have thrived on using the union flag in this way, but, times have changed... Don't require flag, nor collarette or secret organisation membership to let them c***s know what I am.

As far as the Union Jack goes, I've always wondered, if you feel the need to bring a national flag with you, why not bring a Saltire?

Never understood why people bring national flags anyway. I mean I can see the point in European games and such but never understand it in the domestic context. Likewise the arguments of just showing patriotism. It's not like you take a flag with you when you go to the movies or out for a meal

The Union Jack is not my cup of tea and i would never personally take one with me to the football,however its not my place to tell folk what to believe in. We all know how diverse our support is so surely it comes as no surprise that we have different views.

On the 'sieg heil' incident i can assure you that as bop says it is none of the main organisers however we do know its happening and are trying to cut it out for the exact reason that it aleinates us from the rest of the fans. As someone said previously though there are a lot of people who stand and sing with us at games and its easier said than done to point out who it is.

First game back at parkhead in 3 seasons and it'll be the last time i go back and the bulk of our group feel the same. We've spoken a couple of times about organising a full fan boycott of parkhead to make a statement however we realise that there would still be fans who would go to the game...boycott or not!

Do it, make it official, then batter the scabs who dissent :evilgrin:

I'm just dying to know what the folk against flags at football are doing about it? Mumping on a forum? Until it's against the law let folk take whatever they like to the fitba, they look like an arse, you don't, unless you're wearing a spray painted hard hat :doh:

Agreed hard hats should always be hand painted, just doesn't look right if you can't see the brush strokes :thumbup:

Guilty as charged, yer ever so great internet Officer Dibble sir!

Well, in reply to the latest pissy pantedness that was star sail... Tongue fimly in cheek comment with regards Celtic and ignorance towards our fans and the following poster jumped right in, hence, the woosh. I make no apologies if it dosn't fit with your internet etiquette.

An ignorance that knows no bounds? You bet.

As you mention above - Connection to Motherwell? Deary me, it's one side of the coin, a British subject waving the nations flag in the United Kingdom and that's the retort? Somehow feel. if it was a saltire held aloft, little would have come to pass on this thread...

On the flip side, the points you make are equally as valid and believe as I mature my thoughts align with similar viewpoint. Before? I'd have thrived on using the union flag in this way, but, times have changed... Don't require flag, nor collarette or secret organisation membership to let them c***s know what I am.

I genuinely don't understand a word of this. Totally bemused!!

What is there to understand? A poster asked why I posted woosh to your post and I gave an explanation...

Added in your ingnorance for effect. Simples.

If I am being ignorant (which is possible) explain to me why OTF. What is it that I am ignorant about? I am asking a genuine question, not trying to be smart.

I'm all for each to their own and do what you want at the game.

However

I went into work today to a barrage of emails about why we had the Union Jack out on Saturday.

I found myself utterly embarrassed at having to explain, as a team with no affiliation to the union jack, or the colours on it, why we had it at the game.

When I quoted comments from here re. "it was a wind up", i was asked will we have a Tri Colour at Ibrox? I'm now getting kinda annoyed about it. On the park we are so on a high and off the park we, on this one off occasion seem to be sinking so so low.

I'm all for each to their own and do what you want at the game.

However

I went into work today to a barrage of emails about why we had the Union Jack out on Saturday.

I found myself utterly embarrassed at having to explain, as a team with no affiliation to the union jack, or the colours on it, why we had it at the game.

When I quoted comments from here re. "it was a wind up", i was asked will we have a Tri Colour at Ibrox? I'm now getting kinda annoyed about it. On the park we are so on a high and off the park we, on this one off occasion seem to be sinking so so low.

Did you have the Union Jack personally?

If not, the answer to the emails is simply "fuck knows".

Jenno on Celtics second goal, quite interesting.

Ledley’s strike which made the scoreline 2-0 was particularly infuriating for the midfield grafter, who appeared to be impeded by Gary Hooper, allowing the English striker to play a vital part in the goal.

“The ball got played in to Hooper and he’s stuck out his arm and caught me in the face.

“I had the same kind of thing happen from him down south, and he knows how to do it well.

“He definitely caught me on the chin and there’s not much more I could do. I definitely have to say it was a free kick.

Just watched the goal a few times and have to agree, noticed Hooper glancing over his shoulder ,see if the linesman was giving a foul?

Did you have the Union Jack personally?

If not, the answer to the emails is simply "fuck knows".

fair comment, however i take alot of stick from friends and entire family who are all Celtic fans, about out performances against the Rangers and our inability to turn up, so i felt a need to try and 'justify' the appearance of it

fair comment, however i take alot of stick from friends and entire family who are all Celtic fans, about out performances against the Rangers and our inability to turn up, so i felt a need to try and 'justify' the appearance of it

Justify nothing to them, turn the tables and ask why the majority of them sing Irish Republican songs before they get any sniff of an answer from you. One guy with a Union flag is hardly an embarrassment considering those quizzing you turn a blind eye to glorifying terrorism every week en masse, get a grip.

In that respect Motherwell are fairly even handed. We don't turn up against Celtic either. 11 goals conceeded in the last three games against. I wld guess that they conveniently ignore that though like they ignore so much else.